+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Suggest a lake for boating vacation

Champ marketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond repute marketdawg's Avatar

Re: Suggest a lake for boating vacation

The Lake Claiborne Fireworks this year were RIDICULOUS! I've got like 10 minutes of the show filmed on my phone because I kept thinking it was the finale the entire show. Last year was good..this year was awesome!
    “Towie Barclay of the Glen, Happy to the maids, But never to the men.”

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

Quote Originally Posted by marketdawg View Post
    The Lake Claiborne Fireworks this year were RIDICULOUS! I've got like 10 minutes of the show filmed on my phone because I kept thinking it was the finale the entire show. Last year was good..this year was awesome!
    Did you get a hat?
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Champ marketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond repute marketdawg's Avatar

Nope...but if you could get my dad a hat;he's one of those guys that literally hoards ballcaps in a closet, I'd be forever grateful. He literally has at least 100 or more in a closet and I bet you if I took one out he'd ask me about it come Christmas. I'll put the video on FB from the Finale if it'll upload. I know I may be biased but I've seen 4th of July fireworks from The Dunes of Lake Michigan to Corpus Cristi to the great Shreveport (sucks) show and the Lake Claiborne is the best. Great venue and good people. All the boats were respectful (thanks to LDWF and the Sheriff) and the show itself is spectacular! BTW: For a boating vacation I couldn't recommend anything better than Lake Claiborne. The cabins at the state park are awesome and the lake itself is very navigable. Clear, clean water and our most of the lake has a clean, sandy bottom. Couple that with regular sheriff/LDWF patrols to keep everyboody nhonest (I got a ticket in a kayak two weeks ago for no life vest) and you've got yourself a great vacation. Now if 77 would just fill me in on some of his white perch hole locations...
    Last edited by marketdawg; 07-17-2013 at 01:15 AM.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v...type=2&theater

Just to give you guys an idea on how good this show was it was like this for about 30 mins or so. Steady fireworks and all different kinds of the big-boys..I just barely missed filming my faves..the big blue smiley faces and an American flag or two

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

Where do you want me to mail it to Ross?
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Craig Barclay
    522 Dumbarton
    Shreve, LA 71106

Thanks!

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Craig Barclay
    522 Dumbarton
    Shreve, LA 71106

Thanks!
    The geologist that used to work for TXO in the 70's and early 1980?

Yep...the old TXO days. We lived in Clear Lake until the late 70's. We used to have a fish camp in Galveston up into the midy 80's but moved to Shreveport in 78 or 79.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Yep...the old TXO days. We lived in Clear Lake until the late 70's. We used to have a fish camp in Galveston up into the midy 80's but moved to Shreveport in 78 or 79.
    Very cool. I was a geologist with TXO from 1980 -1990 (80-82 in Houton and 82-90 in Tyler). I saw some of his old work back then.

That is cool. He left TXO for Caddo Mngmnt in SHreveport then went independent when the oil bus crashed. He's still working (what he calls full time) as an independent but has an in with Petrohawk and is their main main in North La/Shale stuff and does/did the geology stuff for Reynold's Drilling here in SHreveport as well. He mostly fishes on Lake claiborne now He was in Ruston for business today and has called to tell me he's gonna fish tonight..and probably stay all weekend. Must be nice!

That is cool. He left TXO for Caddo Mngmnt in SHreveport then went independent when the oil bus crashed. He's still working (what he calls full time) as an independent but has an in with Petrohawk and is their main main in North La/Shale stuff and does/did the geology stuff for Reynold's Drilling here in SHreveport as well. He mostly fishes on Lake claiborne now He was in Ruston for business today and has called to tell me he's gonna fish tonight..and probably stay all weekend. Must be nice!
    Good for him and you!!

Champ rabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond repute

Just booked a place on greers ferry lake for this years vacation.

Love hamilton but way too busy on the 4th. Gf may be no different, we will see.

2003 BB&B Basketball Pick 'Em Champion inudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond repute inudesu's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rabiddawg View Post
    Just booked a place on greers ferry lake for this years vacation.

Love hamilton but way too busy on the 4th. Gf may be no different, we will see.
    It'll be crowded, but probably not as bad as the Hot Springs lakes.

Waaaaaay less to do in town, but it's a pretty nice lake. You can hike some, maybe climb Sugar Loaf. Fish the Little Red. Fancy dinner at The Little Red Inn. Less fancy dinner at Mack's.

I want to say they do their fireworks on the 5th instead of the 4th. My in-laws live in Heber Springs and I remember being up there on the 5th and talking about whether to stay for the fireworks, but they start them pretty late (and we have young kids).

Champ rabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the suggestions. We will be there for a week so we need other things to see on land.

The homeowner says they just motor out of the cove and watch from a distance.

Busy i can deal with, but hamilton on the 4th is nerve wracking bordering on dangerous.

+ Reply to Thread