+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Suggest a lake for boating vacation

Super Moderator Tech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond repute Tech77's Avatar

Re: Suggest a lake for boating vacation

Quote Originally Posted by rabiddawg View Post
    Thanks for the suggestions. We will be there for a week so we need other things to see on land.

The homeowner says they just motor out of the cove and watch from a distance.

Busy i can deal with, but hamilton on the 4th is nerve wracking bordering on dangerous.
    yes it is. We were there last 4th
    Good old Memorial Gym

Champ rabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond repute

Thought i would report from greers ferry lake.

Big big big beautiful lake. Booked a fishing trip last tuesday with "budlady" guide. We caught our limit of 30 hybrid bass by 9:30. Had a blast, if you are interested on a trip i highly recommend Terri. Be sure and request that you fish with Terri and or Darren. We didn't bait a hook, remove a fish or clean one.

The good as far as the lake.

Water is noticeably clearer than Hamilton, if you can believe it. Boat traffic on the 4th hasn't been as bad as hamilton but still very busy. Hamilton was scary last year.

Most houses are not visible from the lake because the corp of engineers owns the property from waterline to white line (up the bank). That means no clearing trees/limbs. Imo, it ruins the view of the lake. I cant see sh-t on the water 90' in front of the house.

Compared to Hot Springs there is nothing much here in Heber Springs to do.

We had the best riding day today, from 7 am til 9:30 it was almost perfect for skiing, wakeboarding etc. Go early and leave before the wind picks up and the idiots arrive. Just like any big lake.

Champ tenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond repute

I was wondering about Greers Ferry for vacationing. I've trout fished below the dam a couple of times. But I've always camped out and just fished; wasn't worried with entertaining kids. I can highly recommend it for the trout.
    Last edited by tenacious_dog; 07-06-2014 at 06:13 PM.

Champ rabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond repute

Last night i was amazed at how many houses were on the lake, yet you cant see them during the day because of the trees. At night you can see their lights.

There are several sand beaches with protective water barriers. There are several places to cliff jump if you want. (we did, woohoo!). There is the trout hatchery and info center for the dam. Didn't see any typical tourist stuff like go carts or put put.

My crew says it was the best trip ever because of the fishing trip and horseback riding at a friends house in Pine Bluff.

Champ RhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond repute RhythmDawg's Avatar

I was on Lake Ouachita with a boat and two jetskis all weekend. It was great. Traffic was more than usual...obviously, but 10 times better than most any other ski lake on a normal day.

Super Moderator Tech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond repute Tech77's Avatar

Hamilton was very busy Friday, but in my opinion, not as wild as last year.
    Good old Memorial Gym

Checked out Lake Conroe and Lake Summerville this past weekend.

Summerville is a nice lake but nothing else to offer if you are going to be there any length of time.

On the south end of Conroe, it is highly developed and highly busy of course. No less than 4 bar/grilles on the water and several good places in the area. My wife spotted a shooting range and expressed interest so next year i will take several firearms for some range time with the family

Champ Cool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond repute

Lake Reneau

Champ 1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light

Family trip to Big Cedar Lodge in a couple of weeks. Never been there. Anyone have feedback/info on Big Cedar or Table Rock Lake?

Quote Originally Posted by Cool Hand Clyde View Post
    Lake Reneau
    Only if I could I pull my boat up to the dock and have a drink?

Quote Originally Posted by 1L_dawg View Post
    Family trip to Big Cedar Lodge in a couple of weeks. Never been there. Anyone have feedback/info on Big Cedar or Table Rock Lake?
    Sorry but I have nothing.

If you go to themalibucrew.com you may find some comments from some of their members.

Gonna do Conroe this summer. After 4th of july.

Hopefully it wont be too busy, after the holiday and i hope they get plenty of rain to keep the water level up.

Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rabiddawg View Post
    Gonna do Conroe this summer. After 4th of july.

Hopefully it wont be too busy, after the holiday and i hope they get plenty of rain to keep the water level up.
    Perfect. My birthday is exactly one week after the 4th.

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtydawg View Post
    Perfect. My birthday is exactly one week after the 4th.
    Come on! I will have plenty of Tullamore Dew!

Long story short. The landord had to refund my money because the property management was threatening suit if they didnt cease renting their condo.

Oh well, back to Greers Ferry. This time staying on the north end in Fairfield Bay. My fishing guide is renting me her 3 bed 2 bath house for the week. Leave next Sunday.

Dirty, I'll be looking for ya.

+ Reply to Thread