+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: La Tech: The Fresno State of CUSA

Puppy SEHarshaw is a jewel in the roughSEHarshaw is a jewel in the roughSEHarshaw is a jewel in the roughSEHarshaw is a jewel in the roughSEHarshaw is a jewel in the roughSEHarshaw is a jewel in the roughSEHarshaw is a jewel in the roughSEHarshaw is a jewel in the roughSEHarshaw is a jewel in the roughSEHarshaw is a jewel in the roughSEHarshaw is a jewel in the rough

Re: La Tech: The Fresno State of CUSA

If they were 6'4 or 4'6 i'm for giving kids more than just a SECOND chance if its warranted. In my job my coaching staff and I have helped to turn around kids that needed some serious help and extra chances. I've had several kids who went from 1.5 or below GPA's and numerous disciplinary issues to 3.0+ kids who rarely if ever get in trouble. You need to understand that some of the kids (and yes, even girls) are grow up in horrible situations with parents who have no business being parents. All they see or hear is ignorance and violence. Kids are not maturing, truly mentally and emotionally maturing at the same rate as they once were although they are involved in all kinds of adult behavior. They are not really mature and kids these days have the absolute worst conflict resolution skills and ability to properly control their emotions. My point is I'm not against giving anybody multiple chances b/c fact is wins and losses are one thing but "saving" a kid and giving her a reason to act right and giving her something she loves to risk losing is my real job and I am the most proud of those kids that get it figured out.

All that being said I will cut your ass in a second if you continue to consistently show a desire to display the same behavior

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SEHarshaw View Post
    If they were 6'4 or 4'6 i'm for giving kids more than just a SECOND chance if its warranted. In my job my coaching staff and I have helped to turn around kids that needed some serious help and extra chances. I've had several kids who went from 1.5 or below GPA's and numerous disciplinary issues to 3.0+ kids who rarely if ever get in trouble. You need to understand that some of the kids (and yes, even girls) are grow up in horrible situations with parents who have no business being parents. All they see or hear is ignorance and violence. Kids are not maturing, truly mentally and emotionally maturing at the same rate as they once were although they are involved in all kinds of adult behavior. They are not really mature and kids these days have the absolute worst conflict resolution skills and ability to properly control their emotions. My point is I'm not against giving anybody multiple chances b/c fact is wins and losses are one thing but "saving" a kid and giving her a reason to act right and giving her something she loves to risk losing is my real job and I am the most proud of those kids that get it figured out.

All that being said I will cut your ass in a second if you continue to consistently show a desire to display the same behavior
    In college, though, you're potentially burning a 'ship in doing that therapy. Can a coach afford that luxury?
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Champ dawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to behold dawgs1's Avatar

2 points:

1. What is this obsession with guards?

2. I, like many of you believe in giving a second chance to a deserving student or player. But it must be very carefully managed. Otherwise , we are seen as LSU...bringing big city thugs into Ruston for the opportunity to win games. Most of the time this does not work out well for eithter party. Just hope Spoon can prove us wrong.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Spoon has proved me wrong already. I thought she would do a good job for our program. Wrong!

Bleed Tech Blue! JAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to behold JAY's Avatar

Fight with her "roommate". Cmon man. We really need someone who beat up their "roommate" on a team full of women. Obviously domestic violence is not taken seriously in Techster land.

2011 NFL Survivor Champion nadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond repute nadB's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JAY View Post
    Fight with her "roommate". Cmon man. We really need someone who beat up their "roommate" on a team full of women. Obviously domestic violence is not taken seriously in Techster land.
    Don't know if this is factual or not, but I'd think "rumors" like this could make recruiting really difficult ??

"Here’s a little background: rumor has it that Monifah was involved in a longterm, abusive relationship with Teresa Weatherspoon, 46, a retired WNBA player who now coaches the Louisiana Tech Lady Techsters basketball team. Weatherspoon allegedly dispensed regular beat downs whenever Monifah got out of line. Word is that the police were called to their home numerous times to break up fights."

http://sandrarose.com/2012/08/queen-...-dating-women/

Champ BuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant future BuzDawg73's Avatar

Yeah, let's start some rumors to drum up interest in the new reality show. What has Theresa Weatherspoon ever done to Louisiana Tech other than promote and support the school, and to associate her respected name with it. I have zero doubt that she wants anything but the best for the Lady Techster program, and has worked diligently to try and bring us back to relevance, a fairly impossible task in today's women's college basketball. I see no reason to disrespect the woman.
    Maybe she has not made all the right decisions. Maybe she needs more coaching experience. But, she is not some crazy, out of control, evil psychopath who lives on the edge with the police. If she were, I hardly think she would command the respect and admiration that she does from a whole lot of people and organizations in this world, or to be held as an inspiration to so many young people.
    Last edited by BuzDawg73; 05-07-2013 at 11:40 PM.

Champ bulldogbacker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebulldogbacker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebulldogbacker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebulldogbacker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebulldogbacker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebulldogbacker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebulldogbacker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebulldogbacker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebulldogbacker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebulldogbacker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebulldogbacker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your time

what has she done? Sure she did tremendous things as a player and ambassador but she is putting the finishing touches on a dying program. She has to be accountable for that just like she deserves credit for the other. In day and age it is win or move on and she should move on. If this was any other person besides a Tech legend everyone would be saying the same.

Big Dog WonderDawg is a glorious beacon of lightWonderDawg is a glorious beacon of lightWonderDawg is a glorious beacon of lightWonderDawg is a glorious beacon of lightWonderDawg is a glorious beacon of lightWonderDawg is a glorious beacon of lightWonderDawg is a glorious beacon of lightWonderDawg is a glorious beacon of lightWonderDawg is a glorious beacon of lightWonderDawg is a glorious beacon of lightWonderDawg is a glorious beacon of light WonderDawg's Avatar

Ok, I will add this part of the forum to baseball.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by WonderDawg View Post
    Ok, I will add this part of the forum to baseball.
    People are gradually running away from this section of the board. It isn't because of Spoon or the program. It is due to the hateful comments by fans.

I am a friend of Spoon's and I can tell you that she is one upstanding and outstanding person. She is an inspiration to many and is a great ambassador for Tech. It would be hard to find a better person than her.

Champ DallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond repute DallasDog's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by champion110 View Post
    I am a friend of Spoon's and I can tell you that she is one upstanding and outstanding person. She is an inspiration to many and is a great ambassador for Tech. It would be hard to find a better person than her.
    I don't doubt this one bit, but for many people including myself, the job is to win, and that is happening less and less. Just like a lot of us at our jobs, sometimes you pay for some of the sins of your predecessor.

If we were playing a murders row schedule it would be different. A&M, lsu, and Rutgers I can understand losing to them, no problem, BUT everyone else on the schedule was a decent to bad program. Denver, South Carolina, Miss State etc are/can be good but not anything spectacular.

Puppy Goodfun isn't thought very highly of around hereGoodfun isn't thought very highly of around here

I wonder if we signed guards because we lost some after the season? Maybe there was a mutual decision for some players to move on?

Varsity Bulldog old dawg is a glorious beacon of lightold dawg is a glorious beacon of lightold dawg is a glorious beacon of lightold dawg is a glorious beacon of lightold dawg is a glorious beacon of lightold dawg is a glorious beacon of lightold dawg is a glorious beacon of lightold dawg is a glorious beacon of lightold dawg is a glorious beacon of lightold dawg is a glorious beacon of lightold dawg is a glorious beacon of light

I understand that a lot of the negative stuff on this thread is because the Techsters are not what they were, and we want them to at least dominate the conference they are in.

I understand some of you think S'poon should go, but I do have trouble understanding the shots some of you take at those who have signed to play for Louisiana Tech.

Unlike some of you, I wasn't the perfect student when I was at Tech. In fact I got in a fight with my college roommate during my freshman year, and I recall seeing a couple of other fights in the dorm in those days. Luckily no one called the police so no one ended up in jail.

I never heard of any women getting in a fight, but then I doubt anyone outside of Richardson, heard about my fight.

FYI, I haven't been in a physical altercation since that time. Maybe these young women have matured, maybe not, but I don't think signing a couple of girls who (in this day and time) got in a dorm room fight, brands the Lady Techsters as thugs.

As for S'poon, you may not be happy with her win total over the last couple of years, but surely you don't doubt her love for and loyalty to Louisiana Tech. She may be making a mistake, only time will tell, but she is the coach and she has to do what she thinks is best as long as she is the coach.

Obviously, those of us on this board can say what we want, some of us anonymously, and unlike S'poon we don't have to worry about making a mistake, because if we are wrong we don't have to suffer any consequences. I guess that is one of the reasons message boards are so popular.

Champ deadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to behold deadawg's Avatar

I am all for giving someone a second chance, but when you sign two players that are on their second chance you are asking for trouble.

Champ philgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her game

This was not the news that I was speaking of. I like a lot saw the bad and while I am concerned I am also thankful that these two ladies are still putting their heads down and continuing to battle for their education.
    This could be good or it could be bad. I will reserve negative comments about giving these ladies the opportunity to continue their education through the sport of basketball until they have burned us.
    Then I will blast the Lady Techsters coaching staff for doing something so stupid as to try and get a troubled athlete an education.

+ Reply to Thread