+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Big money conference breakaway/NCAA split?

Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar

Re: Big money conference breakaway/NCAA split?

Quote Originally Posted by champion110 View Post
    I think they will separate themselves in some way - similar to the bcs. I do not think they will go semi-pro or leave the NCAA. I think they need the other FBS schools more than they admit. They can talk all they want and classify themselves as "on a higher level", but they need us to even have a higher level. They don't want to just play each other. They want to play other FBS programs that are lower than them on the ladder, so they can win and say they did it with a FBS schedule.
    I think everyone pretty much agrees that they won't leave the NCAA. What they want is to stay in the NCAA while not allowing the full membership to vote on legislation that affects them. Much like homeowners don't like it that renters are able to vote for property taxes.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtydawg View Post
    I think everyone pretty much agrees that they won't leave the NCAA. What they want is to stay in the NCAA while not allowing the full membership to vote on legislation that affects them. Much like homeowners don't like it that renters are able to vote for property taxes.
    I agree..... They find themselves in a bind, though, of wanting separation, but needing us - actually, you made a good analogy.

Champ hookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond repute hookdown's Avatar

Or in other words, having their cake and eating it too.....

Champ Champ967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond repute Champ967's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hookdown View Post
    Or in other words, having their cake and eating it too.....
    Or ...

All the benefits of membership without any of the responsibilities.

+ Reply to Thread