+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Tech in Town - BR

Champ BRDawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBRDawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBRDawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBRDawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBRDawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBRDawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBRDawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBRDawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBRDawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBRDawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBRDawg81 is a splendid one to behold

Tech in Town - BR

Went to the Tech alumni get together last evening. Great turn out for tigger country, about 110 in a room rated for 120. Coach Holtz is a dynamic speaker. Favorite line was "Are there any LSU fans here" a couple of people clapped, "Don't worry, I will use small words."

BVDV was not in attendance but has Conference softball tournament starting today in Ruston so possibly understandable. Good mix of old timers and young alums.

As was pointed out, many walked through the door as strangers to each other but it became a family reunion after a minute of talking.

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

Re: Tech in Town - BR

Quote Originally Posted by BRDawg81 View Post
    Favorite line was "Are there any LSU fans here" a couple of people clapped, "Don't worry, I will use small words."
    You Gotta Love It!
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Champ KSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond repute

I love it!!!

Champ olddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond repute

As was pointed out, many walked through the door as strangers to each other but it became a family reunion after a minute of talking.
    That's the best thing about these events. You can sit down at a table and feel right at home.

Champ kw2292 has much to be proud ofkw2292 has much to be proud ofkw2292 has much to be proud ofkw2292 has much to be proud ofkw2292 has much to be proud ofkw2292 has much to be proud ofkw2292 has much to be proud ofkw2292 has much to be proud ofkw2292 has much to be proud ofkw2292 has much to be proud ofkw2292 has much to be proud of

I was in Baton Rouge this weekend and saw lots of Tech people. Including a future student (starting next year) decked out in Tech gear at a restaurant. That's how you know we are getting somewhere. When the future students are already fans before stepping on campus.

Champ dawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to behold dawgs1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kw2292 View Post
    I was in Baton Rouge this weekend and saw lots of Tech people. Including a future student (starting next year) decked out in Tech gear at a restaurant. That's how you know we are getting somewhere. When the future students are already fans before stepping on campus.

Same thing happened to me in Washington D.C. Ran into a lovely girl (17 yr old HS senior I think) decked completely out in Tech gear. I spotted her from about 300 feet away & of course I had to go and speak to her. This is momentum. People keep talking about the "Boise Plan" & they don't realize that we have that momentum now. We just need to be smart, market well & as fans, alumni & administration stay & Nor get involved.

Champ OLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by dawgs1 View Post
    Same thing happened to me in Washington D.C. Ran into a lovely girl (17 yr old HS senior I think) decked completely out in Tech gear. I spotted her from about 300 feet away & of course I had to go and speak to her. This is momentum. People keep talking about the "Boise Plan" & they don't realize that we have that momentum now. We just need to be smart, market well & as fans, alumni & administration stay & Nor get involved.
    Plan rather than just happen. We seem to have a good wave, have we learned to hang ten?

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

Les Guice ‏@lkguice10h
    Thanks to #LATech NorthShore alumni for the warm reception. Tremendous enthusiasm by all. A special visitor: 1944 CoB alumna Bobbie Hall.

Champ TechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant future

Had to miss the BR event this year. Spent the last three weeks in Antwerp and Brugge Belgium. Just landed back home this afternoon. Hated to miss but couldn't be helped.

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgpix View Post
    Les Guice ‏@lkguice10h
    Thanks to #LATech NorthShore alumni for the warm reception. Tremendous enthusiasm by all. A special visitor: 1944 CoB alumna Bobbie Hall.
    Oops. Here's his BR tweet:

Les Guice ‏@lkguice7 May
    What a great #LATech alumni event tonight in BR! Coach Holtz & Coach Mize met for the first time. Juban's was packed with blue.#WeAreLATech

Champ BRDawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBRDawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBRDawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBRDawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBRDawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBRDawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBRDawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBRDawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBRDawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBRDawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBRDawg81 is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by TechDAG View Post
    Had to miss the BR event this year. Spent the last three weeks in Antwerp and Brugge Belgium. Just landed back home this afternoon. Hated to miss but couldn't be helped.
    Bill C. and I were looking for you. We figured you had to be out of town to miss it. Hope you and your lovely wife are doing well.
    Last edited by BRDawg81; 05-10-2013 at 07:25 AM.

Champ OLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond repute

Quality folk right there!

Champ detltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgpix View Post
    Les Guice ‏@lkguice10h
    Got to sit at the table with Miss Hall. She was recognized as our oldest alum present, and my son was recognized as the youngest future alum present (class of 2029). It was really a great event.

Champ TechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant future

Bill C. and I were looking for you. We figured you had to be out of town to miss it. Hope you and your lovely wife are doing well.
    Nancy was at the beach and I was out of town. But don't worry: LTAC and season tickets are renewed

Just an update. I recieved a letter from Dr. Guice thanking me for coming to the event and talking about his plans for the future. Nice touch.

+ Reply to Thread