+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: CBS Sports Bowl Prediction

Champ Dubya261 has a reputation beyond reputeDubya261 has a reputation beyond reputeDubya261 has a reputation beyond reputeDubya261 has a reputation beyond reputeDubya261 has a reputation beyond reputeDubya261 has a reputation beyond reputeDubya261 has a reputation beyond reputeDubya261 has a reputation beyond reputeDubya261 has a reputation beyond reputeDubya261 has a reputation beyond reputeDubya261 has a reputation beyond repute

Re: CBS Sports Bowl Prediction

Quote Originally Posted by don63 View Post
    I was disappointed with Tech's defense last year. I kept thinking that, like the Saints, if the defense was just mediocre they would have gotten into a BCS bowl. I think Tech would have beaten Florida State instead of Northern Illinois laying an egg. Now I was lurking here for the bowl debacle..When you get an invitation...you accept. As far as the New Orleans Bowl, it is a BLAST. Who say's the Cajuns would go. Tech could play Arkansas State or some other Belt team in the New Orleans bowl. A bowl is a reward for players and fans. You want to get a bowl that you as a fan can attend and have fun. If you can't have fun in New Orleans with 40,000 of your teams fans then get the stick out of your ***.
    I agree with this 100%

Champ RhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond repute RhythmDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by don63 View Post
    I was disappointed with Tech's defense last year. I kept thinking that, like the Saints, if the defense was just mediocre they would have gotten into a BCS bowl. I think Tech would have beaten Florida State instead of Northern Illinois laying an egg. Now I was lurking here for the bowl debacle..When you get an invitation...you accept. As far as the New Orleans Bowl, it is a BLAST. Who say's the Cajuns would go. Tech could play Arkansas State or some other Belt team in the New Orleans bowl. A bowl is a reward for players and fans. You want to get a bowl that you as a fan can attend and have fun. If you can't have fun in New Orleans with 40,000 of your teams fans then get the stick out of your ***.
    playing a belt team is not a reward for the players. Ask them. They will agree with this. Having said that, it's not a reward for most of our fans either. Maybe traveling to New Orleans for a bowl game is fabulous for college students, but those if us with careers and money...yeah we can go anytime we want. And most of us have kids, so...

Puppy cajunhawk Ultimate jerk and not worth your timecajunhawk Ultimate jerk and not worth your timecajunhawk Ultimate jerk and not worth your timecajunhawk Ultimate jerk and not worth your timecajunhawk Ultimate jerk and not worth your timecajunhawk Ultimate jerk and not worth your timecajunhawk Ultimate jerk and not worth your timecajunhawk Ultimate jerk and not worth your timecajunhawk Ultimate jerk and not worth your timecajunhawk Ultimate jerk and not worth your timecajunhawk Ultimate jerk and not worth your time

Quote Originally Posted by RhythmDawg View Post
    playing a belt team is not a reward for the players. Ask them. They will agree with this. Having said that, it's not a reward for most of our fans either. Maybe traveling to New Orleans for a bowl game is fabulous for college students, but those if us with careers and money...yeah we can go anytime we want. And most of us have kids, so...
    If the players felt that way...shame on them. I was always taught by my parents to never look down upon anyone (except rednecks from up north...just joking). I was taught by coaches and teachers to never take anything for granted. I have been taught by every boss I have ever had to never let an opportunity slip through your fingers because it may never happen again. Those are lessons they should have learned young...and kept learning as they grew older. Those players need to realize they are getting free college, something not all of us get, free food, free room and board...to play a game. They should count their lucky stars to be walking upright and breathing much less being invited to a postseason bowl game for one of the best senior classes in school history. I felt sorry for the players but now...they got what was coming to them.

As far as bowl game in New Orleans...I may only live a few hours from New Orleans...I work like everyone else does...and I have a young daughter to take care of. I still found time to take 3 days out of my life to go and celebrate twice in consecutive years with my Cajuns. They were both unforgettable moments in my life. You can go to New Orleans anytime you want...but only when the place is drenched in Vermilion and White is it special. It would be the same for most of you if it was...blue and red or covered in Bulldogs or whatever you guys are into. If it was any other place in driving distance I would do the same thing. You are just a fan...you are along for the ride. Enjoy it. Why make pointless excuses to downplay every situation that doesn't tickle your short and curlies?

2006 & 2011 BB&B Men's Bracket Champion (investigation underway) boxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond repute

The players I talked to wanted to play. We didn't decline any bowl. The Independence Bowl officials refused to wait for us to see how the Liberty Bowl prospects panned out. Had they waited, they would've gotten either us or Iowa State. They thought they were making a statement by issuing invitations b/f things panned out. Now, they are on the verge of exstinction because of it.

Champ RhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond repute RhythmDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by cajunhawk View Post
    If the players felt that way...shame on them. I was always taught by my parents to never look down upon anyone (except rednecks from up north...just joking). I was taught by coaches and teachers to never take anything for granted. I have been taught by every boss I have ever had to never let an opportunity slip through your fingers because it may never happen again. Those are lessons they should have learned young...and kept learning as they grew older. Those players need to realize they are getting free college, something not all of us get, free food, free room and board...to play a game. They should count their lucky stars to be walking upright and breathing much less being invited to a postseason bowl game for one of the best senior classes in school history. I felt sorry for the players but now...they got what was coming to them.

As far as bowl game in New Orleans...I may only live a few hours from New Orleans...I work like everyone else does...and I have a young daughter to take care of. I still found time to take 3 days out of my life to go and celebrate twice in consecutive years with my Cajuns. They were both unforgettable moments in my life. You can go to New Orleans anytime you want...but only when the place is drenched in Vermilion and White is it special. It would be the same for most of you if it was...blue and red or covered in Bulldogs or whatever you guys are into. If it was any other place in driving distance I would do the same thing. You are just a fan...you are along for the ride. Enjoy it. Why make pointless excuses to downplay every situation that doesn't tickle your short and curlies?
    You are completely oblivious to the point I was making. It's your opinion. I stated my opinion. And I love how you scold yourself in your second sentence for what you did in your first sentence.

Knew I should have stood by my avatar and not have posted in this absolutely ridiculous thread.

Bulldog Ragin4U Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeRagin4U Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeRagin4U Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeRagin4U Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeRagin4U Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeRagin4U Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeRagin4U Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeRagin4U Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeRagin4U Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeRagin4U Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeRagin4U Ultimate jerk and not worth your time

Wow. Bet you are a BLAST! Of course, most adults can go just about anywhere, whenever they want. If thats what you think its about, you are missing the point or trying to fool yourself. You are sorely mistaken to think that your players would rather sit home than go to even a minor bowl like the NOLA. They get treated well. Food, games, gifts, time with their team, new experiences. Having kids is not a problem, not everyone goes to Bourbon! Also dont forget about the extra weeks of practice that bowl teams get.

Quote Originally Posted by Ragin4U View Post
    Wow. Bet you are a BLAST! Of course, most adults can go just about anywhere, whenever they want. If thats what you think its about, you are missing the point or trying to fool yourself. You are sorely mistaken to think that your players would rather sit home than go to even a minor bowl like the NOLA. They get treated well. Food, games, gifts, time with their team, new experiences. Having kids is not a problem, not everyone goes to Bourbon! Also dont forget about the extra weeks of practice that bowl teams get.
    Yeah, did I write any of that? No. I simply stated playing a belt team isn't a reward. And fans don't need a bowl game to go and enjoy NOLA.

Bulldog Ragin4U Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeRagin4U Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeRagin4U Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeRagin4U Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeRagin4U Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeRagin4U Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeRagin4U Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeRagin4U Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeRagin4U Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeRagin4U Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeRagin4U Ultimate jerk and not worth your time

Yep. Still missing the point.

Yeah, did I write any of that? No. I simply stated playing a belt team isn't a reward. And fans don't need a bowl game to go and enjoy NOLA.

Yep. Still missing the point.
    lol, I get your point, and it's your opinion. My original point had nothing to do with your response to my post. You and cajunhawk remind me of some women I know.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Well, FWIW, I do think ULL is head & shoulders better than ulm. Not just on the football field, but overall. I watched (on TV) both of ULL's bowl wins the past two years and was impressed by their level of play. I actually attended the I Bowl this year (as I posted because my nephew drove in from Ohio with some friends) and ulm was simply, incredibly out-classed on and off the field. Yeah, the injuns had more fans, quantity, than Ohio, of course, but very little quality. They were embarrassed and the I Bowl suffered immeasurable damage. They should have waited for a Tech-Ohio matchup. It was their loss.

Ha. You dont know any women

lol, I get your point, and it's your opinion. My original point had nothing to do with your response to my post. You and cajunhawk remind me of some women I know.

Ha. You dont know any women

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

Youre correct. Its THE University of Louisiana
    Well, there's the University of Louisiana at Monroe and the University of Louisiana at Lafayette. If that's what you meant. I remember having quite a lot of fun when we went through OohLaLa's wordmark and pointed out all the ways it violated state law (there were a lot).

+ Reply to Thread