+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: CBS Sports Bowl Prediction

Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar

Re: CBS Sports Bowl Prediction

Quote Originally Posted by Dubya261 View Post
    Lateral decision in my opinion
    You are probably the only person outside of Lafayette Parish that thinks that.

Champ rabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond repute

I am not sure how the rule works but ull may not be picked by the no bowl even if they win the belt. I have heard it on the ullespn1420, since ull went to no the last two years they may have to go somewhere else. Someone that gives a damn can go look it up.

Champ GatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond repute GatorDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rabiddawg View Post
    I am not sure how the rule works but ull may not be picked by the no bowl even if they win the belt. I have heard it on the ullespn1420, since ull went to no the last two years they may have to go somewhere else. Someone that gives a damn can go look it up.
    There typically isn't a rule about this. It is usually an understanding that is handled by the conference office that you don't want to send a team to the same bowl in back to back years. The fact that they have gone there already in back to back years tells me they might not care.

Champ FriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond repute FriscoDog's Avatar

If we have a strong showing in Dallas against Army with turnout, that will definitely send a signal to the DFW bowls that Tech fans will travel well and put butts in seats.

Champ GermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond repute GermDawg's Avatar

I think NOLA has to have the SBC champ 2 out of 3 years, or something of that nature, ULL wasn't the champs last year but went to NOLA so they'd have to pick the champ this year... At least that's what my vague passing interest in the limited field of SBC post season remembers.

Bulldog Ragin4U Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeRagin4U Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeRagin4U Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeRagin4U Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeRagin4U Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeRagin4U Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeRagin4U Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeRagin4U Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeRagin4U Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeRagin4U Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeRagin4U Ultimate jerk and not worth your time

New member here. I am amazed that some of you think that staying at home last postseason somehow beats going to NOLA with our 40k closest friends to Paint the Quarter Red! I certainly hope the dawgs get bowl-eligible this season and we meet up. Should be a good one. Good luck to yall.

Geaux Cajuns!

Varsity Bulldog dawg gone it is just really nicedawg gone it is just really nicedawg gone it is just really nicedawg gone it is just really nicedawg gone it is just really nicedawg gone it is just really nicedawg gone it is just really nicedawg gone it is just really nicedawg gone it is just really nicedawg gone it is just really nicedawg gone it is just really nice dawg gone it's Avatar

I'll be honest..I don't care what bowl we go to. As long as we go (cough cough) and more importantly, win!

Champ brtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond repute brtransplant's Avatar

You can't be serious? You'd rather play Washington State or Iowa State than have the awesome tailgating and gameday experience of playing against a pretty legit mid-major fanbase in the party capital of the world? Now if we have a chance to play against an Oklahoma, Georgia, Michigan, etc. I would be all over that. If we aren't playing in that bowl, then I'm looking forward to the next best thing for the fans and players, which would be in a damn neared sold out Superdome.
    Nobody outside of Louisiana give's a rat's ass about a Tech/ULL NO Bowl match up. The reason we got into CUSA instead of ULL is precisely because of the fact that Tech chose to play in the WAC instead of a regional SBC that nobody in America takes seriously. Games against Fresno, Hawaii, and Boise had national interest, or at least they had the interest of some people outside of the ArkLaTex. Nobody cares what anyone in the Sunbelt does. It's nothing more than a shithole conference that is the laughing stock of the sports media. ULL may be stuck in that shithole, but Tech is not. We should never play a SBC opponent in a bowl if we have the option to get our brand plastered on TV's with a match up against an AQ conference opponent. Wins against AQ opponents get national attention. Wins against SBC opponents do not.

Champ hookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond repute hookdown's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dawg06 View Post
    Come on. There would have been mutiny and rage if BVDV immediately accepted our first offer last season.

Yes, mutiny and rage on a par with what actually happened....

Champ Dubya261 has a reputation beyond reputeDubya261 has a reputation beyond reputeDubya261 has a reputation beyond reputeDubya261 has a reputation beyond reputeDubya261 has a reputation beyond reputeDubya261 has a reputation beyond reputeDubya261 has a reputation beyond reputeDubya261 has a reputation beyond reputeDubya261 has a reputation beyond reputeDubya261 has a reputation beyond reputeDubya261 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by brtransplant View Post
    Nobody outside of Louisiana give's a rat's ass about a Tech/ULL NO Bowl match up. The reason we got into CUSA instead of ULL is precisely because of the fact that Tech chose to play in the WAC instead of a regional SBC that nobody in America takes seriously. Games against Fresno, Hawaii, and Boise had national interest, or at least they had the interest of some people outside of the ArkLaTex. Nobody cares what anyone in the Sunbelt does. It's nothing more than a shithole conference that is the laughing stock of the sports media. ULL may be stuck in that shithole, but Tech is not. We should never play a SBC opponent in a bowl if we have the option to get our brand plastered on TV's with a match up against an AQ conference opponent. Wins against AQ opponents get national attention. Wins against SBC opponents do not.
    Ok so you'd rather garner national attention by beating Syracuse in the Great Value Super Absorbent Tampon Bowl played in Billings, Montana, I get that. But I'm looking at this from a fans standpoint, if we aren't playing in a BCS bowl, NOBODY GIVES A SHIT WHO WE PLAY. Whether it be LSU or Centenary. Why not go have a blast in a hostile environment instead of wasting away in a shitty baseball stadium converted to a football field in front of 4,000 of the rich fans who could actually afford the travel and tickets? Playing ULL would not set us back, it delusional to even think playing any AQ team is worth more weight than having a blast playing a local team in a party town. Quit thinking were gonna become a national darling overnight, hell AQ schools look at us like we do at ULL. Why not let me pot meet the kettle and kick their asses and have a f*cking awesome time doing it?

Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hookdown View Post
    Yes, mutiny and rage on a par with what actually happened....
    It obviously didn't turn out well, and BVDV should have handled it a little differently. But the right solution was not to accept that early offer from Shreveport to play the juco when there were still significantly better possibilities out there. Hindsight is 20/20.
    Last edited by Dawg06; 05-11-2013 at 09:22 AM.

Bulldog Ragin4U Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeRagin4U Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeRagin4U Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeRagin4U Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeRagin4U Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeRagin4U Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeRagin4U Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeRagin4U Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeRagin4U Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeRagin4U Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeRagin4U Ultimate jerk and not worth your time

This makes a lot more sense than that genius who wants to play Hawaii and lose $ doing it. As far as beating the Cajuns? That remains to be seen. We will see you in 14 and can talk after that.

Ok so you'd rather garner national attention by beating Syracuse in the Great Value Super Absorbent Tampon Bowl played in Billings, Montana, I get that. But I'm looking at this from a fans standpoint, if we aren't playing in a BCS bowl, NOBODY GIVES A SHIT WHO WE PLAY. Whether it be LSU or Centenary. Why not go have a blast in a hostile environment instead of wasting away in a shitty baseball stadium converted to a football field in front of 4,000 of the rich fans who could actually afford the travel and tickets? Playing ULL would not set us back, it delusional to even think playing any AQ team is worth more weight than having a blast playing a local team in a party town. Quit thinking were gonna become a national darling overnight, hell AQ schools look at us like we do at ULL. Why not let me pot meet the kettle and kick their asses and have a f*cking awesome time doing it?

Champ Cal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond repute Cal&Ken's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ragin4U View Post
    This makes a lot more sense than that genius who wants to play Hawaii and lose $ doing it. As far as beating the Cajuns? That remains to be seen. We will see you in 14 and can talk after that.
    There would be very very few people that would get excited about playing ull in the NO Bowl. I can't imagine anyone other than ull and apparently Dubya getting excited about that game.

Champ KSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond repute

I want nothing to do with ULL. I don't want to play them I don't want to associate with them. Most here feel the same way.

Champ WWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond repute WWDog's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KSDAWG View Post
    I want nothing to do with ULL. I don't want to play them I don't want to associate with them. Most here feel the same way.
    Haven't you heard. They are one our extensions from the flagship , TECH, of the UL System. That should stir the pot a little.
    WWDog
    La Tech
    Region and hyphen free since 1894!
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

+ Reply to Thread