+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: "No news of C-USA expansion is a good thing"

Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar

Re: "No news of C-USA expansion is a good thing"

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    Several of us have been telling you the same thing for months. Now you act shocked. You're just hard headed. Take a deep breath and ACCEPT IT!!
    I may be hard-headed, but I'm not shocked. I'm a little surprised because the WAC's primary reference for us was Louisiana Tech.

From what I can tell, the El Ay Tech camp is very small. I could be wrong though.

Our athletic/academic branding baffles me for many reasons. Our branding problems are much, much bigger than the stupid capital A. Our branding failure transcends all aspects of the University. The root of the problem is that our admin neither knows nor agrees with who we are and who we want to be. Until our leaders figure that out, they will continue to send out inconsistent and contradicting messages that weaken our brand. It's painfully obvious that branding is not viewed as a priority at Tech, and it starts at the top. To me it appears Dooley has been our only administrator who truly understood branding, and it's no coincidence that he was not "inbred" like most of our other administrators.

I won't accept our incoherent branding efforts either. As alumni we should never accept failure, mediocrity, ignorance, or stupidity from our admin. I will continue to harp on this because I think it's important, and it gets people to think and talk. A problem can't be fixed until it's identified.
    Last edited by Dawg06; 06-23-2013 at 11:21 PM.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dawg06 View Post

From what I can tell, the El Ay Tech camp is very small. I could be wrong though.
    Ya think?

Champ StrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond repute StrayDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dawg06 View Post
    I may be hard-headed, but I'm not shocked. I'm a little surprised because the WAC's primary reference for us was Louisiana Tech.

Our athletic/academic branding baffles me for many reasons. Our branding problems are much, much bigger than the stupid capital A. Our branding failure transcends all aspects of the University. The root of the problem is that our admin neither knows nor agrees with who we are and who we want to be. Until our leaders figure that out, they will continue to send out inconsistent and contradicting messages that weaken our brand. It's painfully obvious that branding is not viewed as a priority at Tech, and it starts at the top. To me it appears Dooley has been our only administrator who truly understood branding, and it's no coincidence that he was not "inbred" like most of our other administrators.

I won't accept our incoherent branding efforts either. As alumni we should never accept failure, mediocrity, ignorance, or stupidity from our admin. I will continue to harp on this because I think it's important, and it gets people to think and talk. A problem can't be fixed until it's identified.
    I agree with you, '06.

When a coach does a half-assed job, we get a new coach. When an AD does a half-assed job, we get a new AD.

When the front office does a half-assed job with branding, we call it tradition and tell people to accept it.

2003 BB&B Basketball Pick 'Em Champion inudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond repute inudesu's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by StrayDawg View Post
    I agree with you, '06.

When a coach does a half-assed job, we get a new coach. When an AD does a half-assed job, we get a new AD.

When the front office does a half-assed job with branding, we call it tradition and tell people to accept it.
    If it was up to '06 and MD, our SID would be filming one of these with IK or Jellybean:
    http://www.sbnation.com/lookit/2013/...sid-tackle-hit

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

O-Neg was clever

"We are BG", not so much.

BG has two helmet variations.

Champ DONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by inudesu View Post
    If it was up to '06 and MD, our SID would be filming one of these with IK or Jellybean:
    http://www.sbnation.com/lookit/2013/...sid-tackle-hit
    That SID has a whole new appreciation for what a football player goes through taking a vicious hit. It doesn't look that bad from the sideline.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DONW View Post
    That SID has a whole new appreciation for what a football player goes through taking a vicious hit. It doesn't look that bad from the sideline.
    Watch his head pop back Don. This guy STILL has a crick in his neck.

2003 BB&B Basketball Pick 'Em Champion inudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond repute inudesu's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by maddawg View Post
    Watch his head pop back Don. This guy STILL has a crick in his neck.
    He said he thought his arm was broken, too.

I would have broken in half.

+ Reply to Thread