+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: bleacherreport Ranking of college football fanbases

Champ BRDawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBRDawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBRDawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBRDawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBRDawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBRDawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBRDawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBRDawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBRDawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBRDawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBRDawg81 is a splendid one to behold

Re: bleacherreport Ranking of college football fanbases

Quote Originally Posted by Houston Techsan View Post
    Getting a name opponent in the Joe will not necessarity guarantee 30,000. What did Mississippi State draw, and they were not that far away. The Aggies, maybe. LSU would but it would take an act of the legislature to make that happen and we know the legislature kow tows to LSU. Arkansa would probably fill the stadium. Ole Miss probably wouldn't. Throw out some "names" that might be willing to come.
    Hurricane Gustav threw a kink in Miss State. I don't know if it would fill the stadium but I would love to see a game with Cal in the Joe in the next year or two.

Champ Houston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Woof! View Post
    I like this statement (emphasis mine). Everyone's money is green and this helps the cause and leads to bigger and better things. Fans that don't have a clue what conference Tech is in or bought their T-shirt at Walmart are always better than empty seats. The game day experience and football facilities are great, and people need to be made aware of this.
    I agree whole heartedly. We all make fun of LSU fans who "went" to Wal Mart but we need those fans, too.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

What we really need is for Louisiana State U to have some bad seasons......some really bad seasons. Remember the Curly Hallman years? The attendance In Tiger Stadium dropped from 80K+ to 47K almost overnight.

LA Tech can create the best marketing campaign in the world. But as long as the perceived "state flagship" school keeps playing for NC's every 4 or 5 years, it's going to be next to impossible to draw the average "WalMart" fan away.

I know some people will say that what happens in Tiger Stadium is immaterial to LA Tech's fortunes. But that's a foolish notion when you consider the fact that we're fighting for many of the same "average Joe" fans in north Louisiana. It really matters.

Champ KSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond repute

LSU is ranked in Preseason polls around 19th. They lose 4 games and it will be treated like USM's season last year!

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KSDAWG View Post
    LSU is ranked in Preseason polls around 19th. The lose 4 games and it will be treated like USM's season last year!
    I hope they lose 7 or 8 games instead of 4.

Champ KSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond repute

I'm rooting for a collapse for sure. A surprise 9 win season from us and an Actial bowl game would motivate a good bit of people. The whole bowl fiasco last year severly hurt our image at home and its go an take a good season and bowl game this year to make up for that.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    What we really need is for Louisiana State U to have some bad seasons......some really bad seasons. Remember the Curly Hallman years? The attendance In Tiger Stadium dropped from 80K+ to 47K almost overnight.

LA Tech can create the best marketing campaign in the world. But as long as the perceived "state flagship" school keeps playing for NC's every 4 or 5 years, it's going to be next to impossible to draw the average "WalMart" fan away.

I know some people will say that what happens in Tiger Stadium is immaterial to LA Tech's fortunes. But that's a foolish notion when you consider the fact that we're fighting for many of the same "average Joe" fans in north Louisiana. It really matters.
    I VERY much think it is tied to our drawing casual fans. Casual fans like to think they are nationally relevant. Following lsu gives them that. We have to have outstanding years when lsu has bad ones, though. We can capitalize on that.

Champ Ktulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond repute

I agree that we don't have a huge fanbase, but a VERY loyal core one. We travel pretty freaking good for the size of our typical home attendance. I hope I can make it to more games this year, dang it! I'm a frickin' nutcase for my Dawgs!!! There's also a tie for my #2 team between everyone who's playing against the other Louisiana teams, every Saturday!!! HOW BOUT THEM DAWGS!!!!!!!

I'm THAT GUY at work, church and family reunions. I you don't know I pull for dem dawgs, you don't know me.

Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar

It's BleacherReport. It's best to ignore everything from that site. Any idiot can publish anything on there. All that blogger did was rank the schools strictly based on last year's official attendance numbers.

Champ WWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond repute WWDog's Avatar

Isn't there somewhere around 70,000 alums just 60 miles away? If we can't get an alum worked up then how do you expect the casual fan to get motivated toward TECH?
    WWDog
    La Tech
    Region and hyphen free since 1894!
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WWDog View Post
    Isn't there somewhere around 70,000 alums just 60 miles away? If we can't get an alum worked up then how do you expect the casual fan to get motivated toward TECH?
    No. We have approximately 70,000 total living alumni in the world. I don't know how many are within an hour's drive of Ruston.

Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dawg06 View Post
    It's BleacherReport. It's best to ignore everything from that site. Any idiot can publish anything on there. All that blogger did was rank the schools strictly based on last year's official attendance numbers.
    ...and his opinion on what they would do. Didn't ULM include the Arkansas game in their home attendance?

Administrator qng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond repute qng001's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtydawg View Post
    ...and his opinion on what they would do. Didn't ULM include the Arkansas game in their home attendance?
    24981 with Arkansas game
    19359 without Arkansas game

Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dawg06 View Post
    Yeah. I just looked at their "hottest" fan bases of 2012. It's obvious they're clueless or at least that contributer. The dude had to google SMU to find out it was in Texas.

+ Reply to Thread