+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: bleacherreport Ranking of college football fanbases

Champ 70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute 70TECHGRAD's Avatar

Re: bleacherreport Ranking of college football fanbases

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckK3 View Post
    Back in the days of ancient Rome, THOUSANDS would flock to the Colosseum to watch the "less fortunate" get ripped to shreds by Rhinos, Lions, and Bulldawgs. Things haven't changed much in 2000 years.
    LMAO!!!!

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by FriscoDog View Post
    THIS... I attended in the early - mid 80's and saw this every year I was at Tech. Tech would bring 4-5K to Monroe at a minimum, and ULM would only bring 250 max to Ruston on the return games.
    Fixed it for you

2005 & 2006 Pick 'Em Champion oledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant future oledawg66's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by maddawg View Post
    I went to almost all the later games vs. NSU. From the mid 70s to the end the attendance was in a steady decline. The events surrounding the game also went south. I don't remember any of those games being highly attended.

Retraction. Good catch maddawg. What an embarrassing claim to make on a website. Who proof reads that stuff. When in doubt, check out the microfiche at the main library. Turns out there were only 15,232 at the 1987 game. The largest crowd when Tech was listed as the home team in the series was 36,000 in 1980. Might be a game or two with NSU as home team with larger crowds but I didn't check that. Ok St attendance in 2002 was 30,600. A&M in 1999 was 40,328. Miami in 2003 was 43,279.

Bulldog supermel311 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesupermel311 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesupermel311 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesupermel311 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesupermel311 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesupermel311 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesupermel311 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesupermel311 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesupermel311 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesupermel311 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesupermel311 Ultimate jerk and not worth your time supermel311's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WWDog View Post
    Oh! My! Gosh! I had completely forgotten about that school over there! Do they still play football?
    check out Athlon's preseason rankings. LaMon is ranked 10 spots ahead of Tech.
    http://www.athlonsports.com/college-...rankings-61-80
    ULM The only team in North Louisiana with a Division 1 National Football Championship.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by maddawg View Post
    I went to almost all the later games vs. NSU. From the mid 70s to the end the attendance was in a steady decline. The events surrounding the game also went south. I don't remember any of those games being highly attended.
    LaTech's state fair games against NSU in the late 70's routinely averaged around 33K.

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by supermel311 View Post
    Yes, you won that PRE-SEASON poll.

Knock yourself out.
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    LaTech's state fair games against NSU in the late 70's routinely averaged around 33K.
    And, wasn't that before a major expansion at State Fair Stadium.
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Champ olddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgpix View Post
    And, wasn't that before a major expansion at State Fair Stadium.
    I don't think the Independence Bowl held 33,000 in the 1971-74 period. The stadium was full, whatever it held.

Champ Houston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by olddog75 View Post
    I don't think the Independence Bowl held 33,000 in the 1971-74 period. The stadium was full, whatever it held.
    I believe that 33,000 was its official capacity before the expansion.

Champ 70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute 70TECHGRAD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by supermel311 View Post
    Wait until game 8 of this coming season and see where you rank then!! And there is no such school as LaMon. Then again, LaMon might not be a university. It could be a grammar school with that name.

Champ OLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond repute

Closest I could get was La Monde Imaginaire, which would be "money laundering" or "mixed marriage." That sucks mud.

Quote Originally Posted by OLDBLUE View Post
    Closest I could get was La Monde Imaginaire, which would be "money laundering" or "mixed marriage." That sucks mud.
    Somebody just told me it is a nursery school!!!

+ Reply to Thread