+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: SCOTUS Thread

Champ Woof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to behold

Re: SCOTUS Thread

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    Don't need a reason to shop at Hobby Lobby, have always liked that store. My wife loves it! But, now, we will buy a little extra when there.....just because.
    ...and since most of the merchandise in their stores is made in China, a country that performed 330 million abortions in the last few decades, you will be supporting communism, abortions, and Chinese labor.

Champ T1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Woof! View Post
    ...and since most of the merchandise in their stores is made in China, a country that performed 330 million abortions in the last few decades, you will be supporting communism, abortions, and Chinese labor.
    So it isn't so! We are all Democrats now! Even when Obama loses, he wins.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

I've turned over a new leaf. I don't care about no one or nothing. Kill all the babies! I don't give a crap.

Champ Woof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to behold

http://www.forbes.com/sites/rickunga...ous-objection/

Sums up what I've always thought about Hobby Lobby.

Champ JuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond repute JuBru's Avatar

Grasping at straws.

Champ maverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by JuBru View Post
    Grasping at straws.
    Do you agree or disagree with these statements from the Rick Ungar/Forbes article?

"...these people are seeking to avoid their obligation under the law to provide their employees with a contraceptive benefit at the same time they are allowing their 401(k) to invest in—and profit from—these very products..."

"You simply can’t say that you will give your all in defense of your closely held beliefs when it suits you while seeking to make money in violation of those beliefs."

Dawg Adamant Argument Czar Guisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond repute Guisslapp's Avatar

This is just another example of the problems caused when the government creates positive rights.

Champ JuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond repute JuBru's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by maverick View Post
    Do you agree or disagree with these statements from the Rick Ungar/Forbes article?

"...these people are seeking to avoid their obligation under the law to provide their employees with a contraceptive benefit at the same time they are allowing their 401(k) to invest in—and profit from—these very products..."

"You simply can’t say that you will give your all in defense of your closely held beliefs when it suits you while seeking to make money in violation of those beliefs."
    At this time no, because it is all speculation by both authors.

But I'm not entirely sure I would see this as hypocrisy or a contradiction anyway. Need more information.

Champ T1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Guisslapp View Post
    This is just another example of the problems caused when the government creates positive rights.
    Yup. And why does the Supreme Court hate women?

Quote Originally Posted by T1 View Post
    Yup. And why does the Supreme Court hate women?
    All the women on the Supreme Court ruled against Hobby Lobby; all the Republican appointed male justices voted in favor of Hobby Lobby. The GOP keeps saying that the party does not have a war on women. Prove it!

All the women on the Supreme Court ruled against Hobby Lobby; all the Republican appointed male justices voted in favor of Hobby Lobby. The GOP keeps saying that the party does not have a war on women. Prove it!
    There is no war on women. If it made sense, they would vote to pass a law that demanded women be paid more than men. They would vote to give all women free contraceptives and bras. The justices just upheld a law. Believe it or not, the Democrats are lying to get votes.

Big Dog Lone Star Dawg is a glorious beacon of lightLone Star Dawg is a glorious beacon of lightLone Star Dawg is a glorious beacon of lightLone Star Dawg is a glorious beacon of lightLone Star Dawg is a glorious beacon of lightLone Star Dawg is a glorious beacon of lightLone Star Dawg is a glorious beacon of lightLone Star Dawg is a glorious beacon of lightLone Star Dawg is a glorious beacon of lightLone Star Dawg is a glorious beacon of lightLone Star Dawg is a glorious beacon of light Lone Star Dawg's Avatar

All of the female justices that voted against Hobby Lobby were appointed by Democrats so your reasoning/demogoguery doesn't hold up.

Let me show you. The female Supreme Court Justices are all feminists that hate men and believe that women having babies subjugates them to a life of domestic slavery to children. If I'm wrong, prove it.

Champ maverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond repute

There is no war on women. If it made sense, they would vote to pass a law that demanded women be paid more than men. They would vote to give all women free contraceptives and bras. The justices just upheld a law. Believe it or not, the Democrats are lying to get votes.
    The women I know, regardless of party, don't expect higher pay than men--just fairness. Same goes for free contraceptives and bras, although any contraceptives I ever got through insurance, whether I paid for the coverage or my employer did, weren't "free." They were a benefit I received for working. I'm not sure where all these women are that are cited so frequently on this board.

What law did the justices uphold?

Quote Originally Posted by maverick View Post
    The women I know, regardless of party, don't expect higher pay than men--just fairness. Same goes for free contraceptives and bras, although any contraceptives I ever got through insurance, whether I paid for the coverage or my employer did, weren't "free." They were a benefit I received for working. I'm not sure where all these women are that are cited so frequently on this board.

What law did the justices uphold?
    Women make 97% of what a man makes in the same position. That's basically equal pay. There are other reasons why the whole population of women don't make as much as the whole population of men. The main reason is that women work more part-time jobs than men.

The SC upheld a Bill Clinton law that was passed in 1993: The Religious Freedom Restoration Act.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Religio...estoration_Act

Women make 97% of what a man makes in the same position. That's basically equal pay. There are other reasons why the whole population of women don't make as much as the whole population of men. The main reason is that women work more part-time jobs than men.

The SC upheld a Bill Clinton law that was passed in 1993: The Religious Freedom Restoration Act.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Religio...estoration_Act
    I'm aware that the 77% figure that's always touted is not a fair comparison--it's across the board and doesn't take many relevant factors into account. From where did you get the 97% figure? I'd be interested to see the data.

Regarding the RFRA, I'd say they expanded the law rather than upheld it, but that's splitting hairs I suppose. Of course, they struck down parts of another law--so maybe it's a wash.

+ Reply to Thread