+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Basketball court ideas

Administrator qng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond repute qng001's Avatar

Re: Basketball court ideas

Quote Originally Posted by Dawg06 View Post
    Now that we have to repaint our court with the C-USA logo, we can get rid of that emblem in the center of the court.

What are your ideas for a new court design?
    Keep it simple.

• Remove the "Lady Techsters" and "Bulldogs" wordmarks
    • Remove the awful midcourt logo and paint a big ass state-T
    • Paint the "Louisiana Tech" wordmarks on the baselines.
    • Paint the lanes solid blue with the C-USA logo

• Also order more court side seats
    • Place banner over the tunnel entrance

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

Sand the floor down to get the "yellow" out of the layers of sealer.
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Administrator qng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond repute qng001's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgpix View Post
    Sand the floor down to get the "yellow" out of the layers of sealer.
    It's very yellow now.

From: http://www.latechbbb.com/forum/showt...at-The-TAC-WOW!
    Pic of when we installed the floor.

vs

Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar

I like that color.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtydawg View Post
    I like that color.
    I do too........ It is a clean look. Just get rid of the big circle in the middle and some other minor changes and I think it will look awesome!

Champ ITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond repute ITdrummer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by qng001 View Post
    It's very yellow now.

From: http://www.latechbbb.com/forum/showt...at-The-TAC-WOW!
    Pic of when we installed the floor.

vs

You dont think it has anything to do with the lask of lighting in the first pic? I would imagine that if you put enough light on a surface, it would always change color a little bit.

Champ Woof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to behold

I like the gradient free throw lanes.

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ITdrummer View Post
    You dont think it has anything to do with the lask of lighting in the first pic? I would imagine that if you put enough light on a surface, it would always change color a little bit.
    Uh, no I don't think.

If the lights were brighter it would bring out the yellow more. Not as yellow as old Memorial Gym . . . but TAC has been losing its lustre each year.

PS: Who do you think took both pix?

Quote Originally Posted by ITdrummer View Post
    I went to the SJSU game in Ruston and walked around the court before the team warmed up. It's definitely very yellow. The white lines are no longer bright white.

Here's a pic from Tech's flickr account. The floor is almost as yellow as the USM player's shoes.

I went to the SJSU game in Ruston and walked around the court before the team warmed up. It's definitely very yellow. The white lines are no longer bright white.

Here's a pic from Tech's flickr account. The floor is almost as yellow as the USM player's shoes.

You'd think I knew a thing or two. . . . .

2006 & 2011 BB&B Men's Bracket Champion (investigation underway) boxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond repute

That's my youngest hanging off the rail in the background..

Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Woof! View Post
    I like the gradient free throw lanes.
    I do, too.

Keep it simple.

• Remove the "Lady Techsters" and "Bulldogs" wordmarks
    • Remove the awful midcourt logo and paint a big ass state-T
    • Paint the "Louisiana Tech" wordmarks on the baselines.
    • Paint the lanes solid blue with the C-USA logo

• Also order more court side seats
    • Place banner over the tunnel entrance
    I agree with KISS. (my changes in bold)

• Remove the "Lady Techsters" and "Bulldogs" wordmarks and replace them with a small bulldog logo and the Lady Techsters script with Lady above Techsters
    • Remove the awful midcourt logo and paint a medium sized state-T
    • Paint "LA TECH" wordmarks on the baselines.
    • Keep the blue gradient lanes and add the C-USA logo (and don't outline it in black like they did the WAC logo)
    • Place banner over the tunnel entrance (<THIS! The curtains are bush league like our make-shift tunnel at Aillet Stadium.)
    • Keep Karl Malone's signature as is.
    • Do not add LATechSports.com, @LATechSports, or #WeAreLATech. (The capital A is ruining our brand, and we chant "We are... Bulldogs!)

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Dawg06 View Post
    I do, too.

I agree with KISS. (my changes in bold)
    • Remove the "Lady Techsters" and "Bulldogs" wordmarks and replace them with a small bulldog logo and the Lady Techsters script with Lady above Techsters
    • Remove the awful midcourt logo and paint a medium sized state-T
    • Paint "LA TECH" wordmarks on the baselines.
    • Keep the blue gradient lanes and add the C-USA logo (and don't outline it in black like they did the WAC logo)
    • Place banner over the tunnel entrance (<THIS! The curtains are bush league like our make-shift tunnel at Aillet Stadium.)
    • Keep Karl Malone's signature as is.
    • Do not add LATechSports.com, @LATechSports, or #WeAreLATech. (The capital A is ruining our brand, and we chant "We are... Bulldogs!)
    I am in total agreement..........

Champ RealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond repute

Curtains are still needed at the tunnel entrances even if a banner covers the tops of the tunnels. There has to be a way to block the view of the court at certain times such as when opposing teams are practicing. I'm surprised that Tech hasn't been required to install curtains for the concourse entrances in the seating area.

The center portion of the current midcourt logo would look fine without the unneeded red outer band.

MUST use the plain state-T logo as currently exists at midcourt.

What would look better than having either a Bulldog or Lady Techsters logo on the court would be to have LOUISIANA TECH in block lettering in the endline border band on both ends of the court with the one of the two logos in the corners on either side of the block lettering.

Super Moderator Tech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond repute Tech77's Avatar

"We need to get to the new AD ASAP about the LA Tech screw-up." Read that sentence and see how you would pronounce LA.
    Good old Memorial Gym

+ Reply to Thread