+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Alternate Uniforms Manifesto

Varsity Bulldog brody191 is on top of his/her gamebrody191 is on top of his/her gamebrody191 is on top of his/her gamebrody191 is on top of his/her gamebrody191 is on top of his/her gamebrody191 is on top of his/her gamebrody191 is on top of his/her gamebrody191 is on top of his/her gamebrody191 is on top of his/her gamebrody191 is on top of his/her gamebrody191 is on top of his/her game

Re: Alternate Uniforms Manifesto

Take a look at the top 25 at the end of the year and see how many had alternate uniforms. I'm neither for or against it for tech but just wanted to point it out.

1. Alabama
    2. Oregon - alt
    3. Ohio State
    4. Norte Dame - alt
    5. Georgia - alt
    6. ATM - alt
    7. Stanford - alt
    8. South Carolina - alt
    9. Florida - alt
    10. Florida State
    11. Clemson
    12. Kansas State
    13. Louisville - alt
    14. LSU
    15. OU
    16. Utah State
    17. Northwestern - alt
    18. Boise State - alt
    19. Texas
    20. Oregon State - alt
    21. San Jose State
    22. Northern Illinois - alt
    23. Vanderbilt
    24. Michigan - alt
    25. Nebraska - alt

Champ mikedog has a reputation beyond reputemikedog has a reputation beyond reputemikedog has a reputation beyond reputemikedog has a reputation beyond reputemikedog has a reputation beyond reputemikedog has a reputation beyond reputemikedog has a reputation beyond reputemikedog has a reputation beyond reputemikedog has a reputation beyond reputemikedog has a reputation beyond reputemikedog has a reputation beyond repute mikedog's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by brody191 View Post
    Take a look at the top 25 at the end of the year and see how many had alternate uniforms. I'm neither for or against it for tech but just wanted to point it out.

1. Alabama
    2. Oregon - alt
    3. Ohio State
    4. Norte Dame - alt
    5. Georgia - alt
    6. ATM - alt
    7. Stanford - alt
    8. South Carolina - alt
    9. Florida - alt
    10. Florida State
    11. Clemson
    12. Kansas State
    13. Louisville - alt
    14. LSU
    15. OU
    16. Utah State
    17. Northwestern - alt
    18. Boise State - alt
    19. Texas
    20. Oregon State - alt
    21. San Jose State
    23. Vanderbilt
    24. Michigan - alt
    25. Nebraska - alt
    I'm not sure what point you're trying to make, but there is absolutely zero correlation between alternate uniforms and wins. The rich schools simply have nothing better to do with the millions of dollars of TV money that magically shows up in their mailbox each year.

Recruits like "stuff," but we're talking about things like massive stadiums, indoor practice facilities, state-of-the-art weight rooms, etc. Alternative uniforms are way down the list, if they are even on the list.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KSDAWG View Post
    Sometimes is amazes me how arrogant a dumbass you are!!
    Several of us who post here are assuming. Some may even earn the DA title, but '06 wouldn't be one of those. Why do you disagree with him other than him being an arrogant dumbass?:icon_wink:

Champ Cal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond repute Cal&Ken's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BoutThemDawgs View Post
    I've been out of touch with the internet for a while so if anything happened I wouldn't know.
    Check out the women's program and their will be no doubt which one I was referring to.

Champ markay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant future markay714's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cal&Ken View Post
    Check out the women's program and their will be no doubt which one I was referring to.
    Is it the mounting losses or signing thugs and known criminals to represent our school. I'm fairly equally embarrassed by the losses AND the signings coming with mug shots attached.

Champ KSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by maddawg View Post
    Several of us who post here are assuming. Some may even earn the DA title, but '06 wouldn't be one of those. Why do you disagree with him other than him being an arrogant dumbass?:icon_wink:
    I didn't need a talk about our financial situation over a silly thing like helmets. I shouldn't have said what I said out loud. He just gets on my nerves something fierce. I'm just gonna leave this board until football starts, I can only handle him in small doses and he has taken over this board.

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mjl006 View Post
    To all of the people who are against alternate uniforms, this is a great read. Because in the end, it doesn't really matter what you think.
    I know, I know. It's all about what you think, mjl006.

The Lady Techsters went with black unis. Does that count as us using an alternate?
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Champ maverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by mikedog View Post
    I'm not sure what point you're trying to make, but there is absolutely zero correlation between alternate uniforms and wins. The rich schools simply have nothing better to do with the millions of dollars of TV money that magically shows up in their mailbox each year.

Recruits like "stuff," but we're talking about things like massive stadiums, indoor practice facilities, state-of-the-art weight rooms, etc. Alternative uniforms are way down the list, if they are even on the list.
    Actually, there is a correlation, but that doesn't imply causation. I imagine a similar correlation exists for schools with lots of money.

Big Dog mjl006 has much to be proud ofmjl006 has much to be proud ofmjl006 has much to be proud ofmjl006 has much to be proud ofmjl006 has much to be proud ofmjl006 has much to be proud ofmjl006 has much to be proud ofmjl006 has much to be proud ofmjl006 has much to be proud ofmjl006 has much to be proud ofmjl006 has much to be proud of

Quote Originally Posted by brody191 View Post

1. Alabama
    2. Oregon - alt
    3. Ohio State
    4. Norte Dame - alt
    5. Georgia - alt
    6. ATM - alt
    7. Stanford - alt
    8. South Carolina - alt
    9. Florida - alt
    10. Florida State
    11. Clemson
    12. Kansas State
    13. Louisville - alt
    14. LSU
    15. OU
    16. Utah State
    17. Northwestern - alt
    18. Boise State - alt
    19. Texas
    20. Oregon State - alt
    21. San Jose State
    23. Vanderbilt
    24. Michigan - alt
    25. Nebraska - alt
    To clarify.

1. Alabama - Pro Combat
    2. Oregon - alt
    3. Ohio State - Pro Combat
    4. Norte Dame - alt
    5. Georgia - alt
    6. ATM - alt
    7. Stanford - alt
    8. South Carolina - alt
    9. Florida - alt
    10. Florida State - About 5 different unis
    11. Clemson - multi combinations
    12. Kansas State
    13. Louisville - alt
    14. LSU - Pro combat plus custom numbering system developed by Nike to honor their 58 NT. The angles on the numbers are now 58 degrees
    15. OU
    16. Utah State - Numerous uniform combinations
    17. Northwestern - alt
    18. Boise State - alt
    19. Texas - Even has alternate practice unis
    20. Oregon State - alt
    21. San Jose State - numerous combinations
    23. Vanderbilt - numerous combos
    24. Michigan - alt
    25. Nebraska - alt

Big Dog mjl006 has much to be proud ofmjl006 has much to be proud ofmjl006 has much to be proud ofmjl006 has much to be proud ofmjl006 has much to be proud ofmjl006 has much to be proud ofmjl006 has much to be proud ofmjl006 has much to be proud ofmjl006 has much to be proud ofmjl006 has much to be proud ofmjl006 has much to be proud of

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    Dumb statement. What the donors think ALWAYS matters. Maybe you'll learn that when you finally grow up.
    Maybe one day.

Varsity Bulldog Docman5 is a name known to allDocman5 is a name known to allDocman5 is a name known to allDocman5 is a name known to allDocman5 is a name known to allDocman5 is a name known to allDocman5 is a name known to allDocman5 is a name known to allDocman5 is a name known to allDocman5 is a name known to allDocman5 is a name known to all

Maybe you guys should visualize world peace. Get off each other's back and remember we all have opinions and other stuff. Save the back biting for comments on Northeast and LSWho.

Champ deadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to behold deadawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dawg06 View Post
    Are you gonna pay for it?

Tech would gladly accept a large donation to pay for alternate helmets or uniforms. From what I understand, some donors were asked if they were interested in donating for white helmets, but the donors weren't interested in giving a significant amount of their money ($40,000) for that one game per season luxury.

I'm sure Tech would gladly accept free alternate uniforms from Nike, but it doesn't look like Phil Knight cares about sending LaTech football free "swag."

When you have the 7th smallest football budget in the FBS, it simply comes down to priorities.
    This is the only thing that needs to be said about this topic. I personally would like to see some type of alternative uniform, but it is way down the priority list.

Champ Houston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond repute

Hey, as long as they aren't naked.

Champ Brian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond repute Brian96's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dawg06 View Post
    Or to buyout a loser baseball coach.
    Or build a freaking south endzone facility.

Champ 70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute 70TECHGRAD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KSDAWG View Post
    I didn't need a talk about our financial situation over a silly thing like helmets. I shouldn't have said what I said out loud. He just gets on my nerves something fierce. I'm just gonna leave this board until football starts, I can only handle him in small doses and he has taken over this board.
    Yep, he can get on people's nerves and doesn't understand when someone else has an opinion different from his?? No need to leave just because of a difference of opinion. Opinions are like A_ _ LES ... everyone has one. I, for one, enjoy reading about your thoughts, KSDAWG.

+ Reply to Thread