+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 19 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Phil Robertson: From Louisiana Tech to Duck Commander

Champ DONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond repute

Re: Phil Robertson: From Louisiana Tech to Duck Commander

Quote Originally Posted by DONW View Post
    No it's not. Karl has helped a lot of people that don't have any ties to Tech. My son went to 2 of his basketball camps when he was around 10-12 years old. If a kid showed up at the camp without proper shoes Karl gave him a pair of shoes. I paid for my son to go to these camps, but, if kids couldn't pay for them they got in free. I've never seen a side of Karl that showed he was a jerk and he always welcomes everybody to his tailgate and he talks to anybody that wants to talk. He's been a great ambassador for Tech. I've never heard any of those whispers about what a mean person he is.
    I did leave out one person that may have considered him a jerk. He told a guy sitting in one of his chairs at his tailgate with an LSU hat on, to either leave or find a Tech hat.
    Last edited by DONW; 06-19-2013 at 12:47 PM.

Champ hambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond repute

I was red dotted for asking a legitimate question. The topic was Phil's lack of support of Tech. Some are giving him a pass bc he is a Christian. I don't see why that exempts him from our expectation that he give back to our school.

Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar

Since TylerTechsas hasn't joined in yet, let me presume to speak for him. I think it's time this thread be moved "To The Pit."

Varsity Bulldog ceb420 is a splendid one to beholdceb420 is a splendid one to beholdceb420 is a splendid one to beholdceb420 is a splendid one to beholdceb420 is a splendid one to beholdceb420 is a splendid one to beholdceb420 is a splendid one to beholdceb420 is a splendid one to beholdceb420 is a splendid one to beholdceb420 is a splendid one to beholdceb420 is a splendid one to behold

No it's not. Karl has helped a lot of people that don't have any ties to Tech. My son went to 2 of his basketball camps when he was around 10-12 years old. If a kid showed up at the camp without proper shoes Karl gave him a pair of shoes. I paid for my son to go to these camps, but, if kids couldn't pay for them they got in free. I've never seen a side of Karl that showed he was a jerk and he always welcomes everybody to his tailgate and he talks to anybody that wants to talk. He's been a great ambassador for Tech. I've never heard any of those whispers about what a mean person he is.
    I second this. One time after a game, he decided to buy supper for our entire high school basketball team for no real reason. He had no ties to our school or anyone on the team. He's always seemed to be a friendly and respectful guy to me.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Great points. You also made a great point about Karl helping the needy in Mississippi immediately after Hurricane Katrina. I remember that. In fact, I've never heard ANYTHING bad about Karl Malone, save for a few snarly comments from people on this board that probably don't even know him. And most of those folks don't know what they are talking about anyway.

Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar

Whoa now. Before we start attacking each other even further, I will say I know of the reasons why those on here harbor disdain for Karl while not knowing the full details, and understand their reasoning. In fact, it's why I'm not as high on him as I once was. However, from the little bit I know, I can understand to a degree Karl's motivations for his actions.

Champ WWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond repute WWDog's Avatar

How bout we wait till after TB asks him to join LTAC before we rake him over the coals. As to KM, I believe the man is very straightforward to the point of being blunt. A way many of us would like to be and KM has the accomplishments and the $$$ to be. I also think KM has a heart and will give those who don't have the means a chance to get somewhere. Now if you squander that chance, KM will give it to you full force. I can't fault him for any of those principles.
    WWDog
    La Tech
    Region and hyphen free since 1894!
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Quote Originally Posted by WWDog View Post
    How bout we wait till after TB asks him to join LTAC before we rake him over the coals. As to KM, I believe the man is very straightforward to the point of being blunt. A way many of us would like to be and KM has the accomplishments and the $$$ to be. I also think KM has a heart and will give those who don't have the means a chance to get somewhere. Now if you squander that chance, KM will give it to you full force. I can't fault him for any of those principles.
    Fabulous idea.

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Chris29 View Post
    I was red dotted for asking a legitimate question. The topic was Phil's lack of support of Tech. Some are giving him a pass bc he is a Christian. I don't see why that exempts him from our expectation that he give back to our school.
    Let's at least ask him before we vilify him. We helped get him to where he is, hopefully he'll recognize that.

Also, remember where KM's son plays football? Yea.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Dawg View Post
    Let's at least ask him before we vilify him. We helped get him to where he is, hopefully he'll recognize that.

Also, remember where KM's son plays football? Yea.
    I don't remember us heavily recruiting KM's son. Either way, it's his son's choice. If you want to hold that against KM, then you have to throw in where Willie Robertson went to college.

GATA Goddess and Ultimate Fan Winner 2011 Dawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond repute Dawgmatic's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Dawg View Post
    Yay! Dawgmatic's back
    Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    But.......you were missed.
    I missed y'all too!

Champ rabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond repute

Fwiw Phil has "set foot" on campus. While a student (85-90) I personaly attended a gathering
    on campus for duck hunters. The guest speaker was Phil Robertson. So enough of the "never set foot" garbage.

Champ rabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond repute

So phil owes tech for his success? Did tech not get his services on the field in exchange for his education? I'd call it a draw unless tech had a duck call building course.

Quote Originally Posted by rabiddawg View Post
    So phil owes tech for his success? Did tech not get his services on the field in exchange for his education? I'd call it a draw unless tech had a duck call building course.
    Oh, please. I'd say based on his performance, he should pay the University back.

You know im right.

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtydawg View Post
    Oh, please. I'd say based on his performance, he should pay the University back.

+ Reply to Thread