+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Phil Robertson: From Louisiana Tech to Duck Commander

Champ olddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond repute

Re: Phil Robertson: From Louisiana Tech to Duck Commander

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgpix View Post
    Only reality show folks I've seen at Tech are the Sons of Guns last year, and Billy the Exterminator the year before.
    One of the DD guys was at a game last year. I think PA said that his daughter or niece was a student at Tech.

Bulldog 809miss is on top of his/her game809miss is on top of his/her game809miss is on top of his/her game809miss is on top of his/her game809miss is on top of his/her game809miss is on top of his/her game809miss is on top of his/her game809miss is on top of his/her game809miss is on top of his/her game809miss is on top of his/her game809miss is on top of his/her game

Correct, Godwin was at one of the games last year.

Champ Houston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Amos Moses View Post
    He was a so-so quarterback at best. His teams went 4-4, 1-9 and 3-7. Robert Brunet was about the only good player on those teams. (we never called him "Bob" back then.). Phil did not leave much of a legacy.
    Where did the 4-4 come from? When I was a freshman in the fall of '65 he was on the team but Billy Laird was the QB. In the fall of '66 we went 1-9 and in '67 (Lambright's first year) 3-7 but didn't win a conference game. Even lost to SE La. and the JUCO although we beat two highly rated teams in Lamar and Arkansas State. Phil showed a little spark in the Lamar game which I think was a breakout game for Ken Liberto.

Champ DONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond repute

Robertson was on the team from 64-67. Billy Laird was the QB in 64 and 65. Robertson was the QB in 66 and and shared starting duties with Bradshaw in 67. If he didn't redshirt in 64 or 65, he played out his eligibility. I don't think you could RS as a freshman back then because a lot of teams had freshmen teams that played games, so he would have had to RS in 65 if he had a year of eligibility left. There wouldn't have been much chance of him playing in 68 when Bradshaw became the starter.

Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by maddawg View Post
    Seems you ARE holding him to different standards. He doesn't care about the things many of us care about. Do you disassociate with ANY Tech grad who doesn't support Tech Athletics? That would be a pretty long list.
    Yes I do.

Champ Houston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond repute

Way back then freshmen were not eligible on what is now Div I. Since we were "small college" they could play. He certainly played some in '65 as he threw a couple of TD passes in mop up operation according to my year '66 yearbook. He could have red shirted at a "small college" , but I'm not sure he would have had four years eligibility.

Big Dog TechFanno1 is a jewel in the roughTechFanno1 is a jewel in the roughTechFanno1 is a jewel in the roughTechFanno1 is a jewel in the roughTechFanno1 is a jewel in the roughTechFanno1 is a jewel in the roughTechFanno1 is a jewel in the roughTechFanno1 is a jewel in the roughTechFanno1 is a jewel in the roughTechFanno1 is a jewel in the roughTechFanno1 is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgpix View Post
    Only reality show folks I've seen at Tech are the Sons of Guns last year, and Billy the Exterminator the year before.
    Thought so, thanks.Since Phil finished with a Masters in Education at Tech, it hurts that he has been less visible as far as Tech is concerned. I get it, that he can do with his money as he wants, but hey....

Big Dog TechFanno1 is a jewel in the roughTechFanno1 is a jewel in the roughTechFanno1 is a jewel in the roughTechFanno1 is a jewel in the roughTechFanno1 is a jewel in the roughTechFanno1 is a jewel in the roughTechFanno1 is a jewel in the roughTechFanno1 is a jewel in the roughTechFanno1 is a jewel in the roughTechFanno1 is a jewel in the roughTechFanno1 is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtydawg View Post
    Yes I do.
    I am with you"Dirty"-I have a bad taste in my mouth for fellow non-supportive Tech Grads-especially those, that go along to get along with the "in crowd" LSU crowd. We played Louisville in the early Independence Bowl Years.I can't help, but believe some loyal Louisville Fans had a lot to do with the tremendous progress they have made.

Champ Amos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Houston Techsan View Post
    Where did the 4-4 come from? When I was a freshman in the fall of '65 he was on the team but Billy Laird was the QB. In the fall of '66 we went 1-9 and in '67 (Lambright's first year) 3-7 but didn't win a conference game. Even lost to SE La. and the JUCO although we beat two highly rated teams in Lamar and Arkansas State. Phil showed a little spark in the Lamar game which I think was a breakout game for Ken Liberto.
    that was the 1965 record. Billy Laird was the starting QB, but Robertson was a backup on the team.

Champ turbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond repute turbodawg's Avatar

Phil Robertson from duck dynasty was the starting QB ahead of Terry Bradshaw @latech??? #woah #mindblown #jack

Quote Originally Posted by turbodawg View Post
    Phil Robertson from duck dynasty was the starting QB ahead of Terry Bradshaw @latech??? #woah #mindblown #jack
    Terry, underclassman to Phil, had winning seasons at the helm and guided Tech to 2 post season games. #1 Draft Choice 1970. Phil's starting seasons awful. My freshman year 1966- Phil led Tech and won 1 game (homecoming against Southeastern Louisiana.) But Hey! Look what he did with a duck call.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TechFanno1 View Post
    Terry, underclassman to Phil, had winning seasons at the helm and guided Tech to 2 post season games. #1 Draft Choice 1970. Phil's starting seasons awful. My freshman year 1966- Phil led Tech and won 1 game (homecoming against Southeastern Louisiana.) But Hey! Look what he did with a duck call.
    So LA Tech only won 1 game in 1966.......even with Jimmy Johnson on staff. Hmm.

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    HD, I need to check my yearbooks on Jimmy Johnson-I remember conversations on this blog about his tenure. I do not remember him when I was there. My Soph. year-1967, Phil and Tech only won 2 or 3 games. Terry took over the helm the next 2 years and the rest is history. Story has it, Phil did not want to play his last year.

Champ bleudog is a splendid one to beholdbleudog is a splendid one to beholdbleudog is a splendid one to beholdbleudog is a splendid one to beholdbleudog is a splendid one to beholdbleudog is a splendid one to beholdbleudog is a splendid one to beholdbleudog is a splendid one to beholdbleudog is a splendid one to beholdbleudog is a splendid one to beholdbleudog is a splendid one to behold bleudog's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    Johnson was at Tech one year: 1965.

Quote Originally Posted by bleudog View Post
    Johnson was at Tech one year: 1965.
    Thank you bleudog-in addition, by 1966 he was coaching high school in Mississippi.

+ Reply to Thread