+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Phil Robertson: From Louisiana Tech to Duck Commander

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Re: Phil Robertson: From Louisiana Tech to Duck Commander

Quote Originally Posted by maddawg View Post
    Until the show, the only place he had been besides the duck blind was Church and that's not much of an exaggeration. I know a lot of Tech grads who never go back to Tech. Different ones have different reasons for not coming back. Every Tech grad is not passionate about Tech Athletics.
    Quote Originally Posted by TechDAG View Post
    On the plane back from Hawaii I read the "Happy, Happy, Happy" book by Phil. It was surprisingly honest and tells about his low times and how he found God and repented. I think it is worth the read. Some of you may change your opinion of him, one way or the other. I personally found respect for someone who lives by his faith and basically doesn't care about things others find all consuming.
    Thanks for pointing this out. Everything not Tech is not about lsu.

Champ hookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond repute hookdown's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DONW View Post
    Since Jase didn't go to college at all...

I thought I read somewhere on the Internet (so it has to be true!) he went to Hendrix.

Champ DONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond repute

I noticed that it said his wife was 15 when they got married. It failed to mention that he was either 15 or 16. It also said he was into heavy "drinking, sex, and rock and roll music before he found Jesus." I guess that means he went out and sewed some wild oats after he got married. Sounds like he may not have been hunting as much as he told his wife.

Champ DONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by hookdown View Post
    I thought I read somewhere on the Internet (so it has to be true!) he went to Hendrix.
    I saw where it said Willie went to Harding, but, I remember reading somewhere that he only stayed one semester. He then attended NLU.

Champ rabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond repute

John 8:7
    I noticed that it said his wife was 15 when they got married. It failed to mention that he was either 15 or 16. It also said he was into heavy "drinking, sex, and rock and roll music before he found Jesus." I guess that means he went out and sewed some wild oats after he got married. Sounds like he may not have been hunting as much as he told his wife.

Champ TechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant future

They got married very young, her father died while she was in high school which changed the home situation for her. He was married when he came to Tech. After he graduated, he went to Arkansas to teach and had someone on the faculity that loved to hunt as much as he did. He also like to drink and soon he and Phil were doing both to a great extent. He resigned from teaching before they fired him and started running a bar. (Phil says worst mistake he ever made). Blacks on one side, whites on the other, pulled his trailer house up next to it with three kids and Miss Kay. Kay helped run it thinking it would keep Phil out of trouble. Phil was spiraling out of control. Finally when the owners of the bar told him they were raising the rent, he attacked them and injured both and went on the lam hiding out from the law in Arkansas. Miss Kay moved the family to West Monroe, got a job at Howard Brothers. Phil finally broke down and wanted his life to change. It took a while to find Miss Kay and the kids (who were terrified of him). Kay agreed that Phil could see her if he changed. She arranged for him to talk to the pastor from Whites Ferry Church, which had been helping Miss Kay. After listening, questioning, and reading the bible for himself, he repented and became a dedicated Christian, almost always adding gospel to his duck hunting talks. I think he was 29 at the time.

Champ 70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute 70TECHGRAD's Avatar

Good for Phil. I'm glad he saw the light!!!

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Awesome story of how Christ and a relationship with him changes lives!

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Awesome story of how Christ and a relationship with Him changes lives!

Champ Amos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond repute

The fact remains he does not give two rat's asses about Tech, and never will. I am glad he turned his live around, but Tech is and will remain just an asterisk in his complicated life.

Champ T1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Amos Moses View Post
    The fact remains he does not give two rat's asses about Tech, and never will. I am glad he turned his live around, but Tech is and will remain just an asterisk in his complicated life.
    Which is very understandable considering what he's been through, imo.

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by T1 View Post
    Which is very understandable considering what he's been through, imo.
    Exactly. And that's why I would place blame on our less-than-stellar alumni outreach programs. Have we asked him to contribute or support Tech? Maybe so, maybe not. And we might be surprised by the answer.

Champ 70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute 70TECHGRAD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Dawg View Post
    Exactly. And that's why I would place blame on our less-than-stellar alumni outreach programs. Have we asked him to contribute or support Tech? Maybe so, maybe not. And we might be surprised by the answer.
    Correct. Terry Bradshaw can tell you some stories about TECH's less-than-stellar outreach programs. For a long time....there was none!!!

Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar

The Lamar game is being promoted as Sportsman's Paradise Day. Let's hope that means Phil and family will be greeted at Aillet Stadium that day.

Champ Champ967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond repute Champ967's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dawg06 View Post
    The Lamar game is being promoted as Sportsman's Paradise Day.
    Glad to see we're doing this.

In the future, I would submit this theme is better suited to a date toward the end of the season.

+ Reply to Thread