+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: CWS Comments that Don't Deserve a Thread

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Re: CWS Comments that Don't Deserve a Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne From Minden View Post
    I wonder if they have done a cost/benefit analysis on going to the wood bat for all schools?

To me that would be the easiest solution
    I figure, it would be similar to the uniform situation where the big boys get free toys and the others have to pay.

I also figure the tree huggers would pitch a hissy fit.

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

Quote Originally Posted by maddawg View Post
    I figure, it would be similar to the uniform situation where the big boys get free toys and the others have to pay.
    No more difference than it is now with the current bat
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Champ dhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond repute dhussdawg's Avatar

Yeah, they've GOT to make some changes. This is not fun to watch and I typically like pitchers duels.
    Agreed, pitcher's duels are more impressive when there is actually a chance that the other team can hit. Every pitcher at the CWS has a sub 2 ERA nearly. It is ridiculous. Catch the game last night? 1 run, 9 singles and 3 doubles in the game. Very exciting!

Champ deadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to behold deadawg's Avatar

I need someone to explain to me how wooden bats would help the problem. Are these BBCOR bats less lively than wooden bats?

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by deadawg View Post
    I need someone to explain to me how wooden bats would help the problem. Are these BBCOR bats less lively than wooden bats?
    Opinions vary. Google Metal bats vs. Wood bats. There is a lot of info out there.

Puppy riows Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeriows Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeriows Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeriows Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeriows Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeriows Ultimate jerk and not worth your time

Pour comprendre.

Quote Originally Posted by dhussdawg View Post
    Agreed, pitcher's duels are more impressive when there is actually a chance that the other team can hit. Every pitcher at the CWS has a sub 2 ERA nearly. It is ridiculous. Catch the game last night? 1 run, 9 singles and 3 doubles in the game. Very exciting!
    Another one last night. MSU did miss opportunities. Still not much fun to watch.

Champ dhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond repute dhussdawg's Avatar

Another one last night. MSU did miss opportunities. Still not much fun to watch.
    Yeh, 4 runs, 2 earned, 12 hits, 1 XB hit (a double). Wow, that is brutal. I think UCLA has given up what? 5 runs in 4 games. Hard to hit good pitching in that park. Even when they make mistakes, it is hard to make them pay.

Tough for the NCAA and ESPN to sell this. You know they are excited about the Starkville media market. I'm anxious to see the ratings compared to past years.

Tough for the NCAA and ESPN to sell this. You know they are excited about the Starkville media market. I'm anxious to see the ratings compared to past years.
    It is a bad confluence of events. Dead bats, huge park, boring teams. UCLA obviously has a nice market, but that team is nearly unwatchable.

Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar

We did it! :icon_wink:

Oh, and ESPN showed a man wearing a maroon Nike GO DAWGS t-shirt in the stands.

• Game 2 of the UCLA/Mississippi St. College World Series final drew 1.3 million viewers on ESPN Tuesday night, down 37% from Arizona/South Carolina Game 2 last year (2.1M), and down 41% from South Carolina/Florida Game 2 in 2011 (2.2M). UCLA’s series-clinching win earned the smallest audience for any game of the CWS final since South Carolina/UCLA Game 1 in 2010 (1.2M). On Monday, Game 1 of the series earned 1.6 million viewers — up 7% from last year’s opener on ESPN2 (1.5M), but down 28% from 2011 (2.2M).

Champ markay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant future markay714's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dhussdawg View Post
    It is a bad confluence of events. Dead bats, huge park, boring teams. UCLA obviously has a nice market, but that team is nearly unwatchable.
    I LOVE the College World Series normally. I found UCLA tough to watch...B O R I N G!

+ Reply to Thread