+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Erik McCree transfers to LaTech

Champ GatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond repute GatorDawg's Avatar

Re: Erik McCree transfers to LaTech

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    I read about this on the CUSAbbs board last week. A fan of another CUSA school openly questioned why LA Tech would give McCREE a scholarship when he wasn't good enough to get any quality playing time for Murray St (his words, not mine!).
    It is a really simple answer. Murray State was a good senior heavy team last year. They were a 21 win team and their top 4 or 5 leading scorers were seniors. I don't like the way the person you reference (and possibly yourself as well) disregard Murray State as a basketball program. Atleast over the last 4 years, they have a pair of NCAA wins. Not to mention they have a 2 point loss in the tournament to the national runner up. McCree got more playing time for Murray State than most of their freshmen. He played in 24 games. He played 8.5 minutes a game. That is not bad for a true freshman to play 8.5 minutes a game on a senior heavy team.

Hopefully these are all points you realize and are only trying to bring it to our attention that outsiders might not like this transfer.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GatorDawg View Post
    It is a really simple answer. Murray State was a good senior heavy team last year. They were a 21 win team and their top 4 or 5 leading scorers were seniors. I don't like the way the person you reference (and possibly yourself as well) disregard Murray State as a basketball program. Atleast over the last 4 years, they have a pair of NCAA wins. Not to mention they have a 2 point loss in the tournament to the national runner up. McCree got more playing time for Murray State than most of their freshmen. He played in 24 games. He played 8.5 minutes a game. That is not bad for a true freshman to play 8.5 minutes a game on a senior heavy team.

Hopefully these are all points you realize and are only trying to bring it to our attention that outsiders might not like this transfer.
    Exactly. I already know all this. (Okay, for some folks out there this does not mean that I think I know everything!) This topic was discussed ad nauseum. Everything you just mentioned was pointed out in triplicate, on the CUSA board.

Here's what "Jonesing" said a week ago:

I just wonder WTF La Tech wants to deal with a transfer like this and going through the trouble of redshirting a guy that couldn't get off the bench on a worse team. That's it. What Murry State did as far back as the 80's and 90's or even 2 effin years ago has zero relavance to this topic. I don't know what's so hard to get about that.

This player wasn't even good enough to get off the bench on a worse team that he's transfering to? Even if you saw them as equal type teams last year, which they weren't, it just makes no sense really that La Tech would even want to deal with this guy who has expired a year of eligibility and that they will have to sit on for a year and pay to get an education just to get him eligible when couldn't even get off the bench for a pretty mediocre team at a lower level. The fact is Murray State was mediocre in the one year he played and the kid couldn't crack the rotation on that team, no reason to sugar coat it.

Again, these are NOT my comments. And just like this board, not all comments on the CUSA board are brilliant. :icon_wink:

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

Also been told he can play three positions...

And it is nice to be RELOADING instead of rebuilding -
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

+ Reply to Thread