+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2013 Opponent KU Dismisses Player

Champ dawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the rough

2013 Opponent KU Dismisses Player

According to Bruce Feldman and the KC Star, a former 5 star DE for Kansas was released by coach Weis. Connected to an armed robbery. He was a JuCo transfer listed as the starter at the BUCK linebacker in their spring depth charts.

Bruce Feldman ‏@BFeldmanCBS 2m One-time 5-star recruit.RT @mctait: #KUfball coach Charlie Weis has dismissed DE Chris Martin from the team.

Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar

Re: 2013 Opponent KU Dismisses Player

Quote Originally Posted by dawgcrazy View Post
    According to Bruce Feldman and the KC Star, a former 5 star DE for Kansas was released by coach Weis. Connected to an armed robbery. He was a JuCo transfer listed as the starter at the BUCK linebacker in their spring depth charts.
    When will these kids learn? Or better yet, when will someone in their life take more responsibility in helping mold them to make decent decisions? My heart breaks for these kids. I pray that they begin to see clearly and make the smart and most of the time, difficult decisions before they dig a hole too deep to want to climb out of.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

That's too bad for the kid. But I don't want him at LA Tech. (I suspect that's where this conversation is going.)

We have to draw the line somewhere, and ARMED ROBBERY is a very big deal. Besides, I don't want our football coaches to have to explain to the momma's of our football recruits why their son might have to share a huddle with an ARMED ROBBERY suspect. This kind of stuff just invites a lot of other trouble that LA Tech really doesn't need.

Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    That's too bad for the kid. But I don't want him at LA Tech. (I suspect that's where this conversation is going.)

We have to draw the line somewhere, and ARMED ROBBERY is a very big deal. Besides, I don't want our football coaches to have to explain to the momma's of our football recruits why their son might have to share a huddle with an ARMED ROBBERY suspect. This kind of stuff just invites a lot of other trouble that LA Tech really doesn't need.
    I hope you didn't take my response as to wanting him here. I think before Tech should even consider a prospect with that heavy of baggage, if we should even consider them at all, there should be some hard proof of his rehabilitation and ability to not be a distraction or detriment to the values we hope are instilled in our athletes. I know there are those who say that everybody, especially kids who haven't had a positive influence to mold them, deserve second chances and that Ed Jackson can be a great role model for them, but the fact is that there are the futures of other athletes to consider as well and we have a responsibility to them and their parents, as you pointed out, to not put their futures and environment at risk as well.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtydawg View Post
    I hope you didn't take my response as to wanting him here.
    Oh no. Not at all. I just figured this is where the conversation would eventually head.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Hmmm...awesome DE with a troubled background? Nah! who would want another Eric Shaw anyway?

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    Hmmm...awesome DE with a troubled background? Nah! who would want another Eric Shaw anyway?
    Times are different now D80, than back in 1990. Also, we're talking about ARMED ROBBERY. That's pretty heavy stuff.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Yeah times are different. Our society has greatly lowered the bar concerning morals, and ridiculous behavior is to be more tolerated today. In this case, I agree, armed robbery is very serious, and no, I don't think Tech (any school) should sign this kid. But, I was speaking more in generalities and simply saying, to fans, not to be so quick to dismiss the potential of a "troubled" kid. And, I was being somewhat tongue-in-cheek too referencing Shaw.....a GREAT player, to be sure, but whose capacity for trouble followed him here too. Unfortunately.

Champ cscollis has a reputation beyond reputecscollis has a reputation beyond reputecscollis has a reputation beyond reputecscollis has a reputation beyond reputecscollis has a reputation beyond reputecscollis has a reputation beyond reputecscollis has a reputation beyond reputecscollis has a reputation beyond reputecscollis has a reputation beyond reputecscollis has a reputation beyond reputecscollis has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    Times are different now D80, than back in 1990. Also, we're talking about ARMED ROBBERY. That's pretty heavy stuff.
    Yea Eric Shaw only shot at a person through a door to get suspended from the Ibowl. Eric was a good football player but a piece of crap as human being, a real thug.

LaTech needs to avoid this kind of players.

Champ dawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the rough

I doubt anyone's really calling for our coaches to offer this guy a second chance right now. I just posted it because it involves one of our opponents on the field this season.

Champ 70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute 70TECHGRAD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by cscollis View Post
    Yea Eric Shaw only shot at a person through a door to get suspended from the Ibowl. Eric was a good football player but a piece of crap as human being, a real thug.

LaTech needs to avoid this kind of players.
    Yep...those kind of players usually do better on SEC teams, where there are other players like them, and they only get their wrist slapped.

Champ Geaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond repute

Mean Machine already has him in their sights

Quote Originally Posted by 70TECHGRAD View Post
    Yep...those kind of players usually do better on SEC teams, where there are other players like them, and they only get their wrist slapped.
    Only if they're a significant part of the team.

Champ 70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute 70TECHGRAD's Avatar

[QUOTE=Dirtydawg;1357217]Only if they're a significant part of the team.[/QUOTE] Well, those are the ones that usually think they are untouchable and get in trouble!

Quote Originally Posted by 70TECHGRAD View Post
    Well, those are the ones that usually think they are untouchable and get in trouble!
    True

+ Reply to Thread