+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Techsters 2013-2014...

Champ BlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud of

Techsters 2013-2014...

Let’s talk about the Techsters and coaching staff for the 2013-2014 season!
    It seems that we have picked up two exciting coaches and still have 2 more to come!
    We have coming in a Jr. Point guard, that could be an instant playmaker for the team.
    A Soph. coming in that we are expecting to be awesome addition to the team as a forward.
    2 Freshmen one a 6’4” center and a shooting guard.
    Our Sr.’s coming back are Haynes, at 6’2” who might get the nodat starting forward
    She will have a lot of weight on her shoulders but thinking she will be up for the challange!
    Jalena, who might get the starting nod at shooting guard.
    She has worn the Techster uniform longer than anyone else on the team and her leadership will be valuable on the court and off!
    Janay who might get the starting nod at point.
    She took a while to get into the level of basketball but by the end of the season could really control the game and of course was fun to watch!
    And Jefferson a shooting guard that really picked up her game near the end of the season after some injury early in the year.
    Our Jr.’s include:
    Frazier.. Whit at 6Ft. is pretty awesome and I would be shocked if she wasn’t in the starting line up. She is just going to get better and stronger.
    Langston- at 6’2” got some quality playing time last year that included a few starts.
    With a little muscle added to her finesse game she might surprise some folks.
    Andrews- a shooting guard is fun to watch and always plays hard and gives 110% while on the floor.
    Hayes- is a spunky Point that really improved her ball handling near the end of the season, could be a great asset.
    Walter, a Jr. transfer point guard originally signed out of HS with the University of Ark. And last year played for the #3 nationally ranked Jr. college ranks program, ending the year as the #2 and #5 best point in the Jr. College rankings…
    This new Techster could be an impact player for the next couple of years!
    Our Soph. class:
    Lulu,got a starting nod as a freshman and no sign she will be giving it up soon!
    Great things to come from this Techster!
    Hall, a 6’2” forward showed signs of being a great player last year with limited playing time, expect to see more of Vinca this coming season.
    Wingate, a 6’1” forward a Transffer comes in with a #2 National ranking as a post player in the Jr. College rankings.
    I personally can’t wait to see her in action!
    We will have 2 true freshmen this year 1 a shooting guard from the San Antonio area, that comes in with a great resume.
    And a 6’4” "center" from the Monroe area, I understand she will have to put on some muscle but runs the court well and has great moves in the paint!
    Both will be nice additions to the Techster program!
    Coaching additions include:
    Mike Ekanem, a much needed strength and conditioning coach as well as
    Taken on the responsibility of recruiting coordinator, and guard development
    I understand the folks that got to meet Mike during the summer camp has nothing but praise for this hire!
    Drew Miller will be responsible for directing the Lady Techster defensive schemes as well as post player development.
    Coach TSpoon seams to be excited about the hireing of Drew!
    His experience comes while working with a men’s basketball program and even being a head coach for one
    Last year is behind us now and we can only look ahead!
    We will have basicly 4 starters returning, 2 new awesome coaching additions, and hopefully this coming year is going to be an exciting one for Women’s Basketball at la Tech!
    The new Football coach hireing of Skip, Mike Whites turn around of the Men’s Basketball program and a awesome season for the Techsters should and would really get the Tech Nation pumped for the up-coming seasons!
    Go Techsters!
    Your thoughts?

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Re: Techsters 2013-2014...

Quote Originally Posted by BlindDog View Post
    Let’s talk about the Techsters and coaching staff for the 2013-2014 season!
    It seems that we have picked up two exciting coaches and still have 2 more to come!
    We have coming in a Jr. Point guard, that could be an instant playmaker for the team.
    A Soph. coming in that we are expecting to be awesome addition to the team as a forward.
    2 Freshmen one a 6’4” center and a shooting guard.
    Our Sr.’s coming back are Haynes, at 6’2” who might get the nodat starting forward
    She will have a lot of weight on her shoulders but thinking she will be up for the challange!
    Jalena, who might get the starting nod at shooting guard.
    She has worn the Techster uniform longer than anyone else on the team and her leadership will be valuable on the court and off!
    Janay who might get the starting nod at point.
    She took a while to get into the level of basketball but by the end of the season could really control the game and of course was fun to watch!
    And Jefferson a shooting guard that really picked up her game near the end of the season after some injury early in the year.
    Our Jr.’s include:
    Frazier.. Whit at 6Ft. is pretty awesome and I would be shocked if she wasn’t in the starting line up. She is just going to get better and stronger.
    Langston- at 6’2” got some quality playing time last year that included a few starts.
    With a little muscle added to her finesse game she might surprise some folks.
    Andrews- a shooting guard is fun to watch and always plays hard and gives 110% while on the floor.
    Hayes- is a spunky Point that really improved her ball handling near the end of the season, could be a great asset.
    Walter, a Jr. transfer point guard originally signed out of HS with the University of Ark. And last year played for the #3 nationally ranked Jr. college ranks program, ending the year as the #2 and #5 best point in the Jr. College rankings…
    This new Techster could be an impact player for the next couple of years!
    Our Soph. class:
    Lulu,got a starting nod as a freshman and no sign she will be giving it up soon!
    Great things to come from this Techster!
    Hall, a 6’2” forward showed signs of being a great player last year with limited playing time, expect to see more of Vinca this coming season.
    Wingate, a 6’1” forward a Transffer comes in with a #2 National ranking as a post player in the Jr. College rankings.
    I personally can’t wait to see her in action!
    We will have 2 true freshmen this year 1 a shooting guard from the San Antonio area, that comes in with a great resume.
    And a 6’4” "center" from the Monroe area, I understand she will have to put on some muscle but runs the court well and has great moves in the paint!
    Both will be nice additions to the Techster program!
    Coaching additions include:
    Mike Ekanem, a much needed strength and conditioning coach as well as
    Taken on the responsibility of recruiting coordinator, and guard development
    I understand the folks that got to meet Mike during the summer camp has nothing but praise for this hire!
    Drew Miller will be responsible for directing the Lady Techster defensive schemes as well as post player development.
    Coach TSpoon seams to be excited about the hireing of Drew!
    His experience comes while working with a men’s basketball program and even being a head coach for one
    Last year is behind us now and we can only look ahead!
    We will have basicly 4 starters returning, 2 new awesome coaching additions, and hopefully this coming year is going to be an exciting one for Women’s Basketball at la Tech!
    The new Football coach hireing of Skip, Mike Whites turn around of the Men’s Basketball program and a awesome season for the Techsters should and would really get the Tech Nation pumped for the up-coming seasons!
    Go Techsters!
    Your thoughts?
    Good analysis! I am really thinking that Walters is going to challenge for that starting PG position. It will be interesting to watch. With Lulu as a shooting guard, Whitney (hopefully reaching her full potential) as a 3, and Hall/Wingate in the 4 and 5, it could get interesting!

Champ philgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her game

Quote Originally Posted by champion110 View Post
    Good analysis! I am really thinking that Walters is going to challenge for that starting PG position. It will be interesting to watch. With Lulu as a shooting guard, Whitney (hopefully reaching her full potential) as a 3, and Hall/Wingate in the 4 and 5, it could get interesting!
    The key is the PG position, we are moving into CUSA and we must have a guard that can run the team on both offense and defense. We have not had that in a long long time.

The post position has been our issue the last couple seasons we just have not gotten production out of that position, we now have Drew Miller that will be working with Post Development.

Whitney being moved back to the small forward position is key for us, we need her to be athletic and active on the outside so that she can take her defender low and post her up. Whitney can cause a matchup nightmare for teams.

We have a PG that my kids played against and oh dear sweet Jesus she is just so freakin fast and under control with it, She is not as much of a scorer as she is defender and distributor but we could be three deep at PG position which helps.

The Lady Techsters have to do one thing this season and that is run run run and when they are done running they have to run some more, we have got to attack on both ends of the floor and with the addition of Mike and Drew we will see a more deliberate half court game on offense and on the defensive end we are going to see transition defense that will spill out into multiple looks so teams can't get set as to what play to call if their break doesn't work.

The opponents are gonna have to recognize on the run what defensive set we are in and I don't care what level your on that can be rather frustrating when you have teams that are changing it up every time down the floor.

I got the feeling from Mike during the team camp and what he was speaking about in drills that he intends of all five positions being able to advance the ball up the floor at any given time.

I know some of the leary ones are sitting with their heads tilted sideways but Folks I am here to tell you this young man has hit the ground running and he has been there a very short time but the relationship building that he has done with the team is fun to watch.

We are still two positions down but I know that there are people that have expressed interest but Spoon is being very deliberate with chemistry of this team, she is looking for individuals that in her own words "put these kids first".

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by philgarris View Post
    The key is the PG position, we are moving into CUSA and we must have a guard that can run the team on both offense and defense. We have not had that in a long long time.

The post position has been our issue the last couple seasons we just have not gotten production out of that position, we now have Drew Miller that will be working with Post Development.

Whitney being moved back to the small forward position is key for us, we need her to be athletic and active on the outside so that she can take her defender low and post her up. Whitney can cause a matchup nightmare for teams.

We have a PG that my kids played against and oh dear sweet Jesus she is just so freakin fast and under control with it, She is not as much of a scorer as she is defender and distributor but we could be three deep at PG position which helps.

The Lady Techsters have to do one thing this season and that is run run run and when they are done running they have to run some more, we have got to attack on both ends of the floor and with the addition of Mike and Drew we will see a more deliberate half court game on offense and on the defensive end we are going to see transition defense that will spill out into multiple looks so teams can't get set as to what play to call if their break doesn't work.

The opponents are gonna have to recognize on the run what defensive set we are in and I don't care what level your on that can be rather frustrating when you have teams that are changing it up every time down the floor.

I got the feeling from Mike during the team camp and what he was speaking about in drills that he intends of all five positions being able to advance the ball up the floor at any given time.

I know some of the leary ones are sitting with their heads tilted sideways but Folks I am here to tell you this young man has hit the ground running and he has been there a very short time but the relationship building that he has done with the team is fun to watch.

We are still two positions down but I know that there are people that have expressed interest but Spoon is being very deliberate with chemistry of this team, she is looking for individuals that in her own words "put these kids first".
    Phil, which of the PG's are you referencing in the bold?

Big Dog ACSlatech1994 is a name known to allACSlatech1994 is a name known to allACSlatech1994 is a name known to allACSlatech1994 is a name known to allACSlatech1994 is a name known to allACSlatech1994 is a name known to allACSlatech1994 is a name known to allACSlatech1994 is a name known to allACSlatech1994 is a name known to allACSlatech1994 is a name known to allACSlatech1994 is a name known to all

As I understand it the full recruiting class is as follows: Wingate 6'1 F (Jr); Moten 6'4 F (fr); Jackson 5'8 G (fr); Walter 5'8 G (Jr); Green 5'4 G (so); Chenvert 6'3 F/C (Jr)

Quote Originally Posted by ACSlatech1994 View Post
    As I understand it the full recruiting class is as follows: Wingate 6'1 F (Jr); Moten 6'4 F (fr); Jackson 5'8 G (fr); Walter 5'8 G (Jr); Green 5'4 G (so); Chenvert 6'3 F/C (Jr)
    I believe that is correct. Good balance in this class. I hope they can bring some spark. I know the new coaches are going to do their best to bring it out in them.

Champ philgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her game

Phil, which of the PG's are you referencing in the bold?
    Champ I would be guessing if I threw a name out there, I just know while she is short she makes up for it is speed.
    I only recognized LuLu and Whitney but I know there were a couple more kids that were walk ons it could have been the juco PG just not sure

Quote Originally Posted by philgarris View Post
    Champ I would be guessing if I threw a name out there, I just know while she is short she makes up for it is speed.
    I only recognized LuLu and Whitney but I know there were a couple more kids that were walk ons it could have been the juco PG just not sure
    It just sounded a lot like Walters. :icon_wink:

It just sounded a lot like Walters. :icon_wink:
    I think that is who it was but just not sure

Champ BlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud of

Quote Originally Posted by ACSlatech1994 View Post
    How did I miss Green and Chenvert?
    Is there a link on LaTechSports about them?
    another BIG will definatly help out the team this year as well!

Champ BuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant future BuzDawg73's Avatar

I don't know who Chenvert is either. There was a Tech commit Skylar Chenevert who plays for Louisiana College. 6'2" forward. Is she transferring to Tech?

Big Dog ACSlatech1994 is a name known to allACSlatech1994 is a name known to allACSlatech1994 is a name known to allACSlatech1994 is a name known to allACSlatech1994 is a name known to allACSlatech1994 is a name known to allACSlatech1994 is a name known to allACSlatech1994 is a name known to allACSlatech1994 is a name known to allACSlatech1994 is a name known to allACSlatech1994 is a name known to all

LaShanta Green is a 5'4 Junior College point guard who will have three years to play. Her commitment was reported on bleedtechblue.com. TyJae Chenvert is a 6'3 Junior college player who visited the day before team camp started and committed immediately. Her signing was annonced on Coach Mike Ekanem twitter account. He provides a good deal of insight through twitter. Definetly worth following.

Puppy SEHarshaw is a jewel in the roughSEHarshaw is a jewel in the roughSEHarshaw is a jewel in the roughSEHarshaw is a jewel in the roughSEHarshaw is a jewel in the roughSEHarshaw is a jewel in the roughSEHarshaw is a jewel in the roughSEHarshaw is a jewel in the roughSEHarshaw is a jewel in the roughSEHarshaw is a jewel in the roughSEHarshaw is a jewel in the rough

Hayes in no longer on the team. She signed with grand valley state or something like that a week or so ago.

All Star Girls Report and BleedTechBlue.com are reporting 2 new verbals: 2014 commitment: Daja Chase 5'9 G (Ouachita HS) and 2015 commitment: Brianna Millet 5'10 WF (TX- Sophia Young Elite)

Champ bulldogbacker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebulldogbacker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebulldogbacker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebulldogbacker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebulldogbacker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebulldogbacker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebulldogbacker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebulldogbacker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebulldogbacker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebulldogbacker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebulldogbacker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your time

I hope we are moving in the right direction. I do not know about the verbals for next year however. I do not think they are correct at this point.

+ Reply to Thread