+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Add Fenway to the list

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Add Fenway to the list

Just attended my first game at Fenway Park (Wed night). What a great old ballpark. Walked around before the game, taking it all in. Spent time among the Sox Crazies on Yawkey Way. Didn't have to buy a beer, plenty of free offers from fans. Had good seats, about 10 rows up behind 1st base, staring straight at the Green Monster. Had a great time and the Sox won on a homer, over the monster.

Champ LT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the rough

Re: Add Fenway to the list

Did you take the T there? Are your legs stiff from the lack of leg room?

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    Just attended my first game at Fenway Park (Wed night). What a great old ballpark. Walked around before the game, taking it all in. Spent time among the Sox Crazies on Yawkey Way. Didn't have to buy a beer, plenty of free offers from fans. Had good seats, about 10 rows up behind 1st base, staring straight at the Green Monster. Had a great time and the Sox won on a homer, over the monster.
    Was it your good looks that got you the freebies or the Tech cap? LOL
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Had to do a 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th, 8th and 9th inning stretch just to unfold my legs! Old wooden seats, hard on the buttocks too. But, worth it. And it was my charm that got me the freebies....

Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgpix View Post
    Was it your good looks that got you the freebies or the Tech cap? LOL
    Had to do a 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th, 8th and 9th inning stretch just to unfold my legs! Old wooden seats, hard on the buttocks too. But, worth it. And it was my charm that got me the freebies....
    Ha. I figured they were doing anything they could to keep your mouth full to keep it quiet.

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

My seats (yes, old, wooden and small) were second from the top along 1st base. Never saw the sky or video board, just the field and Green Monstah.

Champ tenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond repute

Mrs. TD and I made our first visit to Fenway Park about a month ago while the Rangers were in Boston. It's a great ballpark for sure. I got a laugh from seeing vendors selling clam chowder in the stands. And it was good chowder..er...chowdah.

Oh, and I used to like Neil Diamond's Sweet Caroline, but the Sox fans' rendition has done me in. Please! no more!

Super Moderator Tech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond repute Tech77's Avatar

Oh, and I used to like Neil Diamond's Sweet Caroline, but the Sox fans' rendition has done me in. Please! no more!
    Why did they adopt that song, anyway?
    Last edited by Tech77; 07-09-2013 at 09:31 AM.
    Good old Memorial Gym

Quote Originally Posted by Tech77 View Post
    Why did that adopt that song, anyway?
    They were ashamed to use "You Are My Sunshine."

Super Moderator Tech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond repute Tech77's Avatar

It appears the answer to my question is "nobody knows." http://boston.com/sports/baseball/re...ained_at_last/
    Good old Memorial Gym

+ Reply to Thread