+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Cue The Theme From Jaws....

Champ hookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond repute hookdown's Avatar

Cue The Theme From Jaws....

...just when you thought stability was here...

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/col...r_a4&eref=sihp

Staples makes some good points. But as one who will not watch a game on a phone, and only does so under protest (because I cannot receive it via TV, i.e. Tech games) for the computer, I am not sure he is corrrect. But I can defiinitely see the possiblity of a Google or a Netflix bidding for some of the games in the future. And if they do, how would that affect the realignment game (I too think the ACC deal is just a temporary pause)? Will "media markets" now include the number of data plans and internet users?

Champ StrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond repute StrayDawg's Avatar

Re: Cue The Theme From Jaws....

That is an interesting article. He is right about media consumption changing, and I had not thought about Google or Apple bidding on games but it makes perfect sense.

On this board, we have had conversations in the past about the La. Tech media market and how it is measured. The Ruston market is very small, but there are a lot of Tech grads in major cities who would attend games and watch games if they were available. I wonder if a web-based service would take that into accout, of if they would continue to measure makets the same way as cable companies.

Champ Champ967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond repute Champ967's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by StrayDawg View Post
    That is an interesting article. He is right about media consumption changing, and I had not thought about Google or Apple bidding on games but it makes perfect sense.

On this board, we have had conversations in the past about the La. Tech media market and how it is measured. The Ruston market is very small, but there are a lot of Tech grads in major cities who would attend games and watch games if they were available. I wonder if a web-based service would take that into accout, of if they would continue to measure makets the same way as cable companies.
    Dont CUSA members each retain their own third tier rights? Aren't CUSA schools free to sell to whomever any games that arent picked up by the conference's media deals?

So why arent we talking to Apple, Google, Roku, etc?

Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Champ967 View Post
    Dont CUSA members each retain their own third tier rights? Aren't CUSA schools free to sell to whomever any games that arent picked up by the conference's media deals?

So why arent we talking to Apple, Google, Roku, etc?
    Or KTBS...

+ Reply to Thread