+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: TAC improvements???

Champ GatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond repute GatorDawg's Avatar

Re: TAC improvements???

Quote Originally Posted by ITdrummer View Post
    Can we please, PLEASE have more than 1 concession stand open at the BBall games??
    I hear a lot of changes are in the works for concessions now at football. Hopefully some of that spills over into basketball.

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

Quote Originally Posted by GatorDawg View Post
    I hear a lot of changes are in the works for concessions now at football. Hopefully some of that spills over into basketball.
    I actually think that in a way this is a very important area to alot of the fans - and one that can easily be solved with just the most basic of planning -

Football - never run out of cold drinks, water or ice

Basketball - ditto but also have ample stands open in the arena

Menu doesn't matter to me - I eat before I go in - but the ability to obtain a very cold drink and a bag of fresh peanuts is a must
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Champ GatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond repute GatorDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne From Minden View Post
    I actually think that in a way this is a very important area to alot of the fans - and one that can easily be solved with just the most basic of planning -

Football - never run out of cold drinks, water or ice

Basketball - ditto but also have ample stands open in the arena

Menu doesn't matter to me - I eat before I go in - but the ability to obtain a very cold drink and a bag of fresh peanuts is a must
    No doubt it is important. A large part of the problem is that Armark has to import their goods into the venues. Hopefully in the future we can find some way for them to store and prepare their goods at the venue. I think that solves a lot of the problems regarding lack of ice/stale popcorn etc.

Champ DellDawg has a reputation beyond reputeDellDawg has a reputation beyond reputeDellDawg has a reputation beyond reputeDellDawg has a reputation beyond reputeDellDawg has a reputation beyond reputeDellDawg has a reputation beyond reputeDellDawg has a reputation beyond reputeDellDawg has a reputation beyond reputeDellDawg has a reputation beyond reputeDellDawg has a reputation beyond reputeDellDawg has a reputation beyond repute DellDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GatorDawg View Post
    I think that solves a lot of the problems regarding lack of ice/stale popcorn etc.

Very simple solution...

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

Speaking of Aramark. Why aren't they a corporate athletics $pon$or. They do benefit from their high-priced concession items.

Oh, I forgot, they probably spent all their marketing dollars with nlulm.
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Quote Originally Posted by DellDawg View Post
    Very simple solution...

As far as the ice is concerned, I know they keep a large refrigerated truck full of it at the stadium. Or atleast there used to be. But you run out after a while and need a new shipment. There needs to be a better solution.

Champ GermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond repute GermDawg's Avatar

One of the reasons for delay on SEZ project is that they will be adding a full kitchen (with industrial ice maker) to support concessions, before most stuff had to be hauled from the Student Center. At least according to a recent article and Aramark management.

Administrator qng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond repute qng001's Avatar

Our concession operations isn't anywhere near the size as LSU's, it's really stupid how our staff can't get the logistics down. I the Aramark staff prepare the week of the game not months in advance like most college programs.

Behind the Scenes: LSU Concessions

Stock arrives. Wallace and his 12 staff managers are responsible for transporting over 90 tons of ice and tens of thousands of beverages, hot dogs, sausages and nachos to 60 locations throughout the stadium.

Champ BlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud of

How many years do we have to put up with our current company?
    Do they have a multy year contract?
    Seems like with Ruston being such a small community that getting the local food business's a chance to sell their items would be better for the school and the community as well!

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by BlindDog View Post
    How many years do we have to put up with our current company?
    Do they have a multy year contract?
    Seems like with Ruston being such a small community that getting the local food business's a chance to sell their items would be better for the school and the community as well!
    I TOTALLY agree with this! I bet most restaurants would love the chance to set up food kiosks. Solves several problems all at one time - gives a local flair to the food (something I have been begging for them to do for a long time), gets the community involved more, helps local businesses, is unique, provides a lot of choices, and we pay NOTHING. Seems SO logical. The Restaurants put up kiosks at their expense in pre-approved places and just serves a few items from their menu. Sort of like a food court...

Champ okiealdawg has much to be proud ofokiealdawg has much to be proud ofokiealdawg has much to be proud ofokiealdawg has much to be proud ofokiealdawg has much to be proud ofokiealdawg has much to be proud ofokiealdawg has much to be proud ofokiealdawg has much to be proud ofokiealdawg has much to be proud ofokiealdawg has much to be proud ofokiealdawg has much to be proud of

Now that dumbo is gone it will be interesting to see things improve with concessions.

+ Reply to Thread