+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Louisiana Tech settles with DOJ

Champ maverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond repute

Louisiana Tech settles with DOJ

Anybody know more about this? As far as I've ever known, the University has made every effort to accommodate students with disabilities or impairments. It's hard to imagine this made it all the way to a lawsuit without somebody finding a way to comply.

http://www.businessreport.com/articl...0112/130729886

http://chronicle.com/blogs/ticker/category/legal

http://www.thenewsstar.com/apps/pbcs...=2013307240022

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

Re: Louisiana Tech settles with DOJ

A $23,543 payout to the offended? Seems to be small potatoes, especially with the DOJ gives Tech a back-handed compliment on their efforts:

“This a positive move by Louisiana Tech University and the Board of Supervisors. Their efforts reflect a commitment to ensuring that all individuals with disabilities have full access to the university,” said Stephanie A. Finley, U.S. Attorney for the Western District of Louisiana.
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Champ Poisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the rough Poisso3's Avatar
    Ellisville, MO (30 miles West of St. Louis)

Re: Louisiana Tech settles with DOJ

I'm guessing it is refering to the online "white board" program. I remember when that started being used back in 2000 and thinking that it would not be useful for a blind student. Seems to me this is more on the prof/grad-ass not providing the materials in a timely manor than Tech being at fault for using the online program.

+ Reply to Thread