+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ponds to fish in Ruston?

Puppy FishingDawg is an unknown

Ponds to fish in Ruston?

Im not exactly an Alumni, but I couldn't find anywhere else to post this and I figured you guys would know more. I've been at tech for 3 years now, and Ill be going into my 4th year this year in Architecture. Anyway, the 3 years I've been here I have been looking for a place to fish. I've tried just about every surrounding lake with no luck. I've talked to a few guys at the bait shop and they said there were some good size bass in the Lincoln Parish Park, but I have been there multiple times with no luck. It just now hit me when I was looking at google maps for bodies of water how many private ponds there are here in Ruston. Does anyone have or know anyone with private ponds that would allow me to fish If I asked permission? Im just looking to catch some fish, and not having a boat my options are limited. I catch and release so Im not looking to keep anything. If anyone knows I would really appreciate it!

Super Moderator Tech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond repute Tech77's Avatar

Re: Ponds to fish in Ruston?

Quote Originally Posted by FishingDawg View Post
    Im not exactly an Alumni, but I couldn't find anywhere else to post this and I figured you guys would know more. I've been at tech for 3 years now, and Ill be going into my 4th year this year in Architecture. Anyway, the 3 years I've been here I have been looking for a place to fish. I've tried just about every surrounding lake with no luck. I've talked to a few guys at the bait shop and they said there were some good size bass in the Lincoln Parish Park, but I have been there multiple times with no luck. It just now hit me when I was looking at google maps for bodies of water how many private ponds there are here in Ruston. Does anyone have or know anyone with private ponds that would allow me to fish If I asked permission? Im just looking to catch some fish, and not having a boat my options are limited. I catch and release so Im not looking to keep anything. If anyone knows I would really appreciate it!
    I think you probably are going to have to develop some relationships with some landowners. If you go to church in Ruston, keep your eye out for a member that owns some land with some ponds on it, and bring up the subject when you can.
    Good old Memorial Gym

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

There were several local ponds that didn't seem to mind night fishing back in the day.

Super Moderator Tech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond repute Tech77's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by maddawg View Post
    There were several local ponds that didn't seem to mind night fishing back in the day.
    Sounds like an episode of Duck Dynasty.
    Good old Memorial Gym

Champ marketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond repute marketdawg's Avatar

You can fish all of them...just depends on how fast you are.
    “Towie Barclay of the Glen, Happy to the maids, But never to the men.”

Champ Choudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond repute Choudawg86's Avatar

woodland (sp)park pond near the fair grounds.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech77 View Post
    I think you probably are going to have to develop some relationships with some landowners. If you go to church in Ruston, keep your eye out for a member that owns some land with some ponds on it, and bring up the subject when you can.
    Thats the problem, pretty much all I do is work and go to school. I dont have the opportunity to meet people that would have land with ponds on it. Which is why I was hoping someone on here could point me in the right direction

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

There's a little pond in Dubach that is public and used to be filled with good fish.

Quote Originally Posted by maddawg View Post
    Could you be a little more specific? Put me on some fish!

Quote Originally Posted by marketdawg View Post
    You can fish all of them...just depends on how fast you are.
    Lol its getting to them that is the problem

Quote Originally Posted by Choudawg86 View Post
    woodland (sp)park pond near the fair grounds.
    I have seen that one before but never fished it. Are there fish in there?

Surely someone knows of a pond around that I can fish!? I've tried Lincoln parish park, and that Woodland park with not much luck. Not having a boat has me limited

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Surely someone knows of a pond around that I can fish!? I've tried Lincoln parish park, and that Woodland park with not much luck. Not having a boat has me limited
    https://maps.google.com/maps?client=...&ved=0CIABELYD
    Time is your friend. Impulse is your enemy. -John Bogle

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by johnnylightnin View Post
    Corner of 818 and 150:icon_wink:

Has anyone fished or heard of decent fish in there? I think I'll give it a try

I've heard its better to beg for forgiveness than to ask for permission.

We caught a ton of 1-2 lb bass in the west "lobe" of that body of water. We had a little john boat, but there's plenty of places you can get to from the bank. Watch out for wasps and snakes though.
    Time is your friend. Impulse is your enemy. -John Bogle

+ Reply to Thread