+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: A&M's year may be alot different!!!!!!!!!

Champ Geaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond repute

A&M's year may be alot different!!!!!!!!!

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

Re: A&M's year may be alot different!!!!!!!!!

Johnny's dad needs to wake up. Texas A&M will take care of itself, as it should in this case. Don't jump to defend someone who might sink the 102,000 seat ship later. Seems Johnny Football has gone from harmless, misguided college student to ticking time bomb very quickly.

Champ Cal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond repute Cal&Ken's Avatar

This could be an interesting year for them for sure. I hate to see kids screw up their future- he is certainly working overtime right now in making poor choices.

Champ Bigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond repute Bigdog13's Avatar

All that talent and he isn't even as mature as my 12 year old.

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

Think this will lead to a limit on eligibility for the Heisman? Say only after you sophomore season?

Champ maverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by techman05 View Post
    Think this will lead to a limit on eligibility for the Heisman? Say only after you sophomore season?
    Let's hope not--the best should be honored as the best. The award's not what changes people; it's the aftermath.

In a perfect world (LOL), it would mean the media would back away and public scrutiny would give it a rest and let folks focus on football.

Big Dog coop1448 has much to be proud ofcoop1448 has much to be proud ofcoop1448 has much to be proud ofcoop1448 has much to be proud ofcoop1448 has much to be proud ofcoop1448 has much to be proud ofcoop1448 has much to be proud ofcoop1448 has much to be proud ofcoop1448 has much to be proud ofcoop1448 has much to be proud ofcoop1448 has much to be proud of coop1448's Avatar

We were talking the other day about kids in this age range that fall apart either having had prestige and suddenly lose it, or simply can't deal with fame and prestige from the get go. This is incredibly sad to me. I wish there was a way to mesh these kids with a mentor who guides their actions, someone for which they listen to and head advice. It is so easy to make young stupid mistakes that can and will cost you your entire life forward. I will say a prayer for this talented young superstar that God takes him by the hand and wakes him up....before it's too late. Conversely: I don't think putting an age limit on Heisman is necessary. If you are inferring from his receiving it, was the reason for his falling. I think it probably would have occurred even without it (Heisman), as he is/was a freshman, who became a NEW SEC admission's, savior. Just my opinion. Stupid decisions can and are made at any age (Alex Rod, Tiger Woods, Aaron Hernandez, Pete Rose).....

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by coop1448 View Post
    We were talking the other day about kids in this age range that fall apart either having had prestige and suddenly lose it, or simply can't deal with fame and prestige from the get go. This is incredibly sad to me. I wish there was a way to mesh these kids with a mentor who guides their actions, someone for which they listen to and head advice. It is so easy to make young stupid mistakes that can and will cost you your entire life forward. I will say a prayer for this talented young superstar that God takes him by the hand and wakes him up....before it's too late. Conversely: I don't think putting an age limit on Heisman is necessary. If you are inferring from his receiving it, was the reason for his falling. I think it probably would have occurred even without it (Heisman), as he is/was a freshman, who became a NEW SEC admission's, savior. Just my opinion. Stupid decisions can and are made at any age (Alex Rod, Tiger Woods, Aaron Hernandez, Pete Rose).....
    Great observation.

It's difficult to imagine being able to handle what he has on his plate. It's pretty obvious his parents don't have control of the situation and that's not blaming them. Some young people have "IT" and some develop "IT" over time.

We've had more than one athlete to come through Tech that "mis-managed" his personal business. It's a shame we remember them for what they could have been and forget the ones who walked the line and turned out to be great human beings.

Champ mikedog has a reputation beyond reputemikedog has a reputation beyond reputemikedog has a reputation beyond reputemikedog has a reputation beyond reputemikedog has a reputation beyond reputemikedog has a reputation beyond reputemikedog has a reputation beyond reputemikedog has a reputation beyond reputemikedog has a reputation beyond reputemikedog has a reputation beyond reputemikedog has a reputation beyond repute mikedog's Avatar

Manziel couldn't have handled this offseason any worse. I'm ready to see him get knocked down a peg or two this season.

Big Dog coop1448 has much to be proud ofcoop1448 has much to be proud ofcoop1448 has much to be proud ofcoop1448 has much to be proud ofcoop1448 has much to be proud ofcoop1448 has much to be proud ofcoop1448 has much to be proud ofcoop1448 has much to be proud ofcoop1448 has much to be proud ofcoop1448 has much to be proud ofcoop1448 has much to be proud of coop1448's Avatar

True! Everyone needs an Ed Jackson and/or Conroy holding their hands!

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mikedog View Post
    Manziel couldn't have handled this offseason any worse. I'm ready to see him get knocked down a peg or two this season.
    So you'd like to seem him knocked down a peg or two because he handled things badly?

Champ mikedog has a reputation beyond reputemikedog has a reputation beyond reputemikedog has a reputation beyond reputemikedog has a reputation beyond reputemikedog has a reputation beyond reputemikedog has a reputation beyond reputemikedog has a reputation beyond reputemikedog has a reputation beyond reputemikedog has a reputation beyond reputemikedog has a reputation beyond reputemikedog has a reputation beyond repute mikedog's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by maddawg View Post
    So you'd like to seem him knocked down a peg or two because he handled things badly?
    No-- I'd like to seem him knocked down a peg or two because his arrogance level is off the charts. A little humility would do wonders for this kid--both on the field and off of it.

Champ Cal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond repute Cal&Ken's Avatar

I think you are going to get your wish. I personally hope he turns his situation around and does something good with it. We have enough bad things in the world and enough poor role models for kids. It would be great to show kids what happens when you screw up, but life is not over when you make mistakes- you can still make something of yourself. The jury is still out for this kid- and yes, he is a kid. I am glad my mistakes weren't blasted all over TV and people didn't want to sit back and watch me fail.

No-- I'd like to seem him knocked down a peg or two because his arrogance level is off the charts. A little humility would do wonders for this kid--both on the field and off of it.
    I see. Pretty much because you don't like him.:icon_wink:

Champ Rooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond repute Rooster's Avatar

With social media, and all of the PR, I would imagine it is a lot to handle for a young man plus playing in the SEC. I hope he turns it around, and I hope he gets to play this year and hope he did nothing wrong with autograph signings.
    “Ability is what you're capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it.”
    Lou Holtz - Football Coach

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have." - Thomas Jefferson

"Bring back the rotary phone so we don't have to press 1 for English."
    www.casadice.com

+ Reply to Thread