+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The Guices in the Ropp Center?

Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar

Re: The Guices in the Ropp Center?

Quote Originally Posted by GatorDawg View Post
    Good potential idea. But the big hold up in my mind is what do you do if someone has the place rented when an important guest wants to come to visit. I bet there are alternatives but you don't want to be in that situation.
    I thought about that as well. My thought was that there would be more than one room for rent, so there shouldn't be a conflict except maybe football weekends, but would we have a special guest come in at those times. Another option, maybe, would be to have one specified room with limited availability and scheduled as only being able to be rented out for last minute schedules, in other words, instead of someone being able to reserve it 6 months early, it can only be reserved starting the month it is to be used that way we would know if a university guest is coming at a certain time so it wouldn't be rented at that time. I'm not sure how to do it, but there are much smarter people than I am that can figure it out. And I really don't know if I can take the credit for this because I think someone else mentioned it before. It might have been as far back as the Delphi days, but I'm sure I read this idea somewhere else. Unless, they decide to do it and want to pay a commission for the idea, then yeah, it was all mine.

Champ CutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to behold

Speaking of Lod Cook, before its day I stayed at the Faculty Club there, which I think maybe the Ropp is comparable to and thought back then we should have such a thing. Not sure if it's still used as such after the Lod Cook was built. Also, they had and again may not now, Pleasant Hall which was an old dorm made into a place to stay for visitors. Again may be gone now but it was for the lowly people for games, conferences, camps, or just a visit. Surely we could do such somewhere on campus. Ok, enough about that other place.:icon_wink:

Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CutiePie72 View Post
    Speaking of Lod Cook, before its day I stayed at the Faculty Club there, which I think maybe the Ropp is comparable to and thought back then we should have such a thing. Not sure if it's still used as such after the Lod Cook was built. Also, they had and again may not now, Pleasant Hall which was an old dorm made into a place to stay for visitors. Again may be gone now but it was for the lowly people for games, conferences, camps, or just a visit. Surely we could do such somewhere on campus. Ok, enough about that other place.:icon_wink:
    Now that you mention it, I remember when I was there in the mid to late 80s a friend mentioning that her parents stayed in a dorm or something like that on campus when they came to visit.

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

I had a civil eng class under Jack Painter, remote sensing, using aerial photographs to scope out topography, etc... Had to write a paper and I went to visit him in his office, which was in the Nuclear Center, or whatever it was called. There was a Geiger Counter in the hallway, making all its clicking noises and the needle jumping on the dial. I asked Mr. Painter about it and he said, oh, that's just normal radiation, nothing to be concerned about. We met for about an hour and as we were leaving the Counter was making even more noise, the needle jumping all the way across the dial. He ushers me toward the door, and says, Hmmm, now that isn't normal. Turns and headed back into the building. I left as quickly as possible. He looks OK all these years (decades ) later. Guess it was nothing serious.

Champ The Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond repute

Ropp Center during its complete renovation in 2003.

Last edited by The Historian; 08-18-2013 at 08:58 AM. Reason: 8.jpg.html?sort=3&o=10

Champ The Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond repute

Last edited by The Historian; 08-18-2013 at 08:55 AM.

Champ roughedge is a splendid one to beholdroughedge is a splendid one to beholdroughedge is a splendid one to beholdroughedge is a splendid one to beholdroughedge is a splendid one to beholdroughedge is a splendid one to beholdroughedge is a splendid one to beholdroughedge is a splendid one to beholdroughedge is a splendid one to beholdroughedge is a splendid one to beholdroughedge is a splendid one to behold roughedge's Avatar

pc tech pres home.jpgpc pres home tech.jpgThe black & white photo is from the 1940s; the tinted one from the 1920s.

Champ Dawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond repute Dawgonit's Avatar

Wish we would get rid of the white paint on the bricks. Painted bricks is tacky IMO and I'd like to see the building have matching brick like the rest of campus.

Champ Houston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgonit View Post
    Wish we would get rid of the white paint on the bricks. Painted bricks is tacky IMO and I'd like to see the building have matching brick like the rest of campus.
    Been that way for as long as I remember. Don't know why and doesn't make it right. Just has been.

+ Reply to Thread