+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New low for tigers

Champ ITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond repute ITdrummer's Avatar

Re: New low for tigers

Quote Originally Posted by rangerdawg View Post
    THIS was on page 4.
    http://www.cbssports.com/columns/sto...this-brainless

THIS was just released today.
    http://www.cbssports.com/general/blo...lame-les-miles

Totally different articles.
    You are correct. But SAME topic.

Champ rangerdawg has a brilliant futurerangerdawg has a brilliant futurerangerdawg has a brilliant futurerangerdawg has a brilliant futurerangerdawg has a brilliant futurerangerdawg has a brilliant futurerangerdawg has a brilliant futurerangerdawg has a brilliant futurerangerdawg has a brilliant futurerangerdawg has a brilliant futurerangerdawg has a brilliant future

Quote Originally Posted by ITdrummer View Post
    You are correct. But SAME topic.
    I understand, and really hate threads devoted to pond scum. But this was a helluva article that made Leslie look like what he is.

Champ theprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond repute theprofessor's Avatar

I guess I misinterpreted was Miles said. My take: Like many other coaches have done, he decided to reinstate Hill, but only if the team voted to allow him back. That's much different than saying it's not my decision, I'm leaving it up to the team. I believe that both Dooley and Dykes did similar things with suspended players when they were in Ruston.

I do think the timing is peculiar. Miles said he was going to allow the legal process to play out. Then, Hill's hearing was moved up 10 days to the first available court date after practice starts. That is not something that happens to "regular" people and is a legitimate criticism (one that's been made by folks who cover LSU sports, for those of you who think the media don't criticize LSU) of this process. Another legitimate criticism is that Miles announced "internal" punishment and didn't say whether or not Hill would be suspended. I've taken some criticism by several folks for my stance on this issue, and that's fine. While I've said, and still believe, that Hill shouldn't be kicked off the team, I do believe he deserves to be suspended for three or four games.
    the bold, the beautiful, theprofessor

Super Moderator Tech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond repute Tech77's Avatar

The video evidence of his sucker punch and his celebration with his buddies after doing so, should have brought on much more severe punishment. Glenn Guilbeau's article on this is right on the money, but LSU fans don't want to hear any part of it.
    Good old Memorial Gym

Champ rangerdawg has a brilliant futurerangerdawg has a brilliant futurerangerdawg has a brilliant futurerangerdawg has a brilliant futurerangerdawg has a brilliant futurerangerdawg has a brilliant futurerangerdawg has a brilliant futurerangerdawg has a brilliant futurerangerdawg has a brilliant futurerangerdawg has a brilliant futurerangerdawg has a brilliant future

Quote Originally Posted by theprofessor View Post
    I guess I misinterpreted was Miles said. My take: Like many other coaches have done, he decided to reinstate Hill, but only if the team voted to allow him back. That's much different than saying it's not my decision, I'm leaving it up to the team. I believe that both Dooley and Dykes did similar things with suspended players when they were in Ruston.

I do think the timing is peculiar. Miles said he was going to allow the legal process to play out. Then, Hill's hearing was moved up 10 days to the first available court date after practice starts. That is not something that happens to "regular" people and is a legitimate criticism (one that's been made by folks who cover LSU sports, for those of you who think the media don't criticize LSU) of this process. Another legitimate criticism is that Miles announced "internal" punishment and didn't say whether or not Hill would be suspended. I've taken some criticism by several folks for my stance on this issue, and that's fine. While I've said, and still believe, that Hill shouldn't be kicked off the team, I do believe he deserves to be suspended for three or four games.
    Completely disagree with the first part of your statement. Miles is supposed to be a leader. You don't ask a bunch of 18-21 year old kids to make your decision for you, especially in a highly publicized case like this. Be a man and do whatever you are going to do, but don't put it on the kids and act like your hands are tied.

Hill needs some tough love which he is getting from no one, including, but not limited to, the judges or his coach. The whole point to me is that he is ON probation. I have to believe that if her were some normal kid, he would have gotten some jail time, if for nothing else, to wake him up. However, he is in the LsU system. Reference Honey Badger here.....in the system? It is about 10 strikes and you are out.

Champ theprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond repute theprofessor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rangerdawg View Post
    Completely disagree with the first part of your statement. Miles is supposed to be a leader. You don't ask a bunch of 18-21 year old kids to make your decision for you, especially in a highly publicized case like this. Be a man and do whatever you are going to do, but don't put it on the kids and act like your hands are tied.
    Maybe I'm not explaining myself well enough. I believe that Les Miles made his decision that he was going to reinstate Jeremy Hill. However, I believe he gave his team the opportunity to veto that decision. He wasn't going to bring Hill back if the players didn't feel he deserved to be back. That's SOP in a lot of locker rooms across the country, including in Ruston under our two previous coaches.
    the bold, the beautiful, theprofessor

Quote Originally Posted by theprofessor View Post
    Maybe I'm not explaining myself well enough. I believe that Les Miles made his decision that he was going to reinstate Jeremy Hill. However, I believe he gave his team the opportunity to veto that decision. He wasn't going to bring Hill back if the players didn't feel he deserved to be back. That's SOP in a lot of locker rooms across the country, including in Ruston under our two previous coaches.
    I understood exactly what you stated. If you are a leader, you make the tough choices alone. The tough choice that would have sent a REAL message to his team would have been to suspend him for the season. As it stands, you can be a registered sex offender, on probation, knock the crap out of an unsuspecting person while on video, and Ole Leslie has your back.....or at least your teammates do.

Big Dog 4 Life HoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond repute HoDo-Tech70's Avatar

Actually, I don't think that Jeremy Hill is a registered sex offender. He plead guilty to a misdemeanor carnal knowledge charge and this apparently does not require his name to be on the list. I would prefer a law that would put his name on the list for a specified length of time (up to 10 years). Removal from the list would require him to file a petition to the court.

Quote Originally Posted by HoDo-Tech70 View Post
    Actually, I don't think that Jeremy Hill is a registered sex offender. He plead guilty to a misdemeanor carnal knowledge charge and this apparently does not require his name to be on the list. I would prefer a law that would put his name on the list for a specified length of time (up to 10 years). Removal from the list would require him to file a petition to the court.
    I incorrectly assumed that carnal knowledge tagged the offender with sex offender for life. I stand correctly.

Champ Champ967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond repute Champ967's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ITdrummer View Post
    All I'm saying is that there are already 2 threads started on that POS thug. Copy and paste the link on one of those instead of starting a 3rd.

Champ JuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond repute JuBru's Avatar

Not as serious, but still a low.

Stay classy LSU.
    http://deadspin.com/lsu-frat-makes-f...-ca-1321099840

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

A couple of crude drunk guys with a bad idea. 20 years ago this gets the "well that's the Dekes" treatment. Today's social media is watching every move.

+ Reply to Thread