+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: LaTech gets a nice mention as a possible to Big XII

Super Moderator Tech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond repute Tech77's Avatar

Re: LaTech gets a nice mention as a possible to Big XII

Quote Originally Posted by Tech77 View Post
    You mean we're going to the Big XII?
    I was just imitating the Cajuns.
    Good old Memorial Gym

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by The Historian View Post
    I had a long conversation with Dr. Guice about this subject following the Baton Rouge event in May. I got the impression he was aware of the differing perceptions. As someone who spent 250 weeks on the road and touching all parts of the country and a few parts of the globe from 1996 to 2006, I can certainly attest to these differences.

I actually think it's more profound than even the individuals on this board realize.

I'll give just one example, but there are numerous others. I was in New York the day before the South Carolina Republican primary in 2000. In the middle of driving a snowstorm. I was on the subway leaving work to eventually head for Laguardia airport. As I often do, I was wearing a small Tech pin. In this case, it was on my overcoat. Two young girls, who appeared to be of Puerto Rican descent, were sitting across from me speaking spanish. One of them pointed to the pin, said something in Spanish, and then said "Lady Techsters".

When I wear that pin, it doesn't matter if it's Mexico City or Montreal, people associate it with Louisiana Tech. Whether it's our "crazy wide open offense" or "that's the schools Bradshaw and Malone went to" or "your girl's basketball is incredible" it is amazing the comments it generates.
    I have had the very same experiences in the states and out of the states. It is amazing how many people know just who we are and we are not associated with other Louisiana schools that they have never heard of...... Frankly, most people outside of Louisiana can name 3 universities in La. - lsu, Louisiana Tech, and Tulane. All three have great name recognition. No other school in the state has that. I wear my Tech cap a lot, Tech pin when dressed up, and have a couple of Tech ties. Always get comments.

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by champion110 View Post
    I have had the very same experiences in the states and out of the states. It is amazing how many people know just who we are and we are not associated with other Louisiana schools that they have never heard of...... Frankly, most people outside of Louisiana can name 3 universities in La. - lsu, Louisiana Tech, and Tulane. All three have great name recognition. No other school in the state has that. I wear my Tech cap a lot, Tech pin when dressed up, and have a couple of Tech ties. Always get comments.
    Yeah, it's amazing. Our university must have been doing something right the past 25 years . . . .
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Historian View Post
    I had a long conversation with Dr. Guice about this subject following the Baton Rouge event in May. I got the impression he was aware of the differing perceptions. As someone who spent 250 weeks on the road and touching all parts of the country and a few parts of the globe from 1996 to 2006, I can certainly attest to these differences.

I actually think it's more profound than even the individuals on this board realize.

I'll give just one example, but there are numerous others. I was in New York the day before the South Carolina Republican primary in 2000. In the middle of driving a snowstorm. I was on the subway leaving work to eventually head for Laguardia airport. As I often do, I was wearing a small Tech pin. In this case, it was on my overcoat. Two young girls, who appeared to be of Puerto Rican descent, were sitting across from me speaking spanish. One of them pointed to the pin, said something in Spanish, and then said "Lady Techsters".

When I wear that pin, it doesn't matter if it's Mexico City or Montreal, people associate it with Louisiana Tech. Whether it's our "crazy wide open offense" or "that's the schools Bradshaw and Malone went to" or "your girl's basketball is incredible" it is amazing the comments it generates.
    And don't forget Phil Robertson.

Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar

On a few occasions when mentioning I went to LA Tech, people are like, "yeah, that was where Jake Delhomme went to school." When I tell them where he went, they're always like, "Oh. Never heard of it." lol

Then I follow it up with, well, they're really one of our biggest rivals.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtydawg View Post
    Then I follow it up with, well, they're really one of our biggest rivals.
    When lsu is mentioned to me, I make a point to say that there is NO love between the two universities that represent Louisiana.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tech77 View Post
    I was just imitating the Cajuns.
    Don't EVER do that. That's just a bad idea.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

On a few occasions when mentioning I went to LA Tech, people are like, "yeah, that was where Jake Delhomme went to school." When I tell them where he went, they're always like, "Oh. Never heard of it." lol
    ??? Tongue in cheek right?? Folks would never mention Jake Delhomme with Tech or mention his name at all actually. Now TB and Malone.....yes all of the time with TECH.

Quote Originally Posted by TYLERTECHSAS View Post
    ??? Tongue in cheek right?? Folks would never mention Jake Delhomme with Tech or mention his name at all actually. Now TB and Malone.....yes all of the time with TECH.
    No. I'm serious. They know Delhomme is from Louisiana, but not LSU. So, since they've never heard of USL (ULL), I guess they think Tech. I'm sorry. I'm just understanding your point. Those who know who Jake Delhomme is.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

No. I'm serious. They know Delhomme is from Louisiana, but not LSU. So, since they've never heard of USL (ULL), I guess they think Tech. I'm sorry. I'm just understanding your point. Those who know who Jake Delhomme is.
    I see what you mean now.

+ Reply to Thread