+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Exercise/work out routine

Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar

Exercise/work out routine

Ok. I need to see if there are any heath trainers or PTs on the board that can recommend to me some sort of work out/exercise regiment to help me to lose weight. As some of you know, I have some health issues that have left my lungs pretty damaged to the point that if I exert myself, I get winded easily causing me to be on oxygen. Really, I should be on it full-time, but I can sit still, and not have any problems on most days, and at times can even walk a little without my oxygen on a good day as long as it's very slowly. I do recover fairly quickly. Anyway, I've been doing remarkably well with my treatments and feel I'm at the point I can get serious about losing this weight I've gained from the steroid and inactivity. I'm still on 5mg a day of prednisone, but I believe that with exercise and me watching my diet, that amount won't be significant enough to hinder any weight loss. Now I just need someone who knows what he/she is talking about to suggest a routine. I know I'm going to have to start walking, but I'd like to lose the weight a little faster than just walking will allow for. I haven't seen PTDawg post in a very long time, so I don't know if he's still around, so if there is any other PT or professional trainer or something close, please share your suggestions. Thanks.

Champ RhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond repute RhythmDawg's Avatar

Re: Exercise/work out routine

30 minutes of any sort of cardio or whatever you can stand, 5-6 days a week. Routine doesnt really matter. Zero grains. Zero sugar. 10 times more water than you drink now. Paleo plus organic dairy, full fat. This diet change will make the biggest difference.

I have a healthcare provider here is Ruston that can get you taken care of. Let me know if you want to come and see her. She specializes in trainwrecks...no offense meant because I was a trainwreck.

Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RhythmDawg View Post
    30 minutes of any sort of cardio or whatever you can stand, 5-6 days a week. Routine doesnt really matter. Zero grains. Zero sugar. 10 times more water than you drink now. Paleo plus organic dairy, full fat. This diet change will make the biggest difference.

I have a healthcare provider here is Ruston that can get you taken care of. Let me know if you want to come and see her. She specializes in trainwrecks...no offense meant because I was a trainwreck.
    For the most part, I've cut out nightshades and peppers which has helped. Have cut back on grains as well, but not there yet. Need to get a paleo book to read about it. I've received many suggestions on which books. Pretty much cut out dairy, except butter and cheese, and drink soy or almond milk instead. I need to get educated (wrap my mind around) the paleo diet to find the best way to start it taking into consideration my environment and income. Does your provider accept insurance?

Champ RhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond repute RhythmDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtydawg View Post
    For the most part, I've cut out nightshades and peppers which has helped. Have cut back on grains as well, but not there yet. Need to get a paleo book to read about it. I've received many suggestions on which books. Pretty much cut out dairy, except butter and cheese, and drink soy or almond milk instead. I need to get educated (wrap my mind around) the paleo diet to find the best way to start it taking into consideration my environment and income. Does your provider accept insurance?
    she does. She also has a membership model of which you have read about on BBB. She is a certified diabetic educator and Paleo extraordinar. She will teach you all you can learn. She will also tell you your body needs fat to burn fat. Do organic dairy and meat is fine with certain caveats. Bacon is not the devil. Neither are eggs. She will also go to the grocery store with you and teach you to shop.

Her patients, including me, are shedding weight, labs are normalizing, blood pressures are normalizing, and prescriptions are lessening.

Quote Originally Posted by RhythmDawg View Post
    she does. She also has a membership model of which you have read about on BBB. She is a certified diabetic educator and Paleo extraordinar. She will teach you all you can learn. She will also tell you your body needs fat to burn fat. Do organic dairy and meat is fine with certain caveats. Bacon is not the devil. Neither are eggs. She will also go to the grocery store with you and teach you to shop.

Her patients, including me, are shedding weight, labs are normalizing, blood pressures are normalizing, and prescriptions are lessening.
    PM me please. Goint to bed now.

Dirty, your inbox is full.

If you send me your full name, phone number, a day and time range, I will get you a phone appointment scheduled at no charge. You can interview her and discuss your goals and challenges of your current health status. She can help, and will take the time to do so.

Champ hambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond repute

Increase protein intake while limiting carbs (your body burns more calories digesting protein.) Small, frequent meals/healthy snacks (every 4 hours or so) instead of traditional large meals at breakfast-lunch-dinner. And of course exercise. If you want to do more than walking, try some body weight squats and/or lunges, if you are able. Weight lifting, even if not heavy, will benefit you as well. As rhythmdawg said, 30 min of cardio 5-6 days/week is a good start. Good luck Dirty

Champ hoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Chris29 View Post
    Increase protein intake while limiting carbs (your body burns more calories digesting protein.) Small, frequent meals/healthy snacks (every 4 hours or so) instead of traditional large meals at breakfast-lunch-dinner. And of course exercise. If you want to do more than walking, try some body weight squats and/or lunges, if you are able. Weight lifting, even if not heavy, will benefit you as well. As rhythmdawg said, 30 min of cardio 5-6 days/week is a good start. Good luck Dirty

There's some kind of protein diet sweeping Monroe ... ideal protein or something. Judge Joyce, ret. looks like he's lost a short ton.

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

I will second the diet change suggestion as a first step. I cut out wheat and have severely cut down on other grain intake. Dropped over 30 lbs in 15 months. Also leaves more room for fruits and meats, which I like better anyway.

I'm working on the diet aspect. I've gotten pretty familiar with the different weight loss diets and such and have decided on the carb/wheat elimination/limitation as I've done that before I was sick with much success. There's just so much new literature out there, that I'd like to read some of it and the paleo really interests me, but not sure how successful I will be at adhering to it. From the little I've seen so far, it would be a total life change for me. I pretty much (knock on wood) have my disease in control. I just have to deal with all the damage that's been done. Not having the lung use I had has been the hardest, so instead of trying to reinvent the wheel (or the will), I thought I'd ask around. Thanks for the suggestions.

+ Reply to Thread