+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 2013-14 deer season

Champ Choudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond repute Choudawg86's Avatar

2013-14 deer season

08110060.jpgnever to early, and yeah, I now the time isn't set, its meant to confuse you

Champ marketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond repute marketdawg's Avatar

Re: 2013-14 deer season

Have you seen the corn prices?! Is there a bulk place cheaper out your way?
    “Towie Barclay of the Glen, Happy to the maids, But never to the men.”

Champ Choudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond repute Choudawg86's Avatar

I just bought one bag the other day, like 9 bucks a bag or something like that. just bought it to put a little teaser on the ground before actually putting it in the feeder. gonna have to start looking for farmers that will make a deal

Champ marketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond repute marketdawg's Avatar

Our foodplots are coming in good after these rains. Got our stands ready, put out cameras, re-worked our mineral licks, and got our camp ready and organized for season yesterday. We've been very fortunate throughout the years and haven't had many hogs up until now. We got 'em now I'm not kidding when I tell you that if I shoot the big boar that's tearing up our place it'll make the local papers for sure. He's HUGE! Truly the biggest hog I've ever seen or heard of around here. His tracks look like a cow's tracks and I've gotten to see him crossing a road..and I thought it was a cow at first.

Super Moderator Tech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond repute Tech77's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by marketdawg View Post
    Our foodplots are coming in good after these rains. Got our stands ready, put out cameras, re-worked our mineral licks, and got our camp ready and organized for season yesterday. We've been very fortunate throughout the years and haven't had many hogs up until now. We got 'em now I'm not kidding when I tell you that if I shoot the big boar that's tearing up our place it'll make the local papers for sure. He's HUGE! Truly the biggest hog I've ever seen or heard of around here. His tracks look like a cow's tracks and I've gotten to see him crossing a road..and I thought it was a cow at first.
    As big as this one?:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monster_Pig
    Good old Memorial Gym

Not quite! I dug a hole near the trail and wallow the big boy is using, filled it with old corn, trace salt and poured a gallon of molasses over it. Then I put a trail cam right on the bait. Hope to be able to post some pics next week.

good hog.JPGI'm wondering if it isn't this guy from last year's trail cam that has beefed-up a lot. I'm not sure how much they grow per year but the one I saw would whip this one in a fair fight.

Super Moderator Tech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond repute Tech77's Avatar

Nice looking set-up.
    Good old Memorial Gym

Not quite! I dug a hole near the trail and wallow the big boy is using, filled it with old corn, trace salt and poured a gallon of molasses over it. Then I put a trail cam right on the bait. Hope to be able to post some pics next week.
    dont forget the koolaid !!

The pic above is NOT from my camera but is from the Winnsboro area.

one brave little piggy. . .

A buddy of mine just brought this to my attention...I already have a single shot rifle that qualifies but my old, single shot 12 gauge may be called on for duty this season:

Primitive Firearms Season

Still hunt only. See page 11 for specific hunting area dates. Specific WMAs will also be open. Check WMA schedule for specific details. A primitive firearms license is required for resident hunters between the ages of 16 and 59 inclusive and non-resident 16 years of age and older. Either-sex deer may be taken in all deer hunting areas EXCEPT in West Carroll Parish, and EXCEPT Deer Areas 4, 7, 9 and 10 as specified in deer hunting schedule. Consult deer hunting schedule for either-sex days for these parishes and areas, and as specified on public areas. It is unlawful to carry a gun, other than a primitive firearm, including those powered by air or other means, while hunting during the primitive firearm season. EXCEPT it is lawful to carry a .22 caliber rimfire pistol loaded with #12 shot (ratshot only).
    Youths 17 or younger may hunt eithersex deer with any legal weapon during the Primitive Firearms Season in each deer hunting area. Legal Primitive Firearms for Primitive Firearms Season include:
    1. Rifles or pistols, .44 caliber minimum, or shotguns 10 gauge or smaller, all of which must load exclusively from the muzzle or cap and ball cylinder, use black powder or approved substitute only, take ball or bullet projectile only, including saboted bullets, including primitive firearms known as “in line” primitive firearms, and
    2. Single shot, breech loading rifles, .35 caliber or larger, having an exposed hammer that use metallic cartridges loaded either with black powder or modern smokeless powder. All of the above may be fitted with magnified scopes.
    3. Single shot, breech loading shotguns, 10 guage or smaller, having an exposed hammer, loaded with buckshot or rifled slug.

A buddy of mine just brought this to my attention...I already have a single shot rifle that qualifies but my old, single shot 12 gauge may be called on for duty this season:

Primitive Firearms Season

Still hunt only. See page 11 for specific hunting area dates. Specific WMAs will also be open. Check WMA schedule for specific details. A primitive firearms license is required for resident hunters between the ages of 16 and 59 inclusive and non-resident 16 years of age and older. Either-sex deer may be taken in all deer hunting areas EXCEPT in West Carroll Parish, and EXCEPT Deer Areas 4, 7, 9 and 10 as specified in deer hunting schedule. Consult deer hunting schedule for either-sex days for these parishes and areas, and as specified on public areas. It is unlawful to carry a gun, other than a primitive firearm, including those powered by air or other means, while hunting during the primitive firearm season. EXCEPT it is lawful to carry a .22 caliber rimfire pistol loaded with #12 shot (ratshot only).
    Youths 17 or younger may hunt eithersex deer with any legal weapon during the Primitive Firearms Season in each deer hunting area. Legal Primitive Firearms for Primitive Firearms Season include:
    1. Rifles or pistols, .44 caliber minimum, or shotguns 10 gauge or smaller, all of which must load exclusively from the muzzle or cap and ball cylinder, use black powder or approved substitute only, take ball or bullet projectile only, including saboted bullets, including primitive firearms known as “in line” primitive firearms, and
    2. Single shot, breech loading rifles, .35 caliber or larger, having an exposed hammer that use metallic cartridges loaded either with black powder or modern smokeless powder. All of the above may be fitted with magnified scopes.
    3. Single shot, breech loading shotguns, 10 guage or smaller, having an exposed hammer, loaded with buckshot or rifled slug.
    wow, why even have a "primative weapon" season. kids can use any gun they want to from youth weekend (oct 12th) through the end of the regular season as well

Champ faninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond repute faninmonroe's Avatar

I am overrun with hogs......

+ Reply to Thread