+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 2013-14 deer season

Super Moderator Tech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond repute Tech77's Avatar

Re: 2013-14 deer season

Must be a vegan bear.
    Good old Memorial Gym

Champ marketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond repute marketdawg's Avatar

I never understood why vegans think that they care so much about the "pretty" animals that we shouldn't kill...then they take-up all of their land to grow the very food that vegans eat... that the "pretty" animals depend on.
    “Towie Barclay of the Glen, Happy to the maids, But never to the men.”

Champ marketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond repute marketdawg's Avatar

sq13.jpg

An oldie from back in the day..anybody that has seen the crazy guy wearing the Asian rice paddy hat at the tailgate in Ruston will realize that I've had a penchant for goofy hats for a long, long time.
    Just picked up my new Marlin 30/30 lever action. I'm done with all the fancy bolt actions in weird calibers. I'm going back to my roots and back to the rifle I grew up hunting with-only my pops decided he wanted it back after I got out of school. It's taken me this long and a bunch of different rifles to make me realize that the old school was the one that I was the best with. I can hardly wait for opening day!

Champ Choudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond repute Choudawg86's Avatar

scored this morning. now we're big buck hunting, which to Brendan, means 4pt or better
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Choudawg86 View Post
    scored this morning. now we're big buck hunting, which to Brendan, means 4pt or better
    Awesome! This made my whole day..Congrats!

On the eve of my 1st deer hunting/camping trip of the year I present a picture of my first deer ever..a stunning 1 and 1/2 point buck that i was; and will forever be, so very proud of. Notice that I have been "bloodied" on my cheeks by my father and that I am accompanied by the world's finest squirrel dog..Missy. This picture carries so many obvious and hidden treasures for my soul that it may very well be my favorite. Now it's not so much about the killing as it is about the camp, friends, and just getting out of the town but it all boils down to where it all began and I'm so very thankful for the opportunities and patience shown to me by my Dad and all of the other older hunting mentors in my life. Here's to all of us heading to the woods this weekend and I hope we are all fulfilled with either filled game tags or filled hearts, minds, and souls.1stdeer.jpg

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by marketdawg View Post
    On the eve of my 1st deer hunting/camping trip of the year I present a picture of my first deer ever..a stunning 1 and 1/2 point buck that i was; and will forever be, so very proud of. Notice that I have been "bloodied" on my cheeks by my father and that I am accompanied by the world's finest squirrel dog..Missy. This picture carries so many obvious and hidden treasures for my soul that it may very well be my favorite. Now it's not so much about the killing as it is about the camp, friends, and just getting out of the town but it all boils down to where it all began and I'm so very thankful for the opportunities and patience shown to me by my Dad and all of the other older hunting mentors in my life. Here's to all of us heading to the woods this weekend and I hope we are all fulfilled with either filled game tags or filled hearts, minds, and souls.Attachment 10974
    You really should consider submitting some of your writings to some outdoors publications. Better yet, combine it with advertising for your store. People love this kind of stuff.

Champ Choudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond repute Choudawg86's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by maddawg View Post
    You really should consider submitting some of your writings to some outdoors publications. Better yet, combine it with advertising for your store. People love this kind of stuff.
    I second that

Super Moderator Tech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond repute Tech77's Avatar

Nice lookin' young feller.
    Good old Memorial Gym

Fun opening weekend and we have WAY more deer on the property than the previous three seasons...No drought and the black tongue has apparently run its course. I saw 10 or more on the opening day and 4 more the next day. I'm going back this evening . BTW..when I clean a deer I get every bit! We ate the heart and tloins that evening while camping and we save the liver and kidneys for boudin.
    deer13 002.jpgdeer13 003.jpgdeer13 001.jpgdeer13 004.jpg

Also throw in a couple from this year's rabbit/squirrel woods..outdoors 003.jpgoutdoors 004.jpg

below Shreveport:
    Attached Images Attached Images

well, B missed his first BIG HUGE GIANT buck ever. looked like the nice 8pt I had on camera. well, got blood and somehow we trailed it a 1/4 mile through the dark but finally ran out. I'm so sick about it I feel like I could throw up.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Choudawg86 View Post
    well, B missed his first BIG HUGE GIANT buck ever. looked like the nice 8pt I had on camera. well, got blood and somehow we trailed it a 1/4 mile through the dark but finally ran out. I'm so sick about it I feel like I could throw up.
    Sorry to hear that. I know the feeling.

You know anybody with a trailing dog?

Read up on how to train your dog. I'm told it isn't that difficult to train a lab to blood trail deer.

Champ Champ967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond repute Champ967's Avatar

Thick traffic headed south on 167 this past Fri night. Like 100 mile convoy of pickem ups hauling 4-wheelers form LR to around Hampton.

Then tonight (Sunday) Ark Game & Fish had a checkpoint set up with the state cops just below Sheridan.

+ Reply to Thread