+ Reply to Thread

Thread: New to Forum but familiar with Skip Holtz

Puppy Green Moose is a jewel in the roughGreen Moose is a jewel in the roughGreen Moose is a jewel in the roughGreen Moose is a jewel in the roughGreen Moose is a jewel in the roughGreen Moose is a jewel in the roughGreen Moose is a jewel in the roughGreen Moose is a jewel in the roughGreen Moose is a jewel in the roughGreen Moose is a jewel in the roughGreen Moose is a jewel in the rough

New to Forum but familiar with Skip Holtz

Hey y'all. I'm a USF alum. I watched what he did to my Bulls program and wanted to stop in here because of the respect I have for Sonny Dykes and what La Tech has become. You have my deepest sympathies. I watched Holtz lose control of a football team to the point that a player tried to walk off the field at one point. His teammates coaxed him back out of the tunnel. Yes, that kid was acting like a child but the fact that it came to that point is my concern.

Notice when you hear a Skip Holtz press conference that he will not pause in between thoughts. It is just a total stream of consciousness purge that seems to go in circles. I respect La Tech and what they did. I loved the offense and how they handled their business under Dykes. I am very concerned about what Holtz will do what y'all have created. I know you're cupboards are somewhat bare but that your running game should be very good. I was curious if anyone had any insight on the TT transfer, Scotty Young, at QB.

Again, not trying to bash anything Bulldog related here. I've admired from a distance. However, I'm concerned for the future to such a proud brand of football. I've watched the USF recruiting taper off and the on field product was terrible. The lack of discipline was amazing. He stayed with BJ Daniels when anyone with an iota of football IQ could see that poor BJ just couldn't play pitch and catch. He was a great kid but not a good QB.

Thanks for any response and very curious what y'all think is going to happen this year based upon what the eye test is showing. Best of luck this season and sorry about Skip Holtz.

Moose

Champ rebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond repute rebelboi's Avatar

Re: New to Forum but familiar with Skip Holtz

welcome and come by anytime...maybe Tech can play USF in the future in AAC

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Green Moose View Post
    Thanks for any response and very curious what y'all think is going to happen this year based upon what the eye test is showing. Best of luck this season and sorry about Skip Holtz.

Moose
    Flamer

Champ Dixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond repute Dixonfor6's Avatar

He has this many red dots for something he observed? Thanks for the post, Moose.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dixonfor6 View Post
    He has this many red dots for something he observed? Thanks for the post, Moose.
    He is a flamer. Here only to flame our coach. Flamers get red dots.

Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Green Moose View Post
    Hey y'all. I'm a USF alum. I watched what he did to my Bulls program and wanted to stop in here because of the respect I have for Sonny Dykes and what La Tech has become. You have my deepest sympathies. I watched Holtz lose control of a football team to the point that a player tried to walk off the field at one point. His teammates coaxed him back out of the tunnel. Yes, that kid was acting like a child but the fact that it came to that point is my concern.

Notice when you hear a Skip Holtz press conference that he will not pause in between thoughts. It is just a total stream of consciousness purge that seems to go in circles. I respect La Tech and what they did. I loved the offense and how they handled their business under Dykes. I am very concerned about what Holtz will do what y'all have created. I know you're cupboards are somewhat bare but that your running game should be very good. I was curious if anyone had any insight on the TT transfer, Scotty Young, at QB.

Again, not trying to bash anything Bulldog related here. I've admired from a distance. However, I'm concerned for the future to such a proud brand of football. I've watched the USF recruiting taper off and the on field product was terrible. The lack of discipline was amazing. He stayed with BJ Daniels when anyone with an iota of football IQ could see that poor BJ just couldn't play pitch and catch. He was a great kid but not a good QB.

Moose
    I guess he should've slapped his players around like Leavitt did. If you're into Dykes so much, I'd rather you spend your time on the California boards than here bashing our coach who just happened to be successful where ever he was except USF. Maybe Holtz wasn't the problem. USF always played above their talent anyway in a much overrated Big East.

Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by maddawg View Post
    He is a flamer. Here only to flame our coach. Flamers get red dots.
    Exactly. I guess he prefers coaches who abuse their players.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Guess we'll find out soon enough if Skip can coach.

Champ olddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond repute

There appears to be a couple of missing posts from this thread, or I could be getting old.

+ Reply to Thread