+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Season Tickets

Varsity Bulldog sportkid is a glorious beacon of lightsportkid is a glorious beacon of lightsportkid is a glorious beacon of lightsportkid is a glorious beacon of lightsportkid is a glorious beacon of lightsportkid is a glorious beacon of lightsportkid is a glorious beacon of lightsportkid is a glorious beacon of lightsportkid is a glorious beacon of lightsportkid is a glorious beacon of lightsportkid is a glorious beacon of light sportkid's Avatar

Season Tickets

Just called the season ticket office to get my season tickets for the year(I know I'm late) but after talking to the ticket office, decided not to get them. Two reasons

1. The price of the season ticket was the same as the walk up price. Who does that? Give your season ticket hold a discout and drive up your single game prices. $160 season ticket price plus $15 processing fee - $175. Single game price - $35 X 5 games = $175). Something is wrong with our pricing. What would be the incentive to buy other than supporting your school? I have always supported the school but worry that John Doe consumer may not feel the same way so made a friendly suggestion to the ticket guy that they should look into that and was getting ready to buy my tickets.
    2. When I mentioned that to the ticket guy(didn't get his name), he couldn't come up with anything to say. Basically said, "so do you want the tickets or not?"

I support Tech, used to work in the athletic department, plan to be at all the home games, but will not be getting season tickets this year. Was disappointed in the service and Tech's effort to get my disposable income.

2005 & 2006 Pick 'Em Champion oledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant future oledawg66's Avatar

Re: Season Tickets

Quote Originally Posted by sportkid View Post
    Just called the season ticket office to get my season tickets for the year(I know I'm late) but after talking to the ticket office, decided not to get them. Two reasons

1. The price of the season ticket was the same as the walk up price. Who does that? Give your season ticket hold a discout and drive up your single game prices. $160 season ticket price plus $15 processing fee - $175. Single game price - $35 X 5 games = $175). Something is wrong with our pricing. What would be the incentive to buy other than supporting your school? I have always supported the school but worry that John Doe consumer may not feel the same way so made a friendly suggestion to the ticket guy that they should look into that and was getting ready to buy my tickets.
    2. When I mentioned that to the ticket guy(didn't get his name), he couldn't come up with anything to say. Basically said, "so do you want the tickets or not?"

I support Tech, used to work in the athletic department, plan to be at all the home games, but will not be getting season tickets this year. Was disappointed in the service and Tech's effort to get my disposable income.

You definitely have a point. Season tickets should provide an incentive for the season ticket holder. You can actually save more money by buying single game tickets on the east side on the day of the game, especially if they have any kind of special promotions towards the end of the season. But, that being said, season tickets are the gauge by which growth is measured and helps provide a solid base for the athletic department to build on. Hopefully you will go ahead and get yours, but either way, we'll see you at the games.

Champ GrassyNoleHitman is a name known to allGrassyNoleHitman is a name known to allGrassyNoleHitman is a name known to allGrassyNoleHitman is a name known to allGrassyNoleHitman is a name known to allGrassyNoleHitman is a name known to allGrassyNoleHitman is a name known to allGrassyNoleHitman is a name known to allGrassyNoleHitman is a name known to allGrassyNoleHitman is a name known to allGrassyNoleHitman is a name known to all

The price of the season ticket was the same as the walk up price. Who does that? Give your season ticket hold a discout and drive up your single game prices. $160 season ticket price plus $15 processing fee - $175. Single game price - $35 X 5 games = $175). Something is wrong with our pricing.
    agreed, there should be a discount for season tickets

What would be the incentive to buy other than supporting your school?
    if you have a good group around your season tickets it is nice to always have that same crew to hang out with at the games. if you don't care who is around you, then there is no advantage.

Varsity Bulldog TechME is a jewel in the roughTechME is a jewel in the roughTechME is a jewel in the roughTechME is a jewel in the roughTechME is a jewel in the roughTechME is a jewel in the roughTechME is a jewel in the roughTechME is a jewel in the roughTechME is a jewel in the roughTechME is a jewel in the roughTechME is a jewel in the rough

If you are under 30, I highly recommend the "young alumni" deal. This basically allows you to get a second set of season tickets for free, plus a parking pass. It also requires a $50 donation to LTAC (not sure if all season tickets do), so it would come out to $22.50 per ticket per game.

Champ LATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond repute

I completely agree.

I buy season tickets just to support the school. Frankly, the pricing makes it dumb.

Champ 70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute 70TECHGRAD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GrassyNoleHitman View Post
    agreed, there should be a discount for season tickets

if you have a good group around your season tickets it is nice to always have that same crew to hang out with at the games. if you don't care who is around you, then there is no advantage.
    Well, I'm a season ticket holder. I like knowing where I'm going to sit. So, for me, that is an advantage. My brother and best friend's family are season ticket holders and we know we will be sitting together. Also, it is good for the football team to know how much money they will have from season tickets when it comes time to make out their budget. My best friend of 46 years passed away at the TECH homecoming game last year doing what he liked to do....watch TECH football. I purchased his season ticket for this year. He always sat to my left. It might appear that no one is sitting beside me on my left this year....but I will know different.

Administrator qng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond repute qng001's Avatar

I have the perfect seat in OO. My friends are there and I like the fancy printed tickets. Discount or not, I'm still a season ticket purchaser. Our tickets are cheap! With our mid-career avg salary of $79.8k, I HOPE many Tech alumns can afford season tickets.

Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar

To be sure to have the same seats every year. I wish I hadn't given up my seats years ago when dirtybetrayer started playing ball when he was younger.

Champ Choudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond repute Choudawg86's Avatar

I've always had easy access to free tickets for games but choose instead to by the season package to help the school out. Maybe they should offer some discount for season tickets, maybe not, but it never has been nor will ever be about saving money for me. Seems that there are certain packages where you can save quite a bit of cash though.

Champ detltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond repute

This question has been brought up many times. I usually miss at least one game per year, so the season tickets are a "bad deal" for me, but I do it to support the school and the money aspect isn't a very big deal for me (it's pretty minor compared to my donation every year). The problem is for people who it is more of a struggle to buy the season tickets. Basically if you are going to miss even one game it's not worth it to buy the season tickets. I think they should try making the season ticket prices basically the equivalent of getting one game free and see what that does for sales. It may not work, but it would give people more of an incentive to buy the season tickets.

Big Dog DrDawg is a name known to allDrDawg is a name known to allDrDawg is a name known to allDrDawg is a name known to allDrDawg is a name known to allDrDawg is a name known to allDrDawg is a name known to allDrDawg is a name known to allDrDawg is a name known to allDrDawg is a name known to allDrDawg is a name known to all

I want the season tickets just so that I sit in the same seats every year. I guess I just like the view from those particular seats. Plus 50 years from now when they replace the seats again it will be cool to say that my family is the only family to ever sit in those seats at Tech football games.

Champ DawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond repute DawgFaninHous's Avatar

No one ss addressing what I considered the biggest issue in the 1st post and that is 'poor customer service'! I understand that was the norm with Bruce, but I sure hope this new young guy changes the attitudes and therefore the perception! The ticket office personnel are sometimes the only contact people or businesses have with Tech. If that is a bad experience, then we will never get where we need to go!

Champ Russdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Buy season tickets to SUPPORT THE FOOTBALL PROGRAM!! And the fact that it guarantees my seats right in the middle of the OO gang is such a cool plus!!!

Champ Russdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by DawgFaninHous View Post
    No one ss addressing what I considered the biggest issue in the 1st post and that is 'poor customer service'! The ticket office personnel are sometimes the only contact people or businesses have with Tech. If that is a bad experience, then we will never get where we need to go!
    Excellent point. I hope our ticket office is staffed by AWESOME TECH FANS who LOVE OUR UNIVERSITY and feel they are BLESSED TO SERVE THE TECH NATION!!!!! Enthusiasm and excitement ought to be brimming over in that office. If I lived in Ruston I'd apply for a job there tomorrow. In the case of this thread I hope the ticket rep did some "selling'" like "We'd really love to have your support through season tickets. It's an exciting, great new year in CUSA and our program is on the move up. We'd love to have you as a season ticket holder, have some nice promotions every game, and hope to see you in JAS often. Go Dawgs!!"...Show some enthusiasm and ask for the sale and support.

Administrator qng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond repute qng001's Avatar

I bought my tickets in Feburary before a MBB game. They were really nice. I received the "enthusiasm and excitement" treatment.

+ Reply to Thread