+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bossier City Griff's catches fire

Champ StrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond repute StrayDawg's Avatar

Re: Bossier City Griff's catches fire

There has to be a good "grease" joke in there somewhere, but this isn't really a time for jokes. Glad nobody was hurt. Hopefully they will rebuild quickly, and those folks won't be out of work for long.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by StrayDawg View Post
    There has to be a good "grease" joke in there somewhere, but this isn't really a time for jokes. Glad nobody was hurt. Hopefully they will rebuild quickly, and those folks won't be out of work for long.
    We think too much alike. Everybody got out okay, so the grease fire thing should be good to go...

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

And I just ate there last Wednesday for the first time . . .
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Champ Amos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgpix View Post
    And I just ate there last Wednesday for the first time . . .
    You didn't leave a hot camera battery there by mistake, did you?

Champ WWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond repute WWDog's Avatar

I used to live not far from there my senior year of HS. The burgers probably won't taste the same without the decades of grease built up.
    WWDog
    La Tech
    Region and hyphen free since 1894!

Champ Amos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by WWDog View Post
    I used to live not far from there my senior year of HS. The burgers probably won't taste the same without the decades of grease built up.
    Absolutely. I saw a show on one of the cable channels about hamburgers, and there is a burger joint named Dyer's in Memphis that has grease that is over 100 years old! They guard it like it is gold, and re-use it to deep fry all their burgers! They say that is what gives the burgers their distinct flavor. They say the hamburgers generate enough fat to keep the grease's volume from depleting.

http://www.yelp.com/biz/dyers-burgers-memphis

Champ StrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond repute StrayDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Amos Moses View Post
    Absolutely. I saw a show on one of the cable channels about hamburgers, and there is a burger joint named Dyer's in Memphis that has grease that is over 100 years old! They guard it like it is gold, and re-use it to deep fry all their burgers! They say that is what gives the burgers their distinct flavor. They say the hamburgers generate enough fat to keep the grease's volume from depleting.

I had never heard that story before, but they brag about it on the front page of their website.
    http://www.dyersonbeale.com/

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

You didn't leave a hot camera battery there by mistake, did you?
    I remember my first trip to Griff's. It was definitely worthy of pictures.

Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by StrayDawg View Post
    I had never heard that story before, but they brag about it on the front page of their website.
    http://www.dyersonbeale.com/
    I'm sorry, but I don't think I'd care to try that out. That just seems nasty and unhealthy, and I don't mean unhealthy from a grease standpoint. I honestly don't see how they're able to do that and stay open.

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtydawg View Post
    I'm sorry, but I don't think I'd care to try that out. That just seems nasty and unhealthy, and I don't mean unhealthy from a grease standpoint. I honestly don't see how they're able to do that and stay open.
    Take it easy, Grandpa.

Champ Cool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond repute

It's a gimmick. But technically true. The burgers are greasy and delicious.

Champ BoutThemDawgs has much to be proud ofBoutThemDawgs has much to be proud ofBoutThemDawgs has much to be proud ofBoutThemDawgs has much to be proud ofBoutThemDawgs has much to be proud ofBoutThemDawgs has much to be proud ofBoutThemDawgs has much to be proud ofBoutThemDawgs has much to be proud ofBoutThemDawgs has much to be proud ofBoutThemDawgs has much to be proud ofBoutThemDawgs has much to be proud of BoutThemDawgs's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by maddawg View Post
    We think too much alike. Everybody got out okay, so the grease fire thing should be good to go...
    Same reasoning I had in making fun of the Pike fire, no one got hurt and they did it themselves by being ding dongs and burning books in an older house.

Big Dog Sw is a name known to allSw is a name known to allSw is a name known to allSw is a name known to allSw is a name known to allSw is a name known to allSw is a name known to allSw is a name known to allSw is a name known to allSw is a name known to allSw is a name known to all Sw's Avatar

I'm sorry, but I'm not seeing your point!

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

In the video, the guy says they strain the grease nightly, lock it up, then, the next morning they take it out of lock and key and heat it up to burn off the cooties. Sounds delicious to me.
    Louisiana Tech University

+ Reply to Thread