+ Reply to Thread

Thread: NOLA Area Alumni Plans this Football Season

Puppy JHarp is on top of his/her gameJHarp is on top of his/her gameJHarp is on top of his/her gameJHarp is on top of his/her gameJHarp is on top of his/her gameJHarp is on top of his/her gameJHarp is on top of his/her gameJHarp is on top of his/her gameJHarp is on top of his/her gameJHarp is on top of his/her gameJHarp is on top of his/her game JHarp's Avatar

NOLA Area Alumni Plans this Football Season

Hey guys,

I recently graduated and moved to Greater New Orleans to start my new life, and I've been wondering about what to do when football season comes around. Do we have any usual hangouts down here to watch sports, drink, and talk about how things are going for Tech? Are there any area alumni organizations which hold monthly meetings, tailgates, etc.? Unfortunately, I won't be able to make every 5 hour commute to watch home games, but I'd love to support the Louisiana Tech community however I can.

(side note: I've been a free-member of BB&B for a few years but recently changed my profile name)

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Re: NOLA Area Alumni Plans this Football Season

JHarp, welcome and thanks for posting. I'm going to bump this so that it doesn't get lost on page two.

We have several North Shore guys and I think some NOLA guys too. I'll let them chime in.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Rule #1: Join LTAC.

Rule #2: Don't forget Rule #1.

Puppy JHarp is on top of his/her gameJHarp is on top of his/her gameJHarp is on top of his/her gameJHarp is on top of his/her gameJHarp is on top of his/her gameJHarp is on top of his/her gameJHarp is on top of his/her gameJHarp is on top of his/her gameJHarp is on top of his/her gameJHarp is on top of his/her gameJHarp is on top of his/her game JHarp's Avatar

I respect your comment on joining LTAC, but I mean something a little more tangible like regular events and programming in the area. I've heard of people going to a local bar/restaurant in Elmwood but nothing else, really. I know I'm one of many recent and future graduates in the area, and I'd like to see something more organic than just University-sponsored fundraising events.

Champ Cool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond repute

There is a Facebook page for NOLA area alum.

Champ GermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond repute GermDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JHarp View Post
    I respect your comment on joining LTAC, but I mean something a little more tangible like regular events and programming in the area. I've heard of people going to a local bar/restaurant in Elmwood but nothing else, really. I know I'm one of many recent and future graduates in the area, and I'd like to see something more organic than just University-sponsored fundraising events.

Contact bulldawg03 he's been working with Jimmy and runs the Facebook page, and would love any help/support.

Big Dog bulldawg03 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldawg03 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldawg03 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldawg03 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldawg03 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldawg03 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldawg03 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldawg03 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldawg03 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldawg03 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldawg03 is a glorious beacon of light bulldawg03's Avatar

Hey JHarp. Clearly I'm not as frequent on here as I used to be, but yes, we have an active Facebook page and try to pull together as much as possible.

The university had a great showing two years in a row at our Roadshow but moved it to Covington this year. I've been in touch with Jimmy and the gang and hopefully there will be two events next year - one on the North Shore and one of the South Shore. Otherwise, the university doesn't sponsor events down here - and hasn't for some time. And Germdawg is right, please like our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/LouisianaTe...NewOrleansArea to help build on the buzz down here.

We've also talked about getting a happy hour together sometime soon, and I'm very open to suggestions to organize something outside of football/basketball season.

Champ Tech78 is a splendid one to beholdTech78 is a splendid one to beholdTech78 is a splendid one to beholdTech78 is a splendid one to beholdTech78 is a splendid one to beholdTech78 is a splendid one to beholdTech78 is a splendid one to beholdTech78 is a splendid one to beholdTech78 is a splendid one to beholdTech78 is a splendid one to beholdTech78 is a splendid one to behold Tech78's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JHarp View Post
    Hey guys,

I recently graduated and moved to Greater New Orleans to start my new life, and I've been wondering about what to do when football season comes around. Do we have any usual hangouts down here to watch sports, drink, and talk about how things are going for Tech? Are there any area alumni organizations which hold monthly meetings, tailgates, etc.? Unfortunately, I won't be able to make every 5 hour commute to watch home games, but I'd love to support the Louisiana Tech community however I can.

(side note: I've been a free-member of BB&B for a few years but recently changed my profile name)

This isn't a football event, but you can go to an actual New Orleans sporting event featuring a top-notch Louisiana Tech men's basketball team Thursday night at Tulane with tip-off at 8:00. Check the basketball thread on who to call at Tulane to get yourself a discounted ticket - only $10. There will be quite a few Tech fans from all over in attendance. This is a special team!

+ Reply to Thread