+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: JJ: "Tony Romo offensive mind like Sean Payton's"

Champ Bigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond repute Bigdog13's Avatar

Re: JJ: "Tony Romo offensive mind like Sean Payton's"

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtydawg View Post
    I have to admit that I was going off of the little I've seen him play, so I took your advice and looked at some stats. Romo does have quite a few comebacks to his credit. 19 in fact. Of those 19 comebacks, only 5 of his opponents had winning records with 4 of them being double digit wins while the other had a tie. Which leaves him leading comebacks against 19 teams without winning record. 4 of those without winning records were teams with 8-8 break even tallies. So, that leaves 10 comebacks against teams that had losing records. Of those 10 teams with losing records, 7 of them (that's 70%) had double digit losses leaving only 3 with single digit losses at 9. Tough schedule to come back on I guess.
    I would say that his passer rating which in terms of his career is in the Top-5 and that is against all opponents placed in front of him. Narrowing down to just comebacks doesn't really tell the whole story. But that said this is the NFL. 4th quarter comebacks are difficult no matter who you are playing. Especially when doing it with a weak supporting cast. Last year he made a 4th Qtr. comeback against the NFC Champion 49ers on the road and he did it with a punctured lung.

Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bigdog13 View Post
    I would say that his passer rating which in terms of his career is in the Top-5 and that is against all opponents placed in front of him. Narrowing down to just comebacks doesn't really tell the whole story. But that said this is the NFL. 4th quarter comebacks are difficult no matter who you are playing. Especially when doing it with a weak supporting cast. Last year he made a 4th Qtr. comeback against the NFC Champion 49ers on the road and he did it with a punctured lung.
    Good point. I can't decide if I want to get into following the NFL again. I really lost my passion for it years ago when Emmitt Smith held out for a new contract. I was a big Emmitt Smith fan, and it just kind of soured me on pro sports after that as more and more players would have a great year then hold out for more. I understand why he did it, and the new contract was warranted as Emmitt continued to prove he deserved what he got, but so many of these other players seemed to "take it easy" after they got their money. Aaron Brooks especially comes to mind.

Champ Bigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond repute Bigdog13's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtydawg View Post
    Good point. I can't decide if I want to get into following the NFL again. I really lost my passion for it years ago when Emmitt Smith held out for a new contract. I was a big Emmitt Smith fan, and it just kind of soured me on pro sports after that as more and more players would have a great year then hold out for more. I understand why he did it, and the new contract was warranted as Emmitt continued to prove he deserved what he got, but so many of these other players seemed to "take it easy" after they got their money. Aaron Brooks especially comes to mind.
    The NBA is even worse than the NFL. When it is a "contract year" lots of crappy players produce incredible results. The next 3 years they suck. You are playing a game for a living, why would you not want to be the best you can be???

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Given this past week and the NE game, I'm not so sure that's quite the compliment it may have been before those two games.
    Time is your friend. Impulse is your enemy. -John Bogle

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Dang it. I was hoping to get Dallas in 2 weeks instead of Philly.

Bleacher Report@BleacherReport10m
    According to @AdamSchefter, #Cowboys QB Tony Romo is out the rest of the season due to his back injury http://bit.ly/19bdeQ7

Speaking of Romo. Did JJ really have him come back too soon. I wouldn't think Romo would want to risk his pro golf career (he's actually a really, really good golfer).

TONY ROMO (BROKEN COLLARBONE) SAID HE WILL HAVE A CT SCAN TO DETERMINE IF HE NEEDS SURGERY.
    TONY ROMO (BROKEN COLLARBONE) SAID HE WILL HAVE A CT SCAN TO DETERMINE IF HE NEEDS SURGERY.
    Source: David Helman on TwitterJanuary 23 12:32 PM

Romo mentioned the possibility of having a steel plate inserted to strengthen his thrice broken left collarbone, but that surgery would only be necessary if the most recent break did not heal properly. The CT scan will assess how well the healing process is going. Even if he needs surgery, Romo should be ready for training camp.

+ Reply to Thread