+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Why College Football Will Be Dead in 20 Years

Champ 70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute 70TECHGRAD's Avatar

Re: Why College Football Will Be Dead in 20 Years

Quote Originally Posted by Dogsince65 View Post
    thats not cool man, we graduated same year --- But we both would probably care less about living if College football went away -- by that time the grandkids will no longer think we are cool so .....
    Well, one thing is still on my bucket list....I want the Dawgs to go 12-0 and then, convincingly win their bowl game. I keep thinking every year....this will be the year. I really thought last year was going to be a great year until the wheels came off and we lost the last two games!! So, now I have my hopes up for this year. One good thing.......I was at the autograph signing in Ruston and said to hunter Lee, I think y'all are going to surprise some teams this year". He looked me right in the eyes and said, "Yes we are". Kenneth Dixon, D.J Banks, IK Enempali, and Scotty Young told me the same thing!!!

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

A certain poster posted on this forum several years ago that universities as we now know them are dinosaurs. They are already extinct...they just don't know it yet. That article addresses most of the key issues. It left out (or maybe not, cuz I just skimmed it) another critical issue in academics, namely, tenure for profs and the accreditation requirements/process that focuses on the wrong parameters. But, yes, in the shorter term, the athletics "arms race" will kill college sports and along with, many universities.

Champ Dogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond repute Dogsince65's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    A certain poster posted on this forum several years ago that universities as we now know them are dinosaurs. They are already extinct...they just don't know it yet. That article addresses most of the key issues. It left out (or maybe not, cuz I just skimmed it) another critical issue in academics, namely, tenure for profs and the accreditation requirements/process that focuses on the wrong parameters. But, yes, in the shorter term, the athletics "arms race" will kill college sports and along with, many universities.
    too early for me-- I am in Louis Armstrong mode--

+ Reply to Thread