+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Manziel Suspended.....

Champ hoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond repute

Re: Manziel Suspended.....

One would think the NCAA would throw the book at him and not let him buy the rims until after the first game.

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

File this one away. The next time someone gets suspended for a similar situation they will sue the NCAA or the school that hands down the sentence.

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

Johnny Football is now Johnny Hancock. His signatures were in-your-face to the NCAA.
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Champ StrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond repute StrayDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ITdrummer View Post
    Bottom line. No evidence. Period.
    If you are wrongly accused and your accuser has no evidence, why would you agree to any suspension at all?

If you are guilty and you can take a very small punishment, you do it so they can't come after you later unless they absolutely have a smoking gun.

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

Quote Originally Posted by StrayDawg View Post
    If you are wrongly accused and your accuser has no evidence, why would you agree to any suspension at all?

If you are guilty and you can take a very small punishment, you do it so they can't come after you later unless they absolutely have a smoking gun.
    You are advised to by your Counsel and School's Counsel to make it go away as quick as possible...
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne From Minden View Post
    You are advised to by your Counsel and School's Counsel to make it go away as quick as possible...
    This kid (Manziel) and his family are very, very wealthy. He comes fom very old oil money in east Texas. And his father was recently quoted saying, "yeah, we're still drawing money off those family wells. It ain't Garth Brooks money, but it's still a lot of money."

It's for this reason that I never believed Manziel took money for autographs anyway. He didn't need the money. Autograph money is child's play compared to the money this kid has access to .

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    This kid (Manziel) and his family are very, very wealthy. He comes fom very old oil money in east Texas. And his father was recently quoted saying, "yeah, we're still drawing money off those family wells. It ain't Garth Brooks money, but it's still a lot of money."
    Alot of the seed money was questionable leases his granddad came by in Claiborne Parish....

But yes - the NCAA knew this and they knew they didn't have a smoking gun and would lose bigtime if they pressed the issue so the deal was cut which was very favorable to Manziel
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Champ RealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond repute

It's the end of the issue unless the IRS finds something.

IRS has one tool that the NCAA doesn't...subpeona power. The autograph dealers who wouldn't spill to the NCAA might spill to the IRS if they are at risk of facing punishment themselves.

Champ JuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond repute JuBru's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RealityCheck View Post
    It's the end of the issue unless the IRS finds something.

IRS has one tool that the NCAA doesn't...subpeona power. The autograph dealers who wouldn't spill to the NCAA might spill to the IRS if they are at risk of facing punishment themselves.
    Are the Manziels democrats or republicans?

Champ aubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the ears aubunique's Avatar

Obviously Republicans. Democrats wouldn't be proud of such stuff. And would likely be poor people from Bienville Parish or maybe downtown Zwolle or some other progressive city even nearer the Sabine River.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post

It's for this reason that I never believed Manziel took money for autographs anyway. He didn't need the money. Autograph money is child's play compared to the money this kid has access to .
    You are correct about them having money, but read their family history. It reads like a mafia playbook and all but some questionable oil deals are petty crimes for little money that pile up.

Champ hoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by aubunique View Post
    Obviously Republicans. Democrats wouldn't be proud of such stuff. And would likely be poor people from Bienville Parish or maybe downtown Zwolle or some other progressive city even nearer the Sabine River.
    Yep, why buy the pen to sign some stuff when you can beat the crap out of a WWII veteran to buy some rims.

He's Sexy & He Knows It... SWarner63 has a reputation beyond reputeSWarner63 has a reputation beyond reputeSWarner63 has a reputation beyond reputeSWarner63 has a reputation beyond reputeSWarner63 has a reputation beyond reputeSWarner63 has a reputation beyond reputeSWarner63 has a reputation beyond reputeSWarner63 has a reputation beyond reputeSWarner63 has a reputation beyond reputeSWarner63 has a reputation beyond reputeSWarner63 has a reputation beyond repute

The NCAA is a complete and utter joke. It takes them a week to decide to suspend Johnny Manziel for half a game for "not doing anything", but it took them MONTHS to decide that Andrew Guillot who's had 3, (not 1, not 2) but THREE, knee surgeries that he could play one more year of college football. He had to go through a whole spring, summer, and half of fall camp to get approved to play this year!! Are you kidding me?!? Also, what about Ahmad Paige a few years ago? Kid takes something from GNC, checks the label to make sure nothing in it is bad, takes the supplement, then gets asked to take an NCAA drug test. 2 months later it comes up there is an illegal substance in there that wasn't on the label, and he gets suspended for a full year and loses his last year of college eligibility. Really? Can't play his final year because of something he didn't even do? Insane...

Or even me. I didn't get an athletic scholarship when I first came out of high school, but I did get college academic scholarships. I walk on to the football team, happen to be good at football so they give me a scholarship in that too. But the NCAA's rules are so ridiculously hard to understand and comply with, that I had to pay back thousands of dollars before I could play my junior year or I'd be ineligible because I had been "over-rewarded" and I "owed" the university money. How am I supposed to know how much money I'm allowed to get in scholarships? I thought the goal was to just be a good student and if you can, be a good athlete and everything would work out. Ridiculous...

This crap like this just blows my mind. The NCAA claims that college sports are "all about the student-athlete." RIIIIIIIIGHHTTT. That's why the biggest money maker in the sport gets a half game suspension for making thousands of dollars off of his autograph, but the kid just trying to play one more year of college sports gets suspended a whole year for a company lying to him about what's in their product. The whole system is a scam and a joke and a complete SLAP in the face to the athletes that work so hard to just play every year. The NCAA has done too much of this over the years and it's time for a change. I hope beyond hope that they get RUINED in this player lawsuit over money owed to players and a new system is born that is more efficient and gets rid of this blatant HYPOCRISY that is the NCAA.

Varsity Bulldog AgTech is a jewel in the roughAgTech is a jewel in the roughAgTech is a jewel in the roughAgTech is a jewel in the roughAgTech is a jewel in the roughAgTech is a jewel in the roughAgTech is a jewel in the roughAgTech is a jewel in the roughAgTech is a jewel in the roughAgTech is a jewel in the roughAgTech is a jewel in the rough

Apparently he was suspended for actions that led to someone profiting off of him. A&M profits off him every Saturday, but apparently no one else can. He should have known that signing that many autographs for someone was for them to resell. That's a risky one for the NCAA because there are many college athletes with thousands of autographs out there. So if Johnny should be suspended, then a whole lot of other ones should too. There's no way the NCAA wants Manziel, Clowney, Bridgewater, McCarron and the other big stars all sitting out, so I'm sure it's hoping no one will really push this.

I think it should have been a full game or nothing. I rarely think half a game is an appropriate suspension. That seems more patronizing, shady and insulting (to everyone - A&M and non-Aggies) than a real punishment.

Champ GermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond repute GermDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SWarner63 View Post
    The NCAA is a complete and utter joke. It takes them a week to decide to suspend Johnny Manziel for half a game for "not doing anything", but it took them MONTHS to decide that Andrew Guillot who's had 3, (not 1, not 2) but THREE, knee surgeries that he could play one more year of college football. He had to go through a whole spring, summer, and half of fall camp to get approved to play this year!! Are you kidding me?!? Also, what about Ahmad Paige a few years ago? Kid takes something from GNC, checks the label to make sure nothing in it is bad, takes the supplement, then gets asked to take an NCAA drug test. 2 months later it comes up there is an illegal substance in there that wasn't on the label, and he gets suspended for a full year and loses his last year of college eligibility. Really? Can't play his final year because of something he didn't even do? Insane...

Or even me. I didn't get an athletic scholarship when I first came out of high school, but I did get college academic scholarships. I walk on to the football team, happen to be good at football so they give me a scholarship in that too. But the NCAA's rules are so ridiculously hard to understand and comply with, that I had to pay back thousands of dollars before I could play my junior year or I'd be ineligible because I had been "over-rewarded" and I "owed" the university money. How am I supposed to know how much money I'm allowed to get in scholarships? I thought the goal was to just be a good student and if you can, be a good athlete and everything would work out. Ridiculous...

This crap like this just blows my mind. The NCAA claims that college sports are "all about the student-athlete." RIIIIIIIIGHHTTT. That's why the biggest money maker in the sport gets a half game suspension for making thousands of dollars off of his autograph, but the kid just trying to play one more year of college sports gets suspended a whole year for a company lying to him about what's in their product. The whole system is a scam and a joke and a complete SLAP in the face to the athletes that work so hard to just play every year. The NCAA has done too much of this over the years and it's time for a change. I hope beyond hope that they get RUINED in this player lawsuit over money owed to players and a new system is born that is more efficient and gets rid of this blatant HYPOCRISY that is the NCAA.
    I've always heard about the hypocrisy and pain in the butt the NCAA is just figured it was typical bureaucracy inefficiency, that most of the players who just played straight out (i.e. no waivers needed, etc) wouldn't have to deal with, but this makes me think it's just a huge institutional failure top-to-bottom and gets me more on the side of starting over.

+ Reply to Thread