+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Manziel Suspended.....

Varsity Bulldog dadawgula is a jewel in the roughdadawgula is a jewel in the roughdadawgula is a jewel in the roughdadawgula is a jewel in the roughdadawgula is a jewel in the roughdadawgula is a jewel in the roughdadawgula is a jewel in the roughdadawgula is a jewel in the roughdadawgula is a jewel in the roughdadawgula is a jewel in the roughdadawgula is a jewel in the rough

Re: Manziel Suspended.....

Quote Originally Posted by SWarner63 View Post
    The NCAA is a complete and utter joke. It takes them a week to decide to suspend Johnny Manziel for half a game for "not doing anything", but it took them MONTHS to decide that Andrew Guillot who's had 3, (not 1, not 2) but THREE, knee surgeries that he could play one more year of college football. He had to go through a whole spring, summer, and half of fall camp to get approved to play this year!! Are you kidding me?!? Also, what about Ahmad Paige a few years ago? Kid takes something from GNC, checks the label to make sure nothing in it is bad, takes the supplement, then gets asked to take an NCAA drug test. 2 months later it comes up there is an illegal substance in there that wasn't on the label, and he gets suspended for a full year and loses his last year of college eligibility. Really? Can't play his final year because of something he didn't even do? Insane...

Or even me. I didn't get an athletic scholarship when I first came out of high school, but I did get college academic scholarships. I walk on to the football team, happen to be good at football so they give me a scholarship in that too. But the NCAA's rules are so ridiculously hard to understand and comply with, that I had to pay back thousands of dollars before I could play my junior year or I'd be ineligible because I had been "over-rewarded" and I "owed" the university money. How am I supposed to know how much money I'm allowed to get in scholarships? I thought the goal was to just be a good student and if you can, be a good athlete and everything would work out. Ridiculous...

This crap like this just blows my mind. The NCAA claims that college sports are "all about the student-athlete." RIIIIIIIIGHHTTT. That's why the biggest money maker in the sport gets a half game suspension for making thousands of dollars off of his autograph, but the kid just trying to play one more year of college sports gets suspended a whole year for a company lying to him about what's in their product. The whole system is a scam and a joke and a complete SLAP in the face to the athletes that work so hard to just play every year. The NCAA has done too much of this over the years and it's time for a change. I hope beyond hope that they get RUINED in this player lawsuit over money owed to players and a new system is born that is more efficient and gets rid of this blatant HYPOCRISY that is the NCAA.
    You should tell your situation in more detail and send this letter to every newspaper and online sports site in America to show that the NCAA is a total joke when it comes to enforcement. Thanks for your insight.

Champ Cool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by aubunique View Post
    Obviously Republicans. Democrats wouldn't be proud of such stuff. And would likely be poor people from Bienville Parish or maybe downtown Zwolle or some other progressive city even nearer the Sabine River.
    Aub, run down to Wal Mart and get the nut pill prescription refilled.

Champ longdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by aubunique View Post
    Obviously Republicans. Democrats wouldn't be proud of such stuff. And would likely be poor people from Bienville Parish or maybe downtown Zwolle or some other progressive city even nearer the Sabine River.
    Ah, Logansport gotcha.

Champ 70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute 70TECHGRAD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cool Hand Clyde View Post
    Aub, run down to Wal Mart and get the nut pill prescription refilled.
    I'll second that...especially after the Democrats shoved Obama Care down our throats!!!!!!

Champ Dogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond repute Dogsince65's Avatar

I have not read all the posts , so forgive if someone else has posted this opinion. How many issues of Sports Illustrated were sold with this as cover story? How many times have we heard Sports Ilustrated reports.... ad infinitum!! This story is worth millions in advertising and issues sold--- think about that, we all assume he sold 4-5k worth of signatures, but that has not been proved ( i personally believe it but not the point) --does anyone but me feel this whole story is black mark against credibility of SI-- just post a BIG story but absolutely no evidence. Story ranks ( ranks= stinks) in so many ways. Do Not take as supporting him, just my feelings coming thru about the credibility of the media in general---

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

Quote Originally Posted by Dogsince65 View Post
    I have not read all the posts , so forgive if someone else has posted this opinion. How many issues of Sports Illustrated were sold with this as cover story? How many times have we heard Sports Ilustrated reports.... ad infinitum!! This story is worth millions in advertising and issues sold--- think about that, we all assume he sold 4-5k worth of signatures, but that has not been proved ( i personally believe it but not the point) --does anyone but me feel this whole story is black mark against credibility of SI-- just post a BIG story but absolutely no evidence. Story ranks ( ranks= stinks) in so many ways. Do Not take as supporting him, just my feelings coming thru about the credibility of the media in general---
    No I believe he signed multiple sessions for a broker -

I believe the evidence was there to support that -

What could not be proved was the he personally benefited from it - i.e. tying the cash back to him or the family just like Cam and the bag man...

He is as guilty as sin, but it can't be proven and the NCAA knows they would lose in court sans the outcome
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dogsince65 View Post
    I agree with what you're saying . . . but ESPN reporter Darren Rovell broke this story, not SI.
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne From Minden View Post
    No I believe he signed multiple sessions for a broker -

I believe the evidence was there to support that -

What could not be proved was the he personally benefited from it - i.e. tying the cash back to him or the family just like Cam and the bag man...

He is as guilty as sin, but it can't be proven and the NCAA knows they would lose in court sans the outcome
    And the Manziel family and Tyler Mafia gets to slide by again.

Varsity Bulldog HounDoggy1 is a jewel in the roughHounDoggy1 is a jewel in the roughHounDoggy1 is a jewel in the roughHounDoggy1 is a jewel in the roughHounDoggy1 is a jewel in the roughHounDoggy1 is a jewel in the roughHounDoggy1 is a jewel in the roughHounDoggy1 is a jewel in the roughHounDoggy1 is a jewel in the roughHounDoggy1 is a jewel in the roughHounDoggy1 is a jewel in the rough
    Shreveport / Destin / Toledo Bend/Grand Isle

Just heard about Johnny Football's first-half suspension for Saturday's Rice game. His mom and dad say that he may feel more comfortable serving the suspension off the field and in a more familiar and comfortable surrounding.

Therefore, they will be setting up a temporary air-conditioned tent for him at the main gate at Kyle Field where he will be signing autographs during the entire (suspension) first half.

As usual, he will only be accepting "cash".

Champ JuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond repute JuBru's Avatar

Selfish dingleberry.

Champ ChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by JuBru View Post
    Selfish dingleberry.
    LOL!

Champ mikedog has a reputation beyond reputemikedog has a reputation beyond reputemikedog has a reputation beyond reputemikedog has a reputation beyond reputemikedog has a reputation beyond reputemikedog has a reputation beyond reputemikedog has a reputation beyond reputemikedog has a reputation beyond reputemikedog has a reputation beyond reputemikedog has a reputation beyond reputemikedog has a reputation beyond repute mikedog's Avatar

Manziel had the audacity to taunt Rice players about signing them autographs. No class. It's going to be weird pulling for Alabama in a few weeks.

Champ RunwayDawg55 is a splendid one to beholdRunwayDawg55 is a splendid one to beholdRunwayDawg55 is a splendid one to beholdRunwayDawg55 is a splendid one to beholdRunwayDawg55 is a splendid one to beholdRunwayDawg55 is a splendid one to beholdRunwayDawg55 is a splendid one to beholdRunwayDawg55 is a splendid one to beholdRunwayDawg55 is a splendid one to beholdRunwayDawg55 is a splendid one to beholdRunwayDawg55 is a splendid one to behold RunwayDawg55's Avatar

Time this "kid" grows the hell up. Not sure what its going to take, but the call by Sumlin to pull him from the game was absolutely correct.

Champ JuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond repute JuBru's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RunwayDawg55 View Post
    Time this "kid" grows the hell up. Not sure what its going to take, but the call by Sumlin to pull him from the game was absolutely correct.
    Do you really believed he pulled him for that? Come on. This is the SEC.

Champ RunwayDawg55 is a splendid one to beholdRunwayDawg55 is a splendid one to beholdRunwayDawg55 is a splendid one to beholdRunwayDawg55 is a splendid one to beholdRunwayDawg55 is a splendid one to beholdRunwayDawg55 is a splendid one to beholdRunwayDawg55 is a splendid one to beholdRunwayDawg55 is a splendid one to beholdRunwayDawg55 is a splendid one to beholdRunwayDawg55 is a splendid one to beholdRunwayDawg55 is a splendid one to behold RunwayDawg55's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JuBru View Post
    Do you really believed he pulled him for that? Come on. This is the SEC.
    Regardless of any alternate meaning behind it, it was still the right call.

+ Reply to Thread