+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: All I Have to say

Champ ChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond repute ChipDog's Avatar

Re: All I Have to say

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    R u kidding? He had some terrible punts, just when we didn't need 'em. He was "short stepping" most of his punts today.....I guess because he's concerned about the opposing rush.

And I'll never understand why we can't get a kicker to kick the ball into the end zone like everyone else? That "pooch kick" kicking game is killing our field position right from the opening kickoff.
    Averaged 36 yards punting. People who have been watching practice since beginning of last season were expecting to see Shouse when Ryan left

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Houston Techsan View Post
    I watched the game. First game jitters and not knowing one another We will not lose another game this year. This is my predictiction. The rest of you nay sayers and complainers can go to hell. I will not read you comments.
    Agreed...... I think Rice will be our toughest game. We do need to make some improvements, but yesterday seemed mostly like first game mistakes. NC State did a better job yesterday, but we will rebound and be just fine this year. I think it is just hard going from the #1 offense in the country to what we saw with our young team.

Champ dawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the rough

I think we showed a lot of signs of a young team yesterday. If the passing game can develop enough to keep defenses honest against the run -- and I think it can and will, we're going to be fine. The schedule does get a bit easier...although don't look now but Lamar's QB threw 6 first half tds on their way to a 75 point routing of some D2 school.

I watched a bit of Cal/Northwestern last night, and I heard a lot of complimentary things about us last year. I think right now it's hard for all of us to get used to not being the NCAA version of 'the greatest show on turf'.

Champ dawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by ChipDog View Post
    Averaged 36 yards punting. People who have been watching practice since beginning of last season were expecting to see Shouse when Ryan left
    Has anyone figured out the story there? Too much inconsistency?

Champ JDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant future JDubyadawg's Avatar

Dixon fumbles, King fumbles, IK fumbles away a key interception and all of them are at crucial momentum changing points in the game. NCS had possession of the ball nearly 41 minutes of the game. This looked like a game where we had a mostly new coaching staff working with a lot of players who were new or with limited experience. I think it's been stated somewhere else but compare this first game under Holtz to Dykes first game against Grambling - we are way ahead in that progress report.

Champ ChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond repute ChipDog's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JDubyadawg View Post
    Dixon fumbles, King fumbles, IK fumbles away a key interception and all of them are at crucial momentum changing points in the game. NCS had possession of the ball nearly 41 minutes of the game. This looked like a game where we had a mostly new coaching staff working with a lot of players who were new or with limited experience. I think it's been stated somewhere else but compare this first game under Holtz to Dykes first game against Grambling - we are way ahead in that progress report.
    From the stands it just looked like we fumbled away a win, and that our QB, possibly due to nerves, telegraphed every pass; and he either forgot or disregarded there was a slot receiver open much of the time.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

From the stands it just looked like we fumbled away a win, and that our QB, possibly due to nerves, telegraphed every pass; and he either forgot or disregarded there was a slot receiver open much of the time.
    This^^^^^

Do we even have a Tight End? That NCSU defense was begging for us to burn them with Passes over the middle.

NCSU KNEW LA Tech couldn't --or wouldn't-- throw the ball down field, so they stacked their coverage very tight. That made it tough to successfully throw our usual plethora of "screen" passes. Again, we were OUT-COACHED.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

This^^^^^

Do we even have a Tight End? That NCSU defense was begging for us to burn them with Passes over the middle.

NCSU KNEW LA Tech couldn't --or wouldn't-- throw the ball down field, so they stacked their coverage very tight. That made it tough to successfully throw our usual plethora of "screen" passes. Again, we were OUT-COACHED.

Champ Rooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond repute Rooster's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    LA Tech was badly out coached today. Turnovers, foolish penalties, horrible special teams play (the kicking game from both our punter and kicker was abysmal), poor tackling (what's with the "shoulder" tackling anyway?), and our QB's inability to even TRY to stretch the field, are all hallmarks of a poorly coached team. I expected more from Holtz.

Yes, we lost 32 seniors from last year's team. Well, boo hoo. It's time for the new guys to step up. That's what GOOD football players do.
    I agree...what I did like what Skip taking responsibility for it, unlike Bicknell or Dykes...NC St was in the same boat as us, new coaching staff. I told several of my friends via text messaging at half time that we are not stretching the field enough. You have to throw the deep ball some. I put in slow motion how not to tackle to show my 2 sons. Going in with head down, arm tackling...I think that is what I am disappointed about most, the lack of fundamental tackling from our defense. I will give kicking game a pass on game 1, even QB, but defense must tackle better and corners must NOT line up 12 yards from WR. I feel confident this coaching staff will get it straight. I have a lot of confidence in Coach Moore with OL, Coach Peterson on offense...we will look a lot better next week. Next 2 weeks are must wins for us, MUST WINS.
    “Ability is what you're capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it.”
    Lou Holtz - Football Coach

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have." - Thomas Jefferson

"Bring back the rotary phone so we don't have to press 1 for English."
    www.casadice.com

Champ Lotsudo has a brilliant futureLotsudo has a brilliant futureLotsudo has a brilliant futureLotsudo has a brilliant futureLotsudo has a brilliant futureLotsudo has a brilliant futureLotsudo has a brilliant futureLotsudo has a brilliant futureLotsudo has a brilliant futureLotsudo has a brilliant futureLotsudo has a brilliant future

I hope we don’t take Lamar lightly!

http://www.ncaa.com/news/football/ar...t-ways-fcs-fbs

“Eight teams post upset victories against ‘the big boys’ in Week 1”

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

After a day to think about it, I think this whole season wil come down to coaches. I think the players are capable of more and better than we saw this weekend. Our coach has HC experience and we will know if he is the guy for the job very soon. Wholesale changes are not needed and we don't have the bodies for that anyway. However, improvement is needed everywhere. Can our coach motivate and tea h our kids to play more sound football? That is it.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Two things I hope to see next week:

- Young doing well enough to be replaced just after halftime.

- More guys getting a shot in some of the DB positions.

Quote Originally Posted by maddawg View Post
    Two things I hope to see next week:

- Young doing well enough to be replaced just after halftime.

- More guys getting a shot in some of the DB positions.
    Now that you mention it, looking at other team's stats you typically see lots of tackles credited to the backup DBs. Why not ours? Why don't we sub more? As an example I noticed Conner Nichols is 2nd S but he never went in the game and it was over 90 degrees on the field in direct sun. Someone please explain?

Champ 70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute 70TECHGRAD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RUBLUE View Post
    All I have to say is I am getting on a jet in FWA Friday afternoon and I will eat at Ponchatulas Friday night and Spend Saturday at my favorite place on earth!
    We needed that post! Green for you.....you deserve some green.

Varsity Bulldog Jacksonian is a jewel in the roughJacksonian is a jewel in the roughJacksonian is a jewel in the roughJacksonian is a jewel in the roughJacksonian is a jewel in the roughJacksonian is a jewel in the roughJacksonian is a jewel in the roughJacksonian is a jewel in the roughJacksonian is a jewel in the roughJacksonian is a jewel in the roughJacksonian is a jewel in the rough

One of the commentators yesterday said something akin to "This team obviously has the talent to be a great team, they just haven't been able to mesh with all the new players and coaching staff". I was glad he said it and I agree.

+ Reply to Thread