+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 2013-2014 Duck Season

Champ marketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond repute marketdawg's Avatar

2013-2014 Duck Season

Fishing on Lake Claiborne this AM and the teal were everywhere at dawn. Looks like the season and migration are just about timed right this year. Also saw several large flights throughout the day.
    “Towie Barclay of the Glen, Happy to the maids, But never to the men.”

Champ Choudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond repute Choudawg86's Avatar

Re: 2013-2014 Duck Season

Well, got in another lease this year with some friends. they've been in it for several years and its been pretty steady. Its more of a beaver pond up in the Merrouge area.

Champ marketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond repute marketdawg's Avatar

P9010030.JPGP9010033.JPGP9010035.JPG
    Not ducks but I got invited on a dove hunt in Arkansas this past Sunday. We had a great shoot at a fantastic place. Awesome lodge on a game preserve. Kinda weird dove hunting and a zebra walks by. Then a bunch of elk, ... three different types of antelopes, emus with baby emus in tow (the babies weigh about 25 lbs), nilgai, other stuff I'd never seen nor knew the names of.... Not to mention whitetail bucks the size of which I can only describe as awe-inspiring. It was pretty cool!

Champ Choudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond repute Choudawg86's Avatar

well took the boy dove hunting this morning. we wound up having two important areas, the tree of death and the tree of life. every dove that made the mistake of coming to the tree of death hit the ground, the ones choosing the tree of life, only a few yard further than the tree of death, lived to get shot at another day. He got 8 total and was PUMPED. I knew goatweed had to be good for something and I think I finally found what that was.

Teal hunted Sunday before last around Plain Dealing and droppped 4 out of one flock. Saw several other groups but they weren't working close to me. Went back that Monday and changed locations. Only saw two teal and I kept them from landing in my decoys (at about 10 yards out) by firing; rapidly and ineffectively, in their direction. Went back this past Sunday and we only saw one bunch and none close. The mosquitoes were fearsome! Some were big enough to stand, flat-footed, and mate with a turkey and they apparently are unaffected by any amount of DEET.

Super Moderator Tech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond repute Tech77's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by marketdawg View Post
    Teal hunted Sunday before last around Plain Dealing and droppped 4 out of one flock. Saw several other groups but they weren't working close to me. Went back that Monday and changed locations. Only saw two teal and I kept them from landing in my decoys (at about 10 yards out) by firing; rapidly and ineffectively, in their direction. Went back this past Sunday and we only saw one bunch and none close. The mosquitoes were fearsome! Some were big enough to stand, flat-footed, and mate with a turkey and they apparently are unaffected by any amount of DEET.
    Looks like that place would be perfect for teal, but for some reason it doesn't attract them that much.
    Good old Memorial Gym

There was so much new water all around after those rains we didn't stand a chance. All the fields on both the north and south of the road going to the farmhouse were flooded. TECH77:On a bright note the water levels in our hole is looking good. We are overrun by nutria though. Must've seen 15 or so that morning. Charlie and I rode around to all the blinds and got rid of wasps, ect and all we need to do is brush blinds now. The native vegetation grew-up around the blinds real nice this year so they blend in great. Chuck mowed some bigger holes around the blinds so if we get some birds down it ough to be a good year.

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck to everyone this season. Taking the year off to focus on deer hunting with my little boy.

Quote Originally Posted by techman05 View Post
    Good luck to everyone this season. Taking the year off to focus on deer hunting with my little boy.
    there ya go. ever since my son has gotten old enough to shoot the gun I hate to even go without him, just doesn't seem right. couldn't stand the thought of having a big'o deer come out on me and him not be there to lay him down. guess what my dad said was true, "I'd rather see you get the big buck than me"

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

There is nothing like it. When your son wants to watch Tech f-ball and b-ball with you, sit in a deer stand with you, or asks to sit in "big church" I don't think there is much out there better than that. At least not for me.

Puppy chathamdawgfan is a jewel in the roughchathamdawgfan is a jewel in the roughchathamdawgfan is a jewel in the roughchathamdawgfan is a jewel in the roughchathamdawgfan is a jewel in the roughchathamdawgfan is a jewel in the roughchathamdawgfan is a jewel in the roughchathamdawgfan is a jewel in the roughchathamdawgfan is a jewel in the roughchathamdawgfan is a jewel in the roughchathamdawgfan is a jewel in the rough

IMG_0642.JPGBBB PIC1.jpg

Couple of pics from Saturday. By far our best hunt of the season so far.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by chathamdawgfan View Post
    Attachment 11169Attachment 11170

Couple of pics from Saturday. By far our best hunt of the season so far.
    One of those, "as good as it gets" hunts. My shoulder is bruised from missing so much. I'm using the wind as my excuse.

Super Moderator Tech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond repute Tech77's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by maddawg View Post
    One of those, "as good as it gets" hunts. My shoulder is bruised from missing so much. I'm using the wind as my excuse.
    How come you're holding all the greenheads?
    Good old Memorial Gym

Quote Originally Posted by maddawg View Post
    Now that I think about it, the wind is always blowing 25mph when I duck hunt. Valid reason.:icon_wink:

I've been busy this holiday retail season (thank goodness0 and have been remiss in posting pics. I'm sure DFM was worried that something had happened to me so I'm catching up. Here are a few pics from the Plain Dealing Duck Club which includes one TECH77. One from teal season, one before retail season pic, my xmas morning and new years morning hunts. When you own a retail business during the holidays you gotta hunt when you can...we'll get all the sleep we need when we die 2014 hunt.jpg2014 hunt 006.jpg2014 hunt 001.jpg2014 hunt 004.jpg And one pic from the flooded creek bottoms of Grand Cane earlier in the season..drakes only.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by marketdawg; 01-02-2014 at 06:47 PM.

+ Reply to Thread