+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 2013-2014 Duck Season

Champ Choudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond repute Choudawg86's Avatar

Re: 2013-2014 Duck Season

Beautiful place man. question what is that on 77's head ???

Champ Choudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond repute Choudawg86's Avatar

my lab that is 2 years old has hunted with me on darbonne creek on our place and in the soughs and beaver ponds. got in a lease this year in Collingston and her world has expanded, also had to hunt with another dog. a DANG SHO'NUFF GOOD dog. I think she's learned a lot, but, she's also seen that black bitch (I can say that, its a dog) get the majority of the birds due to how good she is on the longer retrieves. well, my blonde bitch is tired of seeing said black bitch do this and has now decided not to wait for the command to fetch up the ducks, instead she goes when she's ready and she's ready at the sound of the first shot. a rope I'm bringing next time will prob take care of this little prob. anyway, I've had a blast this year duck hunting, more birds, more fun, happy happy happy.

misty ducks.jpg

Super Moderator Tech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond repute Tech77's Avatar

Re marketdawg pics: Pic 2 -- Love the hat. No, seriously.
    Good old Memorial Gym

Super Moderator Tech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond repute Tech77's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Choudawg86 View Post
    Beautiful place man. question what is that on 77's head ???
    You need to adjust your glasses.
    Good old Memorial Gym

Quote Originally Posted by Tech77 View Post
    You need to adjust your glasses.

LOL, my apologies

Quote Originally Posted by Choudawg86 View Post
    LOL, my apologies
    To Ross, you mean. LOL
    Good old Memorial Gym

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Anybody tough enough to try it the last couple of days? I crossed the Ouachita River on the way to work this morning. It had ice. THATS cold!

my friend Marty went yesterday and limited out in Start. said the ice wasn't to bad. now, what "not to bad" is to marty is the 10,000 dollar question

Champ marketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond repute marketdawg's Avatar

We tried it Sunday AM in some flooded timber and didn't do diddly. We deer hunted Sunday PM and the trees were swaying so bad from the wind I got ouot of my stand and hunted from the ground. We camped out Sunday night and survived.....barely. I deer hunted the next morning for a very brief period of time. 17 degrees was a bit too much for me.
    “Towie Barclay of the Glen, Happy to the maids, But never to the men.”

Champ marketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond repute marketdawg's Avatar

BTW Choudawg: Beautiful pic that truly captures a lab's heart. I used to go with my old man lab and until his last hunt he was the most stalwart of us as far as watching for them. Matter of fact the last hunt I took my lab; Catfish, on was with your old buddy Charlie and on the way back to the truck, cancer, cold and all he ran off into the woods and got a wood duck we thought was lost from earlier in the day. I hope I still have "It" as bad as my old labs and my dad does (to this day) when I'm their age

Matter of fact: your post got me to thinking about my old man and I searched; long and hard, and found an old link and an old pic. Damn he and I used to be good looking and young. Well-he was good looking. It made me cry.
    http://www.latechbbb.com/forum/showt...5-June-11-2007catfish.jpg

Catfish #1-4. Training to last hunt in flooded timber.Catfish1.jpgcatfish2.jpgcatfish3.jpgcatfish4.jpg

love those pictures, was there anytime that Catfish wasn't on full alert??

this lab is the first I've had, never really knew what all the "fuss" was about . .. . I'm WELL aware now. Its funny, what you said, when ducks are circling I find myself just watching her. She's not gonna aways have them located but she's always gonna be trying to get a read on where they're at. Had a gadwall come into the decoys this morning and sit down about 10 yds straight in front of her, 4 minutes before shooting time. it was funny watching her. she was in a stare down the duck then cut her eyes at me like, "dude, he's right there, cant ya see him". he finally got up and flew away, she just turned and stared me down. all I could l do was shrug my shoulders and laugh.

I know. I came into work one day; after duck hunting Toledo Bend, and the fellow I bought the store from asked me how I did that am. I told him that I did well. He then asked who I went with and; without thinking about it for a second, I answered " Catfish and I went" and I meant it just as such.

+ Reply to Thread