+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: CNC Fabricators LLC - Local Business

Puppy DJ_JB is just really niceDJ_JB is just really niceDJ_JB is just really niceDJ_JB is just really niceDJ_JB is just really niceDJ_JB is just really niceDJ_JB is just really niceDJ_JB is just really nice

CNC Fabricators LLC - Local Business

Hello everyone, I just wanted to post about a local business that one of my buddies started a while back. He has over 20 years of AutoCAD experience and recently just obtained licensing to make products for Louisiana Tech. He has also been known to create custom pieces from pictures provided by the client.

Here are some of the examples of his work. The first one is the prototype that I own that was presented to Louisiana Tech during the application process. It weights approximately 19lbs. I've included links for his business that show lots of other products that he has produced.

Firepit:

Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/pages/CNC-F...77849585695779

Webpage: http://www.collegesteel.com
    Last edited by DJ_JB; 08-08-2013 at 06:06 PM. Reason: New Website

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

Re: CNC Fabricators LLC - Local Business

Good looking items.

Good luck to your friend.
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Puppy DJ_JB is just really niceDJ_JB is just really niceDJ_JB is just really niceDJ_JB is just really niceDJ_JB is just really niceDJ_JB is just really niceDJ_JB is just really niceDJ_JB is just really nice

Thanks Dawgpix!

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DJ_JB View Post
    Hello everyone, I just wanted to post about a local business that one of my buddies started a while back. He has over 20 years of AutoCAD experience and recently just obtained licensing to make products for Louisiana Tech, Grambling, ULL, ULM, and LSU.
    They do look good, but no need to inform the readers of this board about products made for other schools. At that point it went from supporting Tech to spam.

Point taken! I edited the post, thought others might have family members that went to those 'other' schools... *shivver* I feel bad for them!

Champ GermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond repute GermDawg's Avatar

Hello everyone, I just wanted to post about a local business that one of my buddies started a while back. He has over 20 years of AutoCAD experience and recently just obtained licensing to make products for Louisiana Tech. He has also been known to create custom pieces from pictures provided by the client.

Here are some of the examples of his work. The first one is the prototype that I own that was presented to Louisiana Tech during the application process. It weights approximately 19lbs. I've included links for his business that show lots of other products that he has produced.

Firepit:

Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/pages/CNC-F...77849585695779

Webpage: http://www.cncfabricators.biz/
    Looks great, is it all custom? Or does he have some prices set, I could use some Tech stuff on my back patio.

Quote Originally Posted by GermDawg View Post
    Looks great, is it all custom? Or does he have some prices set, I could use some Tech stuff on my back patio.
    He cuts everything himself. In the past, people have given him a picture and he could cut it all out. I think he probably has some prices set. I talked to him today thru Facebook.

Do you have a facebook account? If so, he said you could just post there for a quote.

Champ GermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond repute GermDawg's Avatar

He cuts everything himself. In the past, people have given him a picture and he could cut it all out. I think he probably has some prices set. I talked to him today thru Facebook.

Do you have a facebook account? If so, he said you could just post there for a quote.
    Yeah, just can't use it at work;

I think if he had a few standard items (Color-3D State-T, LaTech-State) in set sizes M, L, XL; with a set price for each he could do a good business. People get nervous asking for custom stuff ($$$) and not knowing how much they would need to save up to buy it or give it as a gift. Not saying he needs to keep them in stock just have the price (plus shipping est) and that delivery is 2 weeks after order.

Plus it makes it easier to refer others too. When I have one on my patio, all my Tech friends will want one and if I can say "Go to cncfabricators.biz and send him and email with which one and size it and he'll get it to you." versus "Had to send him a pic, with dimensions, materials, and painting, he got back with an estimate, then changed size cause it was too high and got this one..." I'm sure he'll do a lot more business.

Quote Originally Posted by GermDawg View Post
    Yeah, just can't use it at work;

I think if he had a few standard items (Color-3D State-T, LaTech-State) in set sizes M, L, XL; with a set price for each he could do a good business. People get nervous asking for custom stuff ($$$) and not knowing how much they would need to save up to buy it or give it as a gift. Not saying he needs to keep them in stock just have the price (plus shipping est) and that delivery is 2 weeks after order.

Plus it makes it easier to refer others too. When I have one on my patio, all my Tech friends will want one and if I can say "Go to cncfabricators.biz and send him and email with which one and size it and he'll get it to you." versus "Had to send him a pic, with dimensions, materials, and painting, he got back with an estimate, then changed size cause it was too high and got this one..." I'm sure he'll do a lot more business.
    These are all excellent suggestions and I passed them on. He said he was working on some standard sizes and pricing for pieces. Hopefully this evening, he will create an account and get on here to post. It will be easier to deal with him directly since I'm just a middle man

Puppy PlanoRandy is an unknown

Got an e-mail from Matt and wanted to update the board on where we are on pricing an availability of these Tech all-steel cut outs. We're in Phase II of being licensed to make and sell these. I think we're close enough to getting licensed that we can talk pricing. The State "T", like you see on the Tech football helmet, comes in two sizes - 12"X12" and 24"X24" and sells for $55 and $195 respectively. The LA Tech plus the State "T" is the largest of the cut outs at 38"X"22" and sells for $249. The last one is the 24"X24" bulldog mascot. It sells for $195. All are multiple-layer, multiple colors, made from 14 gauge steel, painted, and would look great over a mantle, in an office, den, or in a patio. They're heavy so suggest you find a stud. Prices do not shipping or sales tax. I'll update the board when we can (really) start accepting orders. Jot me a note if you would like to pre-order. Randy (Tech Grad - CAB class of '74)

Quote Originally Posted by PlanoRandy View Post
    Got an e-mail from Matt and wanted to update the board on where we are on pricing an availability of these Tech all-steel cut outs. We're in Phase II of being licensed to make and sell these. I think we're close enough to getting licensed that we can talk pricing. The State "T", like you see on the Tech football helmet, comes in two sizes - 12"X12" and 24"X24" and sells for $55 and $195 respectively. The LA Tech plus the State "T" is the largest of the cut outs at 38"X"22" and sells for $249. The last one is the 24"X24" bulldog mascot. It sells for $195. All are multiple-layer, multiple colors, made from 14 gauge steel, painted, and would look great over a mantle, in an office, den, or in a patio. They're heavy so suggest you find a stud. Prices do not shipping or sales tax. I'll update the board when we can (really) start accepting orders. Jot me a note if you would like to pre-order. Randy (Tech Grad - CAB class of '74)
    And that's how you do it! I'm in!

Quote Originally Posted by PlanoRandy View Post
    Awesome, thanks Randy!

Champ rabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond repute

Very cool!! I can't decide on the mascot or the state T.

Both of those are really cool! I have the mascot, maybe in the future I'll splurge on the T.

Quote Originally Posted by rabiddawg View Post
    Very cool!! I can't decide on the mascot or the state T.
    CNC posted yesterday on their facebook page that their designs had been approved!

His new website, www.collegesteel.com

+ Reply to Thread