+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: The Best to Van De Velde

Champ longdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the rough

Re: The Best to Van De Velde

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    I agree that --for the most part-- Bruce was a "cultural misfit down here". But that's not necessarily a bad thing. IMO, LA Tech is a very unique place that still needs to grow a bit, both socially and culturally. If we are honest with ourselves, we'll admit that it's one of the big reasons many of our alumni leave and never look back.

Frankly, I thought Bruce brought a new level of professionalism to his AD post that we had rarely seen. My biggest criticism of Bruce was directed mostly at his apparent lack of vision. He just really didn't believe that LA Tech had the resources to grow our athletics programs to where we'd all like to see them go. His strength was obviously in administration. As a pure administrator, he may have been our best, if not our most aggressive.
    Good Post

Champ Westv is a jewel in the roughWestv is a jewel in the roughWestv is a jewel in the roughWestv is a jewel in the roughWestv is a jewel in the roughWestv is a jewel in the roughWestv is a jewel in the roughWestv is a jewel in the roughWestv is a jewel in the roughWestv is a jewel in the roughWestv is a jewel in the rough

I honestly think Bruce did a very good job while he was here. The program is in better shape that it was prior. He is a good man, and I wish him the very best in his new position.

Administrator EJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud of EJ's Avatar

I have been told you should walk a mile in a man's shoes before judging him. That way, when you do judge him, you will be a mile away and have his shoes.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Westv View Post
    I honestly think Bruce did a very good job while he was here. The program is in better shape that it was prior. He is a good man, and I wish him the very best in his new position.
    Thanks. I needed a good chuckle.

Big Dog dawg1984 has much to be proud ofdawg1984 has much to be proud ofdawg1984 has much to be proud ofdawg1984 has much to be proud ofdawg1984 has much to be proud ofdawg1984 has much to be proud ofdawg1984 has much to be proud ofdawg1984 has much to be proud ofdawg1984 has much to be proud ofdawg1984 has much to be proud ofdawg1984 has much to be proud of dawg1984's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Russdawg View Post
    Wishing the best to Bruce and his family in his new job as Senior Associate AD at Wisconsin.

http://www.uwbadgers.com/genrel/090313aaa.html

http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/222013621.html

Simply put, WE ARE CLEARLY BETTER OFF IN 2013 THAN WHEN BRUCE TOOK OVER. Under his watch: CUSA, White, Dykes, attendance growth, giving, etc. He is a decent guy who improved our lot and his time here was a PLUS. Thanks.

A toast to OUR FUTURE, WHICH IS BRIGHT. GO DAWGS!! LOVE ME SOME LA. TECH!!!!!!!!!! So looking forward to our continued ascendancy and SEPARATION!!!
    Ditto!

Champ maverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    I agree that --for the most part-- Bruce was a "cultural misfit down here". But that's not necessarily a bad thing. IMO, LA Tech is a very unique place that still needs to grow a bit, both socially and culturally. If we are honest with ourselves, we'll admit that it's one of the big reasons many of our alumni leave and never look back.

Frankly, I thought Bruce brought a new level of professionalism to his AD post that we had rarely seen. My biggest criticism of Bruce was directed mostly at his apparent lack of vision. He just really didn't believe that LA Tech had the resources to grow our athletics programs to where we'd all like to see them go. His strength was obviously in administration. As a pure administrator, he may have been our best, if not our most aggressive.
    Then, Lord help him with his weaknesses.

I think Bruce was a nice man...a well intentioned man...certainly a good family man. But, he was in way over his head. He is not a leader and I don't mean that as a slam. Not everyone is a leader and that's a good thing. Good administrators must lead at the level of the position they hold--and he held the highest position in the Athletic Dept.

I truly hope his new position will allow him to use the abilities he showed when he first came here under Dooley. All my best, Bruce.

+ Reply to Thread