+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: BoP in Red ... Really?!

Big Dog kdk008 is a glorious beacon of lightkdk008 is a glorious beacon of lightkdk008 is a glorious beacon of lightkdk008 is a glorious beacon of lightkdk008 is a glorious beacon of lightkdk008 is a glorious beacon of lightkdk008 is a glorious beacon of lightkdk008 is a glorious beacon of lightkdk008 is a glorious beacon of lightkdk008 is a glorious beacon of lightkdk008 is a glorious beacon of light

Re: BoP in Red ... Really?!

Quote Originally Posted by maddawg View Post
    Are you sure they will be wearing red? If so, not big deal. They should be wearing red. Going against the grain of many on this board seems popular for Robken who has gotten lots of help from members of this board.
    I don't know if they will wear red, but my guess is it's just as hot Thursday as it was today. If that's the case and they wear red polos again then it makes sense as to why they went with red this year so it corresponds to the Red Out game. If that's the case, he's not going against any grain. Besides that, I'm sure J-Rob appreciates any and all support from those here, but that doesn't mean he should make his decisions based on that. My point is, people get on here to complain about anything when for all they know, there is a reason for what is going on, even if you don't like it.

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

Tell em to hydrate and put them in uniforms...

Other bands do -

BTW the Lamar kids have to be bada$$ wearing that read and black - BADA$$!
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Puppy ScoutDawg has turned a few heads around hereScoutDawg has turned a few heads around hereScoutDawg has turned a few heads around hereScoutDawg has turned a few heads around here ScoutDawg's Avatar

As a former BOP member I hate the navy shorts need to go back to Khaki pants. At the end of the day the BOP Budget is terrible. Trust me if JROB could afford it we would have both Red and blue polos. Will not be surprised if we only have a pep band at Army game because cant afford to take the entire band. I would say start donating the $$$$ or quit your bitching but that's what BBB is for. I know band folks follow BBB and who knows might make a difference in the future.

Big Dog kdk008 is a glorious beacon of lightkdk008 is a glorious beacon of lightkdk008 is a glorious beacon of lightkdk008 is a glorious beacon of lightkdk008 is a glorious beacon of lightkdk008 is a glorious beacon of lightkdk008 is a glorious beacon of lightkdk008 is a glorious beacon of lightkdk008 is a glorious beacon of lightkdk008 is a glorious beacon of lightkdk008 is a glorious beacon of light

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne From Minden View Post
    Tell em to hydrate and put them in uniforms...

Other bands do -

BTW the Lamar kids have to be bada$$ wearing that read and black - BADA$$!
    Good grief dude

Puppy ScoutDawg has turned a few heads around hereScoutDawg has turned a few heads around hereScoutDawg has turned a few heads around hereScoutDawg has turned a few heads around here ScoutDawg's Avatar

Also the full uniforms are just not made we'll for the south. They do make full uniforms out of better material but we can't afford them. When we got the current uniforms the band wore the full uniforms on 1st home game and half a dozen members ended up in the hospital. That's not cheap either. Either way not saying JRob is always right he can be difficult. But walk a game day in the bands shows before passing judgement. Most games start for band at 7am and are usually some of the last folks to leave the stadium. Go back to complaining about concessions and Pepsi.

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

Do any of ya'll realize that when asked BB&B has stepped up $$$$ wise on several different occiassions for BoP

Numerous

AND yes I'm serious -

Put em in uniforms and hydrate em properly

And the only thing stopping the BoP from raising the funds they need is the BoP's leadership -

How many alumni does the BoP have? I can think of a half dozen or more that are active members of this board and they have the EXACT same thoughts I do
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne From Minden View Post
    Do any of ya'll realize that when asked BB&B has stepped up $$$$ wise on several different occiassions for BoP

Numerous

AND yes I'm serious -

Put em in uniforms and hydrate em properly

And the only thing stopping the BoP from raising the funds they need is the BoP's leadership -

How many alumni does the BoP have? I can think of a half dozen or more that are active members of this board and they have the EXACT same thoughts I do
    Wearing uniforms in stupid heat is not the right thing to do. We aren't the only ones who do this. Alumni on here have worn them on labor games as did I. And it absolutely sucked. You can hydrate but still have folks go down. We had a ton when we wore the new unis on Labor Day. And if you lose even a few people early your show is screwed up. It's just not a smart risk.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

You can buy polos, or something that looks like one, at Walmart for $4. each BOP member can buy their own royal blue shirt for $4. College students aren't that poor. Oh, wait! dang, the $4 shirts are limited stock, just what's out there. But, they also have $7 shirts that would work! (just trying to be helpful here and offer a solution to this problem)

Champ Bill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant future

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    You can buy polos, or something that looks like one, at Walmart for $4. each BOP member can buy their own royal blue shirt for $4. College students aren't that poor. Oh, wait! dang, the $4 shirts are limited stock, just what's out there. But, they also have $7 shirts that would work! (just trying to be helpful here and offer a solution to this problem)
    I was about to ask the question...do members of the bop not have any out of pocket expenses? I'm pretty sure every extracurricular activity I participated in at Tech had some out of pocket expenses.

I'm with DfM. Wear the damn uniform.

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

Two bands...and no battle of the bands?

I think the red polos would have looked ok with different shorts. Khaki or something neutral...a hundred different shades of NAVY blue and black just looked kinda bush league.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Brasky View Post
    I'm with DfM. Wear the damn uniform.
    Be careful. They may actually wear the uni for the redout.

Champ parisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond repute parisdog's Avatar

Band nerds.

Bulldog BoneDawg is a jewel in the roughBoneDawg is a jewel in the roughBoneDawg is a jewel in the roughBoneDawg is a jewel in the roughBoneDawg is a jewel in the roughBoneDawg is a jewel in the roughBoneDawg is a jewel in the roughBoneDawg is a jewel in the roughBoneDawg is a jewel in the roughBoneDawg is a jewel in the roughBoneDawg is a jewel in the rough

Here's the scoop, guys.

We have one polo for the entire year. The entire year. That's right, the red polo you saw yesterday was the same red polo you see at basketball games as the Hoop Troop uniform.

The problem with khakis is that there are 50+ different colors of khaki. You can't really instruct students to go out and buy khaki shorts and expect them to all come back with the same thing. However, telling them to go buy Navy shorts is much more effective with respect to matching. (Yes we do have some out-of-pocket expenses)

I'm not sure why we switched from blue to red, but we wore red from at least 2009-2013. Apparently, that's still going to be the case (I graduated this past Spring).

In my opinion, the red polos were chosen because they'd go better with navy shorts.

I'm sure the BoP would love to have red,blue,white polos. The funds aren't there, and it just makes more sense to have one.

Quote Originally Posted by BoneDawg View Post
    Here's the scoop, guys.

We have one polo for the entire year. The entire year. That's right, the red polo you saw yesterday was the same red polo you see at basketball games as the Hoop Troop uniform.

The problem with khakis is that there are 50+ different colors of khaki. You can't really instruct students to go out and buy khaki shorts and expect them to all come back with the same thing. However, telling them to go buy Navy shorts is much more effective with respect to matching. (Yes we do have some out-of-pocket expenses)

I'm not sure why we switched from blue to red, but we wore red from at least 2009-2013. Apparently, that's still going to be the case (I graduated this past Spring).

In my opinion, the red polos were chosen because they'd go better with navy shorts.

I'm sure the BoP would love to have red,blue,white polos. The funds aren't there, and it just makes more sense to have one.
    Sorry, but reasoning with these people with the actual story isn't going to work. It's not the exact thing that they want to see so they'll find a way to complain about it some fashion (no pun intended).

Champ DawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond repute DawgFaninHous's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BoneDawg View Post
    Here's the scoop, guys.

Two things, you noted you are graduated as of last spring- congrats on that, but guess what, you are now an alumni! Time to give back!

Secondly, to have the three colors for the entire band would take about $5000 and that is with the best materials, etc. That is 50 of your fellow alumni giving $100 a piece (or 100 giving $50 - you see where this is going). That is about $20 per home game and they can use them for the year. If the students are too poor, help them - I know when my kids are involved in programs at college, I sure get asked to help. I won't get into how much I gave to the UT Rowing program, but suffice it to say, it was more than the $100 you would be asking your group to pony up!

Coordinate an effort to get the $$$$ and give them to the band. Nobody likes to hear how much people don't have, they like to hear stories of how they got what they need! You and your fellow band alumni are proud Tech grduates, give back to the program and this thread would have been a moot point!

Just my humble opinion!

DFiH

+ Reply to Thread