+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Whew! Dat

Champ Cool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond repute

Re: Whew! Dat

Quote Originally Posted by maddawg View Post
    Yep, had they lost there would be thousands of arm chair QBs out there questioning one of the top 5 coaches in the NFL.
    And we would have been right!

Champ Cool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by dhussdawg View Post
    I didnt neccesarily disagree with going for it on forth and goal, even thought it was a full yard. I was fine either kicking it or going for it. But to give the ball to Ingram? That guy couldn't run over me!!! He cannot put his head down and run through someone, and we give him the ball on forht and goal from the 1? Come on, man!!!
    Dude, he would plant you 5 rows in the stands.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Cool Hand Clyde View Post
    I agree! He should have been able to get in too. I wanted them to go for it and I was wrong. Glad it didn't come back to bite us in the end. I would have drawn up a play with one of them jumping high over everyone in the middle.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Kick the damn FG! Oh wait, they did, then took it off the board. But! if you're gonna try to score in that situation, what you don't do, EVER, is run a slow-developing running play wide since the defense has no choice but to sell out in a run-blitz. Oh wait...that's exactly the play the Aints (on that decision) did run. Dumb! (That's like a pitcher grooving a fast ball to a hitter with two strikes. He has no choice but to protect the plate and WILL swing at anything close.) Instead, fake that, and roll Brees the other way in a pass-run option bootleg.

Champ dhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond repute dhussdawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cool Hand Clyde View Post
    Terrible short yardage back and that is what he is supposed to be good at. We could get someone as bad as he is for a lot less money. He just doesnt move piles and he got stood up by that guy at the goalline. He should have been able to get in the zone if he were good, but he is unfortunately a bust.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Terrible short yardage back and that is what he is supposed to be good at. We could get someone as bad as he is for a lot less money. He just doesnt move piles and he got stood up by that guy at the goalline. He should have been able to get in the zone if he were good, but he is unfortunately a bust.
    I think MI quits moving/churning his legs and feet once he hits the pile. Plus he seems to have lost his instinctive quick vision for the holes. Trade him for a top flight LB or DL.

Champ dhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond repute dhussdawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TYLERTECHSAS View Post
    I think MI quits moving/churning his legs and feet once he hits the pile. Plus he seems to have lost his instinctive quick vision for the holes. Trade him for a top flight LB or DL.
    Come on TT, no one trades in the NFL. Most we could get for him anyway would be a 5th round pick or something in that realm I imagine. Maybe call the Colts and cut your losses with a trade. However, the Saints love the 3 back rotation and I dont know who would take his place. I am confident that whomever they would bring in would probably be just as productive, though.

Champ StrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond repute StrayDawg's Avatar

I'm not ready to give up on Ingram just yet.

Payton gave details of the goal line play here, and said it was his fault. He is most likely covering Ingram's butt on this one, but that's what coaches are supposed to do.

Ingram hasn't developed into the player they expected, but they have used him in a pretty one-dimensional way until the last few games. Last season, if you saw Ingram in the huddle, you knew it would be a handoff right up the middle, so defenses stacked the box and stopped him. This year, Payton is giving him more chances to do what Pierre Thomas does, but he hasn't made anything happen yet. If he isn't producing by week 8 or so, then I will say it's time to trade him. Some people think that he is the type of running back who needs 20+ carries per game, which means that he is not a good fit for the Saints and should be traded to a team that needs a back like that.

Quote Originally Posted by StrayDawg View Post
    I'm not ready to give up on Ingram just yet.

Payton gave details of the goal line play here, and said it was his fault. He is most likely covering Ingram's butt on this one, but that's what coaches are supposed to do.

Ingram hasn't developed into the player they expected, but they have used him in a pretty one-dimensional way until the last few games. Last season, if you saw Ingram in the huddle, you knew it would be a handoff right up the middle, so defenses stacked the box and stopped him. This year, Payton is giving him more chances to do what Pierre Thomas does, but he hasn't made anything happen yet. If he isn't producing by week 8 or so, then I will say it's time to trade him. Some people think that he is the type of running back who needs 20+ carries per game, which means that he is not a good fit for the Saints and should be traded to a team that needs a back like that.
    Few teams use backs like that anymore because it makes their careers very short. Let's just face it, RBs are a dime a dozen now and we arent getting any value for Ingram. Hopefully, he will start to develop and get better because that might be the only option we have for this year.

Super Moderator Tech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond repute Tech77's Avatar

I would have preferred the Saints had kept Ivory and traded Ingram.
    Good old Memorial Gym

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Come on TT, no one trades in the NFL. Most we could get for him anyway would be a 5th round pick or something in that realm I imagine. Maybe call the Colts and cut your losses with a trade. However, the Saints love the 3 back rotation and I dont know who would take his place. I am confident that whomever they would bring in would probably be just as productive, though.
    Get a good Colts lb or DL for Ingram if he fails again this week. We have 5 RB's and Pierre Thomas should be our every down back.

- RB -

23 P. Thomas
    22 M. Ingram
    43 D. Sproles
    39 T. Cadet
    29 Khiry Robinson

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tech77 View Post
    Many of us have been screaming that.

Get a good Colts lb or DL for Ingram if he fails again this week. We have 5 RB's and Pierre Thomas should be our every down back.

- RB -

23 P. Thomas
    22 M. Ingram
    43 D. Sproles
    39 T. Cadet
    29 Khiry Robinson

TT, we arent getting anybody that is good for Ingram, just deal with it. Q Boldin went for a 6th round pick, he has had 100 times the career that Ingram has had and he was coming off a very good playoff performance. Trading is just not something that is done much in the NFL unless someone needs to get rid of somebody.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech77 View Post
    Yep.

Champ StrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond repute StrayDawg's Avatar

TT, we arent getting anybody that is good for Ingram, just deal with it. Q Boldin went for a 6th round pick, he has had 100 times the career that Ingram has had and he was coming off a very good playoff performance. Trading is just not something that is done much in the NFL unless someone needs to get rid of somebody.
    I disagree with you on this one a little. Boldin was traded for a 6th because he was in a contract year, the Ravens knew they couldn't re-sign him, and he refused to take a pay cut. We traded Chris Ivory to the Jets for a 4th, and he has always had hamstring issues. RBs are not as important as they used to be, but there is still value in a guy like Ingram. If a team gets a string of injuries at the position, then we might find great value for him. As it stands now, a 4th is probably the best we could get for him, unless he starts producing more.

I don't think he is as terrible as most Saints fans think, but he clearly has not developed into the player they thought he would be when they spent a first round pick on him.

+ Reply to Thread