+ Reply to Thread

Thread: How Long

Champ GonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond repute GonzoDawg's Avatar

How Long

How long into this game was it obvious to you that we were going to have trouble moving the football and scoring? For me it was the second drive. The 1st drive King dropped a sure TD pass and we kicked a FG. OK chit happens. By the second drive there was no doubt in my mind that we needed to pull out all the stops and take every chance we could to score and that FG's were not going to be enough to win this game. If you leave your defense on the field that long the other team is going to score. I wish our defense would have played as well last year. Granted they were on the field a lot last year as well but it was due to the fact that we were scoring quickly not running 3 plays and punting. We are no longer the aggressor on offense. We play safe and not to lose instead of taking it to the other team. In my experience a recipe for losing. You can't run a hurry up offense if you don't hurry up. Damn damn frustrating and as bad a Tech offense as I've ever seen.

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

Re: How Long

My uncle looked at me when we kicked the second FG and said, " hard to beat 6's with 3's." e both knew at that point.

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

I think it was about a quarter of the way to 9/28 for me.
    Time is your friend. Impulse is your enemy. -John Bogle

Champ Geaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond repute

When was Holtz hired?

Champ Rooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond repute Rooster's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Geaux Dawgs View Post
    When was Holtz hired?
    “Ability is what you're capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it.”
    Lou Holtz - Football Coach

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have." - Thomas Jefferson

"Bring back the rotary phone so we don't have to press 1 for English."
    www.casadice.com

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Geaux Dawgs View Post
    When was Holtz hired?
    I think it was shortly after USF fired him.
    Time is your friend. Impulse is your enemy. -John Bogle

Administrator EJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud of EJ's Avatar

Last week, when we played Lamar...

Champ SicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond repute SicemDawgz's Avatar

Yep, last week I knew we were in trouble. Lamar's DL was very undersized, but they were manhandling our OL.

Champ faninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond repute faninmonroe's Avatar

last week.....knew it would be a longggggggg season.

Big Dog WonderDawg is a glorious beacon of lightWonderDawg is a glorious beacon of lightWonderDawg is a glorious beacon of lightWonderDawg is a glorious beacon of lightWonderDawg is a glorious beacon of lightWonderDawg is a glorious beacon of lightWonderDawg is a glorious beacon of lightWonderDawg is a glorious beacon of lightWonderDawg is a glorious beacon of lightWonderDawg is a glorious beacon of lightWonderDawg is a glorious beacon of light WonderDawg's Avatar

Gonzo I agree with u, our hurry up offense would quickly line up having Tulane at odds and then stop look to the coach and give Tulane time to adjust This offense was confused and I put it on the coaches

Varsity Bulldog Dawg85 is a jewel in the roughDawg85 is a jewel in the roughDawg85 is a jewel in the roughDawg85 is a jewel in the roughDawg85 is a jewel in the roughDawg85 is a jewel in the roughDawg85 is a jewel in the roughDawg85 is a jewel in the roughDawg85 is a jewel in the roughDawg85 is a jewel in the roughDawg85 is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by cowpoke1977 View Post
    Yep, last week I knew we were in trouble. Lamar's DL was very undersized, but they were manhandling our OL.
    Exactly. We could all see this coming last week.

Champ rabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah, but last week i chalked it up to our being young, inconsistent & new staff. Last weekend they scrapped and didnt quit. I cant say that about the ol this week. Everything about this team looked unprepared except for the defense (yes its better but still not perfect at least it progressed).

Champ Gladzilla has much to be proud ofGladzilla has much to be proud ofGladzilla has much to be proud ofGladzilla has much to be proud ofGladzilla has much to be proud ofGladzilla has much to be proud ofGladzilla has much to be proud ofGladzilla has much to be proud ofGladzilla has much to be proud ofGladzilla has much to be proud ofGladzilla has much to be proud of

Better question how long before Skip Begs Taylor Birch to come back?

+ Reply to Thread