+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: What about Paul Harris?

Champ JAMROB is a splendid one to beholdJAMROB is a splendid one to beholdJAMROB is a splendid one to beholdJAMROB is a splendid one to beholdJAMROB is a splendid one to beholdJAMROB is a splendid one to beholdJAMROB is a splendid one to beholdJAMROB is a splendid one to beholdJAMROB is a splendid one to beholdJAMROB is a splendid one to beholdJAMROB is a splendid one to behold

Re: What about Paul Harris?

Quote Originally Posted by RougeDawg View Post
    1. He is on the team.

2. He hasn't had an attitude problem here.

3. He has demonstrated as a QB that can scramble and throw on the run.

We don't need a Heisman candidate out there; we need a kid that the defense will half-ass respect the pass to open the running game up.
    Agree, he's probably not somebody you want to build a team around. My frustration/ anger at the time was that we needed somebody that could scramble and throw. It was a situation where we needed a spark and Harris' athleticism and throwing ability was taylor-made for the other night. There is no doubt in my mind that we win that game if you insert Paul Harris in the game after Higgins second series; And I was saying over and over, put in 7, put in 7. From here, we'd probably be just as frustrated with him as the others and history would show, well, that's enough said.
    Last edited by JAMROB; 09-16-2013 at 07:15 AM.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by JAMROB View Post
    Agree, he's probably not somebody you want to build a team around. My frustration/ anger is that we needed somebody that could scramble and throw. It was a situation where we needed a spark and Harris' athleticism and throwing ability was taylor-made for the other night. There is no doubt in my mind that we win that game if you insert Paul Harris in the game after Higgins second series.
    I am all for it. It is worth a shot compared to what we are doing. He is going to have to scramble FAST with our OL, though. I am hoping that we, not only, figure out what works at QB but do some REAL hard work with our OL this week.

Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar

Agree, he's probably not somebody you want to build a team around. My frustration/ anger is that we needed somebody that could scramble and throw. It was a situation where we needed a spark and Harris' athleticism and throwing ability was taylor-made for the other night. There is no doubt in my mind that we win that game if you insert Paul Harris in the game after Higgins second series.
    I agree. It was obvious to everybody in the stands that our backup QB didn't have it after his second series. I can't believe Holtz left him on the field when the game was still winnable for us. How would Harris have performed? Who knows, but it couldn't have been any worse than what we endured.

Champ JAMROB is a splendid one to beholdJAMROB is a splendid one to beholdJAMROB is a splendid one to beholdJAMROB is a splendid one to beholdJAMROB is a splendid one to beholdJAMROB is a splendid one to beholdJAMROB is a splendid one to beholdJAMROB is a splendid one to beholdJAMROB is a splendid one to beholdJAMROB is a splendid one to beholdJAMROB is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by champion110 View Post
    I am all for it. It is worth a shot compared to what we are doing. He is going to have to scramble FAST with our OL, though. I am hoping that we, not only, figure out what works at QB but do some REAL hard work with our OL this week.
    All for what ? I was just talking about the second half. I have no idea what to do form here.
    Last edited by JAMROB; 09-14-2013 at 06:36 PM.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

All for what ? I was just talking about the second half. I have no idea what to do form here, work the plan I guess.
    Starting Harris against Kansas.......

2006 & 2011 BB&B Men's Bracket Champion (investigation underway) boxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond repute

I think it might be a good thing that our ineptitude has been exposed. Young had enough time to throw in the 1st half and we couldn't pass and catch. Once Tulane saw this, they just pinned their ears in the second half. I don't think its going to get better either. I really don't. We might make a play here or there, but its become painfully obvious to me over these 1st 3 games. Our offense is getting worse.

I think Harris brings a different component in terms of playmaking and competitiveness. I SAW our other players feeding off of him in the scrimmage! He can hand off just as good as Young. (So it's not like we're starting over there.) I also think our coaches can see a different element with him. He should start against Kansas, imo.

2004 and 2010-2011 BB&B Pick 'Em Contest Champion DogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond repute DogsWin's Avatar

Young was held out the second half because his ribs got cracked. The trainers were all over him coming out of the locker room for the 2nd half. Tulane pinned their ears back once they saw that we had zero behind Young. Coach said he regrets not putting Harris in for the 2nd half after Higgins. I think that will get corrected next week.

Champ 70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute 70TECHGRAD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RougeDawg View Post
    1. He is on the team.

2. He hasn't had an attitude problem here.

3. He has demonstrated as a QB that can scramble and throw on the run.

We don't need a Heisman candidate out there; we need a kid that the defense will half-ass respect the pass to open the running game up.
    Yep...that and Peveto was a piss poor coach!!! I would have probably argued with him myself. Paul wants to win!!!

Bulldog DAWG8DAWG is on top of his/her gameDAWG8DAWG is on top of his/her gameDAWG8DAWG is on top of his/her gameDAWG8DAWG is on top of his/her gameDAWG8DAWG is on top of his/her gameDAWG8DAWG is on top of his/her gameDAWG8DAWG is on top of his/her gameDAWG8DAWG is on top of his/her gameDAWG8DAWG is on top of his/her gameDAWG8DAWG is on top of his/her gameDAWG8DAWG is on top of his/her game

Quote Originally Posted by Dawg06 View Post
    I agree. It was obvious to everybody in the stands that our backup QB didn't have it after his second series. I can't believe Holtz left him on the field when the game was still winnable for us. How would Harris have performed? Who knows, but it couldn't have been any worse than what we endured.

Did the backup have it in last possession? We would have been in the game if we kicked the extra point.

Was Paul going to bring some blocking with him?

Bulldog DAWG8DAWG is on top of his/her gameDAWG8DAWG is on top of his/her gameDAWG8DAWG is on top of his/her gameDAWG8DAWG is on top of his/her gameDAWG8DAWG is on top of his/her gameDAWG8DAWG is on top of his/her gameDAWG8DAWG is on top of his/her gameDAWG8DAWG is on top of his/her gameDAWG8DAWG is on top of his/her gameDAWG8DAWG is on top of his/her gameDAWG8DAWG is on top of his/her game

The coaches put a small package in for Harris. He is an athlete he isn't a QB.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DAWG8DAWG View Post
    We would have been in the game if we kicked the extra point.
    So did the offense quit because they were down two scores?

The offense went on a 75yard drive when we're down by 15. They never got the ball back, probably because there was no pressure on the offense. The defense now was being asked to stop them 2x instead of once.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DAWG8DAWG View Post
    They never got the ball back, probably because there was no pressure on the offense. The defense now was being asked to stop them 2x instead of once.
    Did you watch the game?

Quote Originally Posted by maddawg View Post
    Did you watch the game?
    several times

The last possession we had was a 75 yard TD drive with a 25 yd run by Higgins and several nice passes. Extra point would have made it a one possession game. Giving defense a chance to stop them with all three timeouts. Offense had some momentum at that point.
    That is what I saw. I was there also.

+ Reply to Thread