+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: What about Paul Harris?

Bulldog DAWG8DAWG is on top of his/her gameDAWG8DAWG is on top of his/her gameDAWG8DAWG is on top of his/her gameDAWG8DAWG is on top of his/her gameDAWG8DAWG is on top of his/her gameDAWG8DAWG is on top of his/her gameDAWG8DAWG is on top of his/her gameDAWG8DAWG is on top of his/her gameDAWG8DAWG is on top of his/her gameDAWG8DAWG is on top of his/her gameDAWG8DAWG is on top of his/her game

Re: What about Paul Harris?

We started cut blocking more

Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DAWG8DAWG View Post
    Did the backup have it in last possession? We would have been in the game if we kicked the extra point.

Was Paul going to bring some blocking with him?
    I didn't see our last possession like 95% of our fans in attendance Thursday night. I left right after our backup got sacked, fumbled on the 1-yard line, and Tulane punched it in for a TD. I had no confidence that our offense could even get a single first down at that point, and I had seen enough piss poor football for the night. And I don't leave games early. The only other Tech football game I left early was the Hawai'i game in 2011.

Varsity Bulldog ETXBULLDOG is a glorious beacon of lightETXBULLDOG is a glorious beacon of lightETXBULLDOG is a glorious beacon of lightETXBULLDOG is a glorious beacon of lightETXBULLDOG is a glorious beacon of lightETXBULLDOG is a glorious beacon of lightETXBULLDOG is a glorious beacon of lightETXBULLDOG is a glorious beacon of lightETXBULLDOG is a glorious beacon of lightETXBULLDOG is a glorious beacon of lightETXBULLDOG is a glorious beacon of light

I left at the same time. The other time was in Bicknell's last yr when Nevada was leading 34 to 0 at the half and said
    I would not return until he was replaced. I hope Skip and his coaches can win some over the next few weeks and I plan
    to be at Home Coming and think North Texas will be very tough!

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dawg06 View Post
    I didn't see our last possession like 95% of our fans in attendance Thursday night. I left right after our backup got sacked, fumbled on the 1-yard line, and Tulane punched it in for a TD. I had no confidence that our offense could even get a single first down at that point, and I had seen enough piss poor football for the night. And I don't leave games early. The only other Tech football game I left early was the Hawai'i game in 2011.
    The offense had just gotten into the groove (cut blocking don't you see?) when Holtz made the decision to go for 2 which cost us the game. See, if we had cut the score to 8 the defense would have surely held them, giving the offense another chance in which they were sure to score with the cut blocking and all. There is little doubt we'd have then gotten the 2 pt conversion and won in OT.

Bulldog DAWG8DAWG is on top of his/her gameDAWG8DAWG is on top of his/her gameDAWG8DAWG is on top of his/her gameDAWG8DAWG is on top of his/her gameDAWG8DAWG is on top of his/her gameDAWG8DAWG is on top of his/her gameDAWG8DAWG is on top of his/her gameDAWG8DAWG is on top of his/her gameDAWG8DAWG is on top of his/her gameDAWG8DAWG is on top of his/her gameDAWG8DAWG is on top of his/her game

Quote Originally Posted by maddawg View Post
    The offense had just gotten into the groove (cut blocking don't you see?) when Holtz made the decision to go for 2 which cost us the game. See, if we had cut the score to 8 the defense would have surely held them, giving the offense another chance in which they were sure to score with the cut blocking and all. There is little doubt we'd have then gotten the 2 pt conversion and won in OT.
    stranger things have happened. Obviously going for two at that time was the right decision right?

Actually running the wildcat with Paul Harris would really work well with no offensive line. Uh madddawg?

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DAWG8DAWG View Post
    Actually running the wildcat with Paul Harris would really work well with no offensive line. Uh madddawg?
    You haven't read me asking for Paul Harris.

Champ Gladzilla has much to be proud ofGladzilla has much to be proud ofGladzilla has much to be proud ofGladzilla has much to be proud ofGladzilla has much to be proud ofGladzilla has much to be proud ofGladzilla has much to be proud ofGladzilla has much to be proud ofGladzilla has much to be proud ofGladzilla has much to be proud ofGladzilla has much to be proud of

I'll be yelling to get Paul in vs army, sick of this bs qb play.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Ya know.... it would be one thing if Young/Higgins were showing something to give us hope. But thus far, they haven't even been close! Go to the flag football games at intramural and find us a better QB. I guarantee ya, there are plenty of college students, who are good athletes, who could do a better job than those two have shown (thus far). I know they are both freshmen and will probably get better (MUCH better!!! is needed), but right now it ain't happening. Let's try Harris. Nothing to lose at this point.

Champ latech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    Ya know.... it would be one thing if Young/Higgins were showing something to give us hope. But thus far, they haven't even been close! Go to the flag football games at intramural and find us a better QB. I guarantee ya, there are plenty of college students, who are good athletes, who could do a better job than those two have shown (thus far). I know they are both freshmen and will probably get better (MUCH better!!! is needed), but right now it ain't happening. Let's try Harris. Nothing to lose at this point.
    knee jerk reaction when you start calling for the third string QB!!! the problem is with our O-line when they can't block and get pushed back 10 yards every play.

Champ JAMROB is a splendid one to beholdJAMROB is a splendid one to beholdJAMROB is a splendid one to beholdJAMROB is a splendid one to beholdJAMROB is a splendid one to beholdJAMROB is a splendid one to beholdJAMROB is a splendid one to beholdJAMROB is a splendid one to beholdJAMROB is a splendid one to beholdJAMROB is a splendid one to beholdJAMROB is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by latech View Post
    knee jerk reaction when you start calling for the third string QB!!! the problem is with our O-line when they can't block and get pushed back 10 yards every play.
    It is, but he can scramble and throw. I don't get why you didn't at least attempt the package which had been installed for him as a changeup from the funk we were in. To provide a possible spark to close the game out. He's the most athletic QB with the strongest arm and probably the most competitive. All those attributes may not be completely obvious until gametime. You at least try it so that you know if it can help us. Im not second guessing the coaches on the depth chart, just their unwillingness to try something a little differnent that you had obviously planned for.

Big Dog SIC_EM_DAWGS! is a glorious beacon of lightSIC_EM_DAWGS! is a glorious beacon of lightSIC_EM_DAWGS! is a glorious beacon of lightSIC_EM_DAWGS! is a glorious beacon of lightSIC_EM_DAWGS! is a glorious beacon of lightSIC_EM_DAWGS! is a glorious beacon of lightSIC_EM_DAWGS! is a glorious beacon of lightSIC_EM_DAWGS! is a glorious beacon of lightSIC_EM_DAWGS! is a glorious beacon of lightSIC_EM_DAWGS! is a glorious beacon of lightSIC_EM_DAWGS! is a glorious beacon of light

Quote Originally Posted by JAMROB View Post
    It is, but he can run and throw. I don't get why you didn't at least attempt the package which had been installed for him as a changeup from the funk we were in and to provide a possible spark to close the game out.
    If the offense can't get out of this funk then I agree, use Harris like Dooley used Cameron to try and provide a spark.

Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JAMROB View Post
    It is, but he can scramble and throw. I don't get why you didn't at least attempt the package which had been installed for him as a changeup from the funk we were in. To provide a possible spark to close the game out. He's the most athletic QB with the strongest arm and probably the most competitive. All those attributes may not be completely obvious until gametime. You at least try it so that you know if it can help us. Im not second guessing the coaches on the depth chart, just their unwillingness to try something a little differnent that you had obviously planned for.
    And Harris is the most experienced.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

And! (and this will come across as being mean, but I don't care...) if you (by "you" I mean the coaches who should know) really think Young/Higgins are the future for us at QB, then maybe while the OL sucks, you play Harris to keep one of the other two from getting kilt!!!!

Champ T1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond repute

It's strange how football teams shape up after a few games. 3 weeks ago we were hoping Young was better than Cameron and if not, we always have Higgins! Now we are alread talking about Paul Harris. You never know!

+ Reply to Thread